Solved

Cube World Beta Modding Issue

• 24 September 2020
  • 3 replies

So I am not sure why modding cube world beta doesn’t work on Shadow PCs, but it doesn’t. The game’s task just won’t appear (it’ll be running in the background, but it never initiates the mods and it never appears in my task bar.) I have tried numerous things and I think it just has to do with the way the PC functions. If anyone knows of a solution I would appreciate it because I LOVE cube world, but the beta is just not fun without the fixes the mods bring to the table and I don’t want to play the alpha as the process it takes to get that working again isn’t worth it.

icon

Best answer by Special 28 September 2020, 15:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I know little about Cube World, you should try to contact the developer(s) about this issue. Since you’re using beta you should also find out where you can send feedback. Please keep in mind that if you have any programs or settings interfering with the way Shadow operates (example: anti-virus) you should delete them or factory reset your Shadow.

I know little about Cube World, you should try to contact the developer(s) about this issue. Since you’re using beta you should also find out where you can send feedback. Please keep in mind that if you have any programs or settings interfering with the way Shadow operates (example: anti-virus) you should delete them or factory reset your Shadow.

Trust me, there’s no use contacting the developers… they often go radio silent. For example, the first update the game received took over a decade. It is an indie studio and it’s only a man and his wife. I am honestly not sure what to do here as I do not have anti-virus software and no program should be interfering with shadow. I believe this has to do with some sort of permissions issue with the application. I’ve tried running it as admin and that seems to prompt one of the text boxes that should appear but the game still only runs in the background.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Okay maybe you should play the game using an admin account, you can easily make any announce on Windows an admin.