Rejected

Stutter while playing Creeper World 4 on Steam

• 13 March 2021
  • 2 replies

• Describe the bug (required)
    • Creeper World 4 on Steam has a stutter that seems to jerk roughly every 1 second when I stream using Shadow. 
    • If I start up the Shadow PC with my phone then stream the game using Steam then everything works perfectly. Unfortunately the Shadow shuts down after 30 min if I don’t keep tapping my phone.
    • Other games on Steam work fine.
    • I have a gigabit connection and get a pretty decent connection on the PC I’m trying to stream with.
    •  

• Steps to reproduce the bug (required)
    • 1. Start shadow
    • 2. Right click Steam icon in the system tray.
    • 3. Select Creeper World 4 from the context menu.
    • 4. On the main menu you can see the stutter.
      • Note that it’s about once per second.
    • 5. Start a mission and add a lot of units to the play field.
      • Note that even with a lot going on in the game the stutter stays at once per second.
  • Windows official Launcher v4.22.9 Client v3.9.8
  • Additional Context
    • My computer is a 12ish year old gaming PC, but it’s still kinda ok.
    •  

Ike from Shadow 6 months ago

Hi @auGambit ,

We were unable to reproduce the issue on our end.

A consistent/rhythmic stutter such as the one you described is usually due to your computer struggling to decode the video of the Shadow stream. It can occur depending on the graphical intensity and resolution/refresh rate of the Shadow stream or game you’re playing on Shadow.

I also noticed you’re using Shadow on a Windows 7 computer. Please note Windows 7 is no longer supported by Shadow (as Microsoft has discontinued support for it), and we cannot guarantee Shadow will work properly on Windows 7. I recommend upgrading to Windows 10, which you can search for ways to do this for free online.

If the issue is still occurring on Windows 10, it may be due to your older computer’s hardware (most likely GPU). You can test using Shadow and playing the same game from a different computer or phone to confirm this. I also recommend checking if your local video drivers are up-to-date, lowering the display resolution/refresh rate of your Shadow, or lowering the graphics settings of your game.

View original

2 replies

Does the screen show artifacting like this (https://streamable.com/t2sg7c) during the stutters?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @auGambit ,

We were unable to reproduce the issue on our end.

A consistent/rhythmic stutter such as the one you described is usually due to your computer struggling to decode the video of the Shadow stream. It can occur depending on the graphical intensity and resolution/refresh rate of the Shadow stream or game you’re playing on Shadow.

I also noticed you’re using Shadow on a Windows 7 computer. Please note Windows 7 is no longer supported by Shadow (as Microsoft has discontinued support for it), and we cannot guarantee Shadow will work properly on Windows 7. I recommend upgrading to Windows 10, which you can search for ways to do this for free online.

If the issue is still occurring on Windows 10, it may be due to your older computer’s hardware (most likely GPU). You can test using Shadow and playing the same game from a different computer or phone to confirm this. I also recommend checking if your local video drivers are up-to-date, lowering the display resolution/refresh rate of your Shadow, or lowering the graphics settings of your game.