Solved

controllers not working on games

• 22 February 2021
  • 6 replies

My ps4 controller won’t work in game but say I’m in the steam page it works just fine. When I try to play the games with a controller on my laptop it works too, it’s just on my shadow.

icon

Best answer by Brittaney from Shadow 23 February 2021, 22:07

Thanks for doing that!  I'd recommend turning off the VPN to see if the controllers will work after doing so.

If doing so didn’t resolve the issue, I'd recommend you reach out to our support team for further troubleshooting assistance.  They’ll be able to help diagnose the issue.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

We need more information to help troubleshoot this issue:

• Application type (Windows/Mac/Mobile/etc.)

• Shadow Client Version (Official/Beta/Alpha)

• Local device CPU

• Local device GPU

• Datacenter location (check status.shadow.tech)

• Connection speed (Datacenter speed tests EU: Paris | AMS or US: CA | TX |CH | NY)

• Description of issue

Other:

• Date when problem appeared.

• Did you take any action(s) which could have created this problem? If so, what?

• Do you recall any action(s) you took after it happened?

• Do you use a VPN and/or antivirus?

• Please provide a screenshot of your shadow stats (Alt+Win+O). Also make sure it captures a timeframe when the issue has happened.

Mobile, official, A9, PowerVR GT7600, NY, Around the third, no, [disconnecting and reconnecting my controller, turning off and back on the game, turning off and back on my PC, turning back off and on my phone, and turning off my VPN], I use a VPN

• Local device CPU

• Local device GPU

• Connection speed (Datacenter speed tests EU: Paris | AMS or US: CA | TX |CH | NY)

• Description of issue

Other:

• Did you take any action(s) which could have created this problem? If so, what?

• Please provide a screenshot of your shadow stats (Alt+Win+O). Also make sure it captures a timeframe when the issue has happened.

Mobile, official, A9, PowerVR GT7600, NY, Around the third, no, [disconnecting and reconnecting my controller, turning off and back on the game, turning off and back on my PC, turning back off and on my phone, and turning off my VPN], I use a VPN

• Local device CPU

• Local device GPU

• Description of issue

Other:

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thanks for doing that!  I'd recommend turning off the VPN to see if the controllers will work after doing so.

If doing so didn’t resolve the issue, I'd recommend you reach out to our support team for further troubleshooting assistance.  They’ll be able to help diagnose the issue.

I already tried that

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Then please reach out to our support team through your account page for further assistance.