Issue/Describe the bug
When I run shadow on an external 4k monitor in android 10 desktop mode, the resolution selection is for the tablet internal screen, not the external monitor.
Lenovo P11 Pro (TB-J706F, Snapdragon 730G), Android 10 5th Dec 2020 patch
Shadow Android App v 3.3.2, Shadow Boost in Paris.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Switch on ‘Force Desktop Mode’ in Developer options on Android Device and reboot (equivalent of using Samsung DEX?)
- Connect an external monitor with different resolution to tablet screen via usb-c DP mode adapter (e.g. a 4k TV via usb-c to HDMI 2 adapter)
- Check the monitor is extending the desktop not mirroring, and check resolution (yes and 4k in my case)
- Launch Shadow on the extended screen.
- Go to the resolution selection dialog in Shadow App
- Dialog shows resolutions for the internal screen (in my case up to 2560x1600 60Hz but no 4k)
- Expected behaviour would be to display available resolutions for the extended display on the USB-C DP connector.
- I believe productivity modes like Samsung DEX may use Desktop mode, but I used the ‘Taskbar’ App in the play store for a similar experience. Optionally I used the SecondScreen App to switch the extended screen resolution/DPI though the default 4k selected is sufficient for the bug to appear, I use 1080p for LOTRO as it doesn’t scale well)
- Lenovo Productivity mode only screen mirrors so the problem doesn’t appear (but again limited to 2560x1600)