Solved

We need ultra package. Any news?

• 3 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Any updated news when the ultra package will be coming? The basic just isn't keeping up anymore. Two year old games getting between 40 and 50 fps on just high settings. 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 3 September 2020, 22:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Hey Jligg, the most recent information we have about the higher tiers is here but we’ll let you all know if there are any updates or changes!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

The Nvidia RTX 3000 series made Shadow Ultra and Infinite obsolete.

Given the high performance of already the RTX 3070 for only 499, even Infinite is a waste of money for way less performance.

On top of that, we even have to wait another half year for this way less performance.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The Nvidia RTX 3000 series made Shadow Ultra and Infinite obsolete.

Given the high performance of already the RTX 3070 for only 499, even Infinite is a waste of money for way less performance.

On top of that, we even have to wait another half year for this way less performance.

As much as I like and believe in the concept of Shadow I have to agree. I am not seeing the value in it that I once did. I might be only paying $11.99 for “Boost”, however, I am paying $23.92/month on top of that for 2TB of slow HDD storage! That means at today’s prices I could buy a 2TB HDD and have it paid off in 2 months. Heck my 5TB HDD for my Xbox was only $130! I had no plans to pay for extra storge this long let alone until sometime in 2021 as I was going to be getting Infinite and dropping the extra storage.

We are using a GPU that is now 2-3 generations behind gaming GPUs. Worst of all is the CPU. A 5 year old OEM processor running at 2.5 GHz with no documented boost frequency from Intel. Though it is agreed to be 3.1 to 3.3 GHz. Not the 3.4 GHz Shadow claims.

I still believe in the concept. However, I no longer believe in Shadow. I think that Blade has undisclosed plans for Shadow that don’t include gamers.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yeah, like I'm playing division 2 which isn't a new game with most settings on medium and just a couple on high and average 45 fps. My xbox one gets 60fps lol

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Coming back to this because I am so discouraged with Shadow right now. I just purchased the first game I have ever had any interest with playing with RTX on, Control. The saddest part is that if I want to play with RTX on I have to pay $5/month to play on Gforce Now. Adding insult to injury because I no longer have my PC and use my Ghost as my daily driver I have to use Shadow to stream Geforce Now!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Coming back to this because I am so discouraged with Shadow right now. I just purchased the first game I have ever had any interest with playing with RTX on, Control. The saddest part is that if I want to play with RTX on I have to pay $5/month to play on Gforce Now. Adding insult to injury because I no longer have my PC and use my Ghost as my daily driver I have to use Shadow to stream Geforce Now!

F… 

but i totally agree with people here on this thread, compo are getting outdated and people actually paying for the infinite isnt even worth it anymore imo

it was before that release considering the price of a rtx titan/2080 over 1000$ but now for 499$ you get a better thing 

ofc rtx titan is “still” a good gc but compared to the 30 serie now.. ouch