Question

Bad performance of WarZone even in the best tiers.

• 4 January 2021
  • 8 replies

hello do you also experience poor performance in WarZone? I am an ultra user and even with the graphics on low it does not reach stable 60fps with drops even at 40. Do you know if it can be solved? It is a problem of the poor optimization of the game or maybe because the Quadro is not a 100% dedicated graphics card to play ?

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Please see:

Noup, I have all the drivers installed, quadro experience, competitive graphics settings or even worse, and it's still 40fps. And I'll be honest, it's the only game that happens, which makes me sad and frustrates me because an equivalent to the 2080 runs in low WarZone at 40fps :c

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Noup, I have all the drivers installed, quadro experience, competitive graphics settings or even worse, and it's still 40fps. And I'll be honest, it's the only game that happens, which makes me sad and frustrates me because an equivalent to the 2080 runs in low WarZone at 40fps :c

Thanks for confirming...it does sound strange. Has this “always” been the case for WarZone? Which resolution are you running the game at?

It has always been the case with Warzone, the only one I have a problem with and the result is 1080 should not be a problem

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It has always been the case with Warzone, the only one I have a problem with and the result is 1080 should not be a problem

What Data Center are you on?

Beta and / or Live Shadow Client?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Fresh Install of Warzone

If you pause Pre-Shader download there are performance issues on the map.

I made a few adjustments and it smoothed out like glass, for me.

Which Tier are you on? If you are on Ultra or Infinite the problem is because Shadows servers have been overloaded since before Christmas which caused overheating. Shadow’s tech team has since Disabled Turbo boost as a temporary fix till they can get the hardware back to 100 percent. My advice is to just not run the game in 1080P as it’s more CPU bound and CPU bound without turbo boost is going to tank your fps. I’d advise you to run the game in 1440P and crank the setting to max. Their is absolutely NO reason to play on low. Crank the settings and crank the resolution to 1440P. This should offset the cpu and in turn either increase fps or give a more stable fps. 

Remember low resolutions such as 720P, 1080P are more cpu bound in most games which means the CPU takes more of a hit but this all depends on what GPU you have as well. 

1440P on up is GPU bound although there are some games that hammer the cpu even at higher resolutions

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

You lower the Settings in my Scenario long enough to play on a Fresh Install until Pre-Shaders can be downloaded in My Scenario.

Pre-Shaders download pausing is met with a splash screen stating performance issues.

Tier?

I read you can't come back to Boost if you go Ultra or Infinite.

I chose Extra Space instead.