Received the PowerA Fusion Pro Xbox Wired USB (no bluetooth) controller for Christmas https://www.powera.com/product/fusion-pro-wired-controller-for-xbox-one-black/
It does work well with macOS Catalina and Shadow but I had to fiddle around a little first. Wanted to share how I got working and some ongoing quirks.
- Updated the firmware to latest https://support.powera.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035586772-FUSION-Pro-Controller-2019-Release-Firmware-Update-v1-24-for-Mac
- Installed 360Controller Driver for macOS: https://github.com/360Controller/360Controller/releases
- Reboot, and plug in controller
- Goto System Preferences->Xbox 360 Controllers and check the Controller appears and works in Controller Test
- Finally, make sure you click Advanced->Pretend to be an XBox 360 Controller checkbox
Launch Shadow and start streaming. Controller should appear in shadow’s list of controllers and work in your games.
IMPORTANT: Every time you reboot, or unplug the controller you’ll have to uncheck and recheck the checkbox Advanced->Pretend to be an XBox 360 Controller. It still seems to work if you just go to sleep.
I found that I didn’t have to do the My Shadow->Use my USB devices on my Shadow to get it to work.