Cyberpunk 2077

• 17 October 2020
  • 15 replies

Badge +1

Is anyone else hanging off buying Cyberpunk 2077 until they've seen it working on Shadow?

Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be another RDR2.

Andy

15 replies

I think CD Projekt said it would be available on geforce now, also it should be drm free on gog. So i doubt there will be an issue, but waiting to buy the game is never a terrible option. 

Badge

Definitely nothing wrong with waiting, but I do doubt there will be any shadow-specific issues. 
Check out my other post on one of the shadow staff’s threads. I detailed my experience with shadow for the past 2 years and also a bit of info on the games that don’t work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I’m confident the game will work on Shadow VMs. I’m also confident that people will complain that they can’t run the game at highest settings on Boost.

Has anyone played it yet on Boost? And how smooth does it run, recommend settings??? 

I’m guessing a lot of people as the servers are partly inaccessible right now, which I havent seen before in my half  a year of Shadow.

Has anyone played it yet on Boost? And how smooth does it run, recommend settings??? 

I did played it on Boost, and as I expected the weak CPU does bottleneck a lot.

In indoors and uncrowded places it does run around 50 fps on medium settings but in crowded places and city outdoor it fall down to 30 fps, no matter the graphics settings with 100% CPU and 60% GPU usage.

Lowering the crowd density does help a little bit with 10 fps gain.

I recorded a video here: 

Purchased this evening. Unfortunately, it was completely unplayable on any settings except for low. Even then, I experienced lag. I thought maybe I had a weak connection at the time, but I booted up Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and it runs without any hiccups on Very High settings. 

I’m hoping it’s an optimization issue via CDPR and will rectified with any incoming patches. In the meantime, I’ve applied to the waiting list for higher Shadow tiers so I can run this game at its best. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

it runs but at what cost..game’s not very beautiful on boost on any settings imo 

plus running the game on a 4k monitor with 1080p settings is a nightmare 

i managed to pull a 2k thing but it’s certainly not in 60fps anyway

the game is really blurry and doesnt scale very well but i dont have any other choice

in 4k low i dont even think the games run at 3 fps lol

but it’s playable on high 1080p if you arent picky 

i wish i could play with my native resolution even on low settings cause damn the blur is annoying af

@Ayasato69, you made me realize I never actually checked my resolution settings. Default was set to 4K.

I dropped it to 1440 and graphics set to high and it is running acceptably. I’m also playing on my Apple TV, on a 55” TCL 4K tv and honestly it doesn’t look bad at all.

Badge +1

I play the game at 1080 on my Ultra and it defaulted to max settings with Ray Tracing on. I hardly play any above 1440.

Badge

I’m getting between 15 and 22 fps even after updating to the new Nvidia drivers. I hope they patch it.  Something is wrong on their end.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

So far, I'm unimpressed.…

...and I worked for EA Sports 🤦🏾‍♂️🤣

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Oh Snap😳

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Ayasato69, you made me realize I never actually checked my resolution settings. Default was set to 4K.

I dropped it to 1440 and graphics set to high and it is running acceptably. I’m also playing on my Apple TV, on a 55” TCL 4K tv and honestly it doesn’t look bad at all.

Happened to me as well so i’m glad i could help out 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I play the game at 1080 on my Ultra and it defaulted to max settings with Ray Tracing on. I hardly play any above 1440.

ive seen some usa guys here doing a comparison boost vs infinite, even with the highest option you can do much lol, while it does run better of course, max settings comfortably isnt for this shadow gen