This is going to be an experiment that I will do on my spare time, but so far, this is my result.
I managed to get the Shadow.AppImage after a few trials and error.
The mouse is working properly (you have to lock it) and works slightly better than the Android App as it recognize the input from the mouse better than the Android app and it works at native speeds.
Can’t seem to get the start button to work, but it is a first run.
I’ll have more to say on this later.
So, I decided to play one full game and work for at least one hour. Here’s the results:
The difference between the Android App + Lunix App thus far:
While I won’t give up on the Shadow Linux app… I guess it’s going to be Android for a while until I figure out how to tweak it.
After a few days working on this, I decided that it’s just not worth trying to piece together things so that I can make the Lunix version work flawlessly on Chromebook.
Yes, it does have a few advantages, like looking sharper with the color enhancements, possible dual screens and locking the mouse properly and the keyboard bindings, but it takes away from other items, like USB support, which is already supported in the Android version.
While I do creative work and I do need keyboard shortcuts, I don’t need it so badly that I’m willing to use the little spare time to get it to work properly.
If anyone got some input on how to get the linux version to work seamlessly, I’m willing to listen. But now, I’m willing to entertain questions about the process of what I’ve been doing.