Solved

Activation in '1 year'

• 18 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I recently purchased a pre-order for ‘Shadow Tech Boost’ - I don’t know what it is or why it’s happened but apparently my activation will be in 2022? This shouldn’t be happening, especially how times have been promised.

Any help would be brill.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Phobos 18 March 2021, 01:25

Hey @simplyelectric ,
The estimated activation date gets displayed before ordering. Both boost EU datacenters are ready to use by end of March. It says that in the activation posts and on the homepage before buying. I hope that answers your question.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey @simplyelectric ,
The estimated activation date gets displayed before ordering. Both boost EU datacenters are ready to use by end of March. It says that in the activation posts and on the homepage before buying. I hope that answers your question.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Along with what @Phobos has shared, Shadow is experiencing activation delays across all data centers due to an increase in sales and complications caused by coronavirus (COVID-19).

The activation time is a projection based on current wait times and assessments of available resources. It can increase due to resources becoming available at a slower rate. During a delay, activation times depend on available components, employee resources, data center capacity, and how many other Shadow users are waiting that ordered before you. As all these variables change on a day-to-day basis, we do our best to project the most accurate time for activation wait time.

To learn more, please check out our blog: Why does Shadow occasionally have activation delays?

Hi so, before I purchased Shadow, i.e on the order screen it stated that my order would be activated by the 29th of March 2021, however when I purchased it, it then said “activation by the 29th of March 2022” now, I did read this a couple of times (both activation times/dates) and they were most definitely changed.

I do think you lot at Shadow need to buckle your boots together and stop taking in new orders if you can’t even handle the ones who have waited quite a long time now.