Question

Discord overlay

• 22 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a question, is there anyway to make it so that the discord overlay opens on shadow?

I like playing party games with my friends (like among us or jackbox) and i’m always in a call on my actual PC, i would rather use the discord overlay to be able to see who is talking, so that i don’t have to alt+tab out of shadow to see who joined, and other discord notifications. I’ve only got 1 monitor so i can’t open discord on another screen, so i wonder if there’s a way to open the discord overlay so that it would appear on the shadow program (meaning not the actual games i’m playing on shadow).

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Have you tried installing discord on your shadow and letting it run the overlay there, but just stay connected to the voice channel from outside shadow?

Badge

Have you tried installing discord on your shadow and letting it run the overlay there, but just stay connected to the voice channel from outside shadow?

That does appear to work for the notifications, and being able to see who joined and left the call, but since i’m connected to the call from my PC, i can’t see who is talking in the call. Plus, i would have to join the call on my shadow first, and then rejoin on my main PC while still connected to the call on shadow, tricking discord into still showing me the overlay and showing if people join or leave.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I would suggest either routing your microphone to your shadow and doing discord 100% on the shadow, or asking discord to fix the way connecting to the call from two different computers works.