Solved

Anyone using Shadow on an arm based PC ?

Thinking about getting a Surface Pro x so would like to know if anyone has had any problems running the 32bit version of Shadow on an Arm based PC ? There are a few out there now so I would think someone has tried it. 

I use my shadow to do the heavy lifting my 4 year old base Surface Book cant handle and would like to continue to do the same with a lighter always on PC with a decent screen so the pro x looks like a good bet if shadow works. 

icon

Best answer by RAZhkoh 19 July 2020, 14:07

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Avid Android,

From today, only Android app can run on ARM processor.  Although the Shadow for Android application is ARM compatible, it is specially light, made to fit mobile devices. 

Ok I would have thought the 32bit windows version for the windows shadow app would at least run in emulation mode on Windows on Arm? It just may be a bit slow like the other 32bit apps currently running on Windows for Arm.  Although its probably not officially supported by shadow which is fair enough as they would need to test it for a very small user group. 

Oh and thanks for getting back to me :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I really don’t know if it will even launch on Win32 :sweat_smile:

No worries I will give it a try if I get one and update this post.

Well just spent a hour playing doom eternal on the Surface Pro x using the 32bit version of Shadow with no problems :) Performance seems on par with running it on my old laptop .

Badge

Test video

This is me using the Surface Pro X with an XB1 controller (via Bluetooth), 32-bit version of Shadow, playing Phantasy Star Online 2 maxed out. Overall works well, just don’t accidentally touch the touch screen. It doesn’t switch between touch and mouse mode well.

Looks good! I’ve got in working on a 2nd screen pretty well at the moment 

Test video

This is me using the Surface Pro X with an XB1 controller (via Bluetooth), 32-bit version of Shadow, playing Phantasy Star Online 2 maxed out. Overall works well, just don’t accidentally touch the touch screen. It doesn’t switch between touch and mouse mode well.

That’s an iPad Pro in the video. Were you able to test this on the Surface Pro X? I’m curious how well it works.

Badge

Test video

That’s an iPad Pro in the video. Were you able to test this on the Surface Pro X? I’m curious how well it works.

Sorry you’re right. I must have pasted the wrong link. Unfortunately can’t fix it. Here’s a new link (let me double check this time...) https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/430620255346360321/748671332711137361/video0.mov

Test video

Sorry you’re right. I must have pasted the wrong link. Unfortunately can’t fix it. Here’s a new link (let me double check this time...) https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/430620255346360321/748671332711137361/video0.mov

Thanks! That seems to be working very well. 

I play on my surface pro X without any particular issue.