Solved

Call of Duty Lag Issue

• 5 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Recently I joined the Shadow community with hope of playing online games such as Call of Duty Modern Warefare (COD MW) with my friends. I have been experiencing the worse game play ever during even practice mode. My shooter will not follow mouse and will delay the movement so much that it is impossible to play. The menus response is great, but actual gameplay is bad.

So far I’ve tried optimizing my settings and the gameplay is still delayed. I understand that giving out personal information is a no, no, but I live in Columbus, Ohio and I’m connected to the Chicago data center. My bandwidth is low and the latency has increased from 20-30ms from last week to 70-80ms this week.

When it is convenient, would it be possible for anyone to give some advice?

Thank You,

TwinsOfQuietus

icon

Best answer by TwinsOfQuietus 6 November 2020, 18:57

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Did you make sure to disable the vsync and triple buffering in the game’s options ?

If so, do the lag still appear if you use 5 Mbps as bandwidth in the Shadow’s launcher options ?

Hi @Ak. ,

Sorry for the delayed response, I was able to confirm with support within Discord and they mentioned that my modem is no longer being supported by my ISP. We got a great laugh since my ISP is charging me for their own service. I plan on getting a new cable modem and a separate router to resolve this problem.

If it persists I’ll be sure to reach out and I appreciate the help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Ak. ,

Sorry for the delayed response, I was able to confirm with support within Discord and they mentioned that my modem is no longer being supported by my ISP. We got a great laugh since my ISP is charging me for their own service. I plan on getting a new cable modem and a separate router to resolve this problem.

Was everything fixed? :o 

Hi @Lily,

Long time no see. I spoke with you in discord about getting a new modem and router for a better performance experience with shadow. However, I’m going to have to wait another month before making those transitions because of Christmas gifts.

As of now, I will do another test once I get the new hardware and I will be sure to reach out to you.

Thank you for all your help so far and I hope you have a wonderful day.

TwinsOfQuietus

Hi @Ak. ,

Was everything fixed? :o 

Hi @Lily ,

So I was able to upgrade my modem and router this week with the addition of 1Gbps for internet speed. I have over 900 Mbps download and roughly 50 Mbps upload. However, I’m still running into issues in Call of Duty Modern Warfare where the shooter is lagging all over the place when moving. It’s not a steady aim and I’m really surprised since I have Shadow Ultra now too. When it is convenient, I was wondering if you could help me?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Use ethernet instead of wi-fi
Turn off gsync or freesync on your monitor
Lower the Hz of your monitor to 144 or less

If your ping is still super high, contact support

Use ethernet instead of wi-fi
Turn off gsync or freesync on your monitor
Lower the Hz of your monitor to 144 or less

If your ping is still super high, contact support

@Thortok2000 I appreciate your help and I spoke to @Phobos and @Dariisa in discord. They recommended having the cursor be on a locked screen and that solved the issue. I will keep your comment in mind for the future.

Thank You!