Solved

Family account management

• 16 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, I’m a father of a couple of gamers who would both benefit from having Shadows just like the one I’ve been testing the past few days for myself.

I’d really like for there to be a way for me to manage a family account under a single login, though, rather than having to tie the same payment information to three different accounts and have to keep track of it all.

I recognize that this is not currently an option, but is it on any kind of roadmap or even backlog?

icon

Best answer by Gaijin 17 October 2020, 14:03

Multiple shadow instances under one e-mail is sadly not possible.

In the mean time, if you use gmail you can append a plus to your email to channel all three accounts to one single e-mail address. (e.g. yourgmail+shadow1@gmail.com, yourgmail+shadow2@gmail.com, youremail+shadow3@gmail.com)

This will not change the fact that you still need to maintain three accounts(including login/billing) but you would receive all communication on one single e-mail.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Multiple shadow instances under one e-mail is sadly not possible.

In the mean time, if you use gmail you can append a plus to your email to channel all three accounts to one single e-mail address. (e.g. yourgmail+shadow1@gmail.com, yourgmail+shadow2@gmail.com, youremail+shadow3@gmail.com)

This will not change the fact that you still need to maintain three accounts(including login/billing) but you would receive all communication on one single e-mail.

I realize it’s not possible today.  That’s what I said in my post.  What I’d like though is for it to make it onto Shadow’s radar.  How else are they supposed to know that an idea which has almost certainly been proposed internally by someone is also something which would be of use to actual customers?

I realize it’s not possible today.  That’s what I said in my post.  What I’d like though is for it to make it onto Shadow’s radar.  How else are they supposed to know that an idea which has almost certainly been proposed internally by someone is also something which would be of use to actual customers?

You asked and said what I was going to.

I might be wrong, but, Im thinking it's because of Win10 Security and the Fact that you have to have a separate email to lockdown that Device.

I'd love to be able to run my account on several devices on one login(at the same time), but then there is streaming to multiple devices at once.

Being an actual VM, it may be Windows Licensing.

👊🏾

I might be wrong, but, Im thinking it's because of Win10 Security and the Fact that you have to have a separate email to lockdown that Device.

I'd love to be able to run my account on several devices on one login(at the same time), but then there is streaming to multiple devices at once.

👊🏾

I don’t have any issue with them being three separately provisioned VMs.  They can each technically have their own account, that’s fine.  I’d just rather be able to sign in to one place to deal with billing and support and such.  Sort of an account management layer on top of the current account layer.  I am reasonably certain that I will be managing three or perhaps four shadows for years to come.  The easier this is the happier I’ll be.

👊🏾

I don’t have any issue with them being three separately provisioned VMs.  They can each technically have their own account, that’s fine.  I’d just rather be able to sign in to one place to deal with billing and support and such.  Sort of an account management layer on top of the current account layer.  I am reasonably certain that I will be managing three or perhaps four shadows for years to come.  The easier this is the happier I’ll be.

Right!

Personally, (*T-Pain Sang)Im in Love wit some Shadow😁