Continuously Changing My Activation Date...

• 24 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Do not promise my shadow will be activated in under 72 hours if that is not the case. When I first ordered it said my shadow would be active in under 72 hours. Then it changed to under 5 business days. Now the date is December 31st. Delays are fine but do not promise such a quick delivery date if that obviously isn’t the date. That is blatant false advertising, and I’m considering cancelling my order because of this. Just be honest. Just last week it said “by December 31st” and then suddenly it changed to “in under 72 hours” meaning they knew it would be ready by the initial date but changed it to 72 hours to draw in more customers. Not cool.

Phobos 7 days ago

Hello @KayLynn559
An activation date has never been promised. The date given is an estimated activation date. Delays can sadly happen.

“When pre-ordering, the User will be informed of when the Service may be accessed. This is an estimate by Shadow US, at the date of subscription, of when the Service will be available for the User in question.

Due to the nature of pre-ordering, which consists of subscribing to a Service or buying a product which is not yet available, or fully available, on the date of subscription, the User accepts the risk that the Service or product will only be available after the date initially indicated. Shadow US will endeavour to meet the deadlines indicated, and to inform the User of any revised deadline in case of a delay. Shadow US cannot guarantee, however, that a Service or a product offered on a pre-order basis will be available on a particular date.”

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello @KayLynn559
An activation date has never been promised. The date given is an estimated activation date. Delays can sadly happen.

“When pre-ordering, the User will be informed of when the Service may be accessed. This is an estimate by Shadow US, at the date of subscription, of when the Service will be available for the User in question.

Due to the nature of pre-ordering, which consists of subscribing to a Service or buying a product which is not yet available, or fully available, on the date of subscription, the User accepts the risk that the Service or product will only be available after the date initially indicated. Shadow US will endeavour to meet the deadlines indicated, and to inform the User of any revised deadline in case of a delay. Shadow US cannot guarantee, however, that a Service or a product offered on a pre-order basis will be available on a particular date.”