Solved

Switching datacenters?

• 27 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello all,

I’m moving to New York from Chicago later this year and I was just wondering what the policy on switching my shadow to a different datacenter would be. I bought the 1 year package so I am kind of locked in. At the time of buying I had no idea I was going to have to move. Now that it’s set in stone and locked in I was just wondering if I could have my shadow moved. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Arlo 27 May 2020, 21:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

The only way I know to switch datacenters is to cancel your subscription on your current plan and sign up again with your new address, however, since you are in an annual plan I don’t think you can.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

The only way I know to switch datacenters is to cancel your subscription on your current plan and sign up again with your new address, however, since you are in an annual plan I don’t think you can.

Actually, you can just ask Shadow Support and they’ll switch it in a few days. At least, this is how it used to be done

Userlevel 2
Badge

Actually, you can just ask Shadow Support and they’ll switch it in a few days. At least, this is how it used to be done

Oh, I didn’t know that. Thanks for the info.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Unfortunately, Shadow Support cannot move the location of your Shadow. You would have to sign up and create a new account.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Unfortunately, Shadow Support cannot move the location of your Shadow. You would have to sign up and create a new account.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Am I wrong in thinking it used to be much simpler back in the late 2018 to early 2019 days?