Solved

Email Address Changes on Account Do Not Replicate to Support

• 11 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’ve been made aware of a situation where a user has changed the email address on their account months ago. That person submitted a support request a few days ago and all of the support emails went to the old address instead of the new one. Fortunately, the old email address was still accessible. A reply was sent advising of the error and the email was then forwarded to the correct email address. Days later, support emails are still being received on the wrong address.

This is greatly worrying me as I highly doubt only 1 user is impacted by this issue. What if the user no longer had access to that email? From their perspective, it would seem like support is ignoring them and not replying at all. I’ve been thinking of testing this out with my own account to see if this issue persists to this day, but before I go around potentially wasting the time of the poor soul that gets the ticket, I’d like to know if there’s any awareness around this issue. Is this something that was known about and, if so, has it already been addressed? Would he just need to try updating his info again?

icon

Best answer by Brittaney from Shadow 16 February 2021, 19:18

Hi there, thanks for reaching out.  If they are still receiving emails to the wrong address, please send in another ticket to support concerning the issue and they should be able to resolve it.  

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi there, thanks for reaching out.  If they are still receiving emails to the wrong address, please send in another ticket to support concerning the issue and they should be able to resolve it.