Issue/Describe the bug
The Apple service “VTDecoderXPCService” is using more and more memory when using Shadow for extended periods of time. I’m encountering this problem only on the shadow app so I thought it’s a good idea to submit a bug to you.
Shadow App on a MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 - macOS 12.1). I’m using Wi-Fi most of the time.
I’m using the universal app. Launcher v4.28.9. & Client : v3.14.6.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Open Activity Monitor and check “VTDecoderXPCService” memory.
- Launch the Shadow and use it for a certain period of time.
- VTDecoderXPCService memory usage is growing up.
- Disabling (or enabling) Metal in the launcher does not have an effect.
- Restarting the stream every 1 or 2 hours is my workaround for now. Otherwise, the stream crashed or macOS ask the user to free RAM.
- Memory usage seems to increase much faster with a bad connection and a lot of packet loss. Unfortunately, I don’t have a rock-solid connection overall so I can’t test that properly for now.