Solved

Any luck getting Asymmetric games to work?

• 3 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Asymmetric games are the ones like Acron, or Takelings House Party, where one user plays via the VR headset, and friends can join in using their cell phones. These games require all users to be on the same wi-fi.

Has anyone found a way to get these to work using Shadow? My tablet is on the wifi, but of course the Shadow isnt so they wont connect. Any ideas on a workaround?

icon

Best answer by Gelgoog 8 March 2021, 20:44

@TheHoodooMan11 

If you know your stuff you can look into zero-tier to bring Shadow into the same local network. Keep in mind it will require some technical ability. -Gelgoog

I find pointing people to the right direction helps them…..

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@TheHoodooMan11 

If you know your stuff you can look into zero-tier to bring Shadow into the same local network. Keep in mind it will require some technical ability. -Gelgoog

Thanks Ill take a look. I’m pretty good with IT but if it looks like like I’ll be changing too many options I dont want to risk messing up what I’ve got now.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

The shadow ghost has this feature, if you have one.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@TheHoodooMan11

Only issue with Zerotier and games like this is that you’d have to join each client to the network individually, which is kind of a mood killer for party games. I’d personally recommend a router that can run LEDE or OpenWRT. That OS on a router can bridge the Zerotier LAN to the router LAN and make things pretty seamless.