Games with Issues Identified on Shadow

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi #TeamShadow, 

We’ve just introduced a cool new Help Center article, which will keep you regularly updated regarding any games with issues identified on Shadow.

Go to article: Games with Issues Identified on Shadow

26 replies

Userlevel 2

RDR2 should be added to this list, thanks!

Userlevel 2

Hi #TeamShadow, 

We’ve just introduced a cool new Help Center article, which will keep you regularly updated regarding any games with issues identified on Shadow.

Go to article: Games with Issues Identified on Shadow

Hi Luc,

Are you guys aware of the issue with RDR2? it seems to be affecting every shadow user trying to play the game.

Userlevel 1

RDR2 should be added to this list, thanks!

Exactly right. This must be added to the list. It does nothing but crash.

Userlevel 1

Might only be temp, but seems like the New Halo Infinite Multiplayer does not work on Shadow. I’ve tried through steam, and the game doesn’t open (not a steam issue). Other’s with similar issues - see thread here:

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Can you sticky this thread? That would be helpful :sweat_smile:

Badge +1

It is actual possible to play Red Dead online with shadow cloud PC? This question is very important to me.

No worries. It runs now. :)

Badge

@Vinnyboiler @CerberusZero Link has been updated.  We recently made some changes so the links got moved.  There is a dedicated Games Issue tab within the article now linked.

May I ask why this list is not made more prominent? I think it's very important to be made aware if games are not compatible with your service, especially as there is no trial period and a long waiting time.

Userlevel 2

Hey guys, a guy on Steam found a temporary fix forRDR2's main menu crash, albeit only for story mode.

you should check it out because in my case it worked and i played the game a few hours today without any issues.

Steam thread (fix is on page 38 or so):  https://steamcommunity.com/app/1174180/discussions/0/2785991200452218401/

Reddit thread with same instructions, but a bit better explained: https://www.reddit.com/r/PCRedDead/comments/ibke1q/fixing_startup_crashes_caused_by_28_july_update/

Hope it works for you guys as well and hopefully R* releases an update soon. On the meantime try this workaround!

Hey! ive noticed some problems with the game Rust as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you sticky this thread? That would be helpful :sweat_smile:

We’ll see what we can do about this :smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey! ive noticed some problems with the game Rust as well!

Thanks for the heads up!

Badge

@LucFromShadow 

If the list of games that cannot play on Shadow goes up this needs to be more prominent as you are selling Shadow as a full gaming PC. You do not say anywhere that is easy to find that some games do not work. 

Also on your “Games with Issues Identified on Shadow” it would be good to add some dates on when the request was made to said developers and updates on contact with them.

"Shadow is a full-featured cloud PC with dedicated storage that you can access from any device at any time. Bring your own games, progress, and achievements from your favorite libraries, or install new ones. Our datacenters are always up to date, so you can focus on gaming.”

Badge

Yo I’d recommend putting Minecraft PVP clients on the list

such as Badlion client and Lunar client.

Userlevel 4

Sorry. I am confused. Red Dead Online is my favourite game so far. My shadow account should be activated this month. The only reason for migrating to Shadow was playing Red Dead Online in better quality. The shadow website tells me: “Problem is fixed. It works with the newest version and the December update.”

R* Support tells me: “It is not supported. We do not support VM environments at all.”

It is actual possible to play Red Dead online with shadow cloud PC? This question is very important to me.

With all best wishes

Hey.  I’m having issues with Wolcen.  The cursor constantly jumps around the screen and this game, far more than any other, I have to restarting streaming all the time, especially on busy fights.  I’ve asked around and checked my windows enhanced pointer settings, and that’s turned off.  I’ve also tried all windowing/fullscreen options and nothing seems to help.

Userlevel 4

No worries. It runs now. :)

Thank you so much.

Hello there,

I’m trying to play Days Gone but the game stuck on the loading screen.

Is someone got success running it ? :grin:

Please add Halo Infinite to the list

Hello there,

I’m trying to play Days Gone but the game stuck on the loading screen.

Is someone got success running it ? :grin:

Sorry! It works fine the first loading is just quite long!

Just want to add that Red Dead Redemption 2 crashes as soon as you try to enter story mode, or online or even the settings. Rockstar says it’s a Shadow issue. I sure hope a Shadow dev can acknowledge this because there seems to be some buck-passing going on.

Userlevel 2

Just want to add that Red Dead Redemption 2 crashes as soon as you try to enter story mode, or online or even the settings. Rockstar says it’s a Shadow issue. I sure hope a Shadow dev can acknowledge this because there seems to be some buck-passing going on.

Damn, R* sure cracks me up. They have acknowledge the issue is on their side to me and several others via tickets. Furthermore, it’s not only Shadow users having this issue. You can check the big steam forums threads.

I’m bloody tired of them dropping the ball and blaming others, making you jump through a million hoops just to put you in contact with someone who should be able to help, but instead just says that they are “working on it” and that we need to sit tight.

I’m bloody tired of them dropping the ball and blaming others, making you jump through a million hoops just to put you in contact with someone who should be able to help, but instead just says that they are “working on it” and that we need to sit tight.

Do you know a single person with Shadow that can play RDR2? The fact that Rockstar came out and said they do not support Shadow should be enough for a Shadow dev to begin an investigation into this as they have with the list of games above. The more people looking into it, the better. Yeah it sucks that Rockstar doesn’t care enough about Shadow to look into it, but a Shadow dev should care enough to open an investigation.

Userlevel 2

Do you know a single person with Shadow that can play RDR2? The fact that Rockstar came out and said they do not support Shadow should be enough for a Shadow dev to begin an investigation into this as they have with the list of games above. The more people looking into it, the better. Yeah it sucks that Rockstar doesn’t care enough about Shadow to look into it, but a Shadow dev should care enough to open an investigation.

No one with Shadow con play, no. But given that we all have pretty much the same machine it’s not so far fetched that R* broke something on the last update that it crashing with something on each of our PCs. The fact that people outaide of Shadow are having the same issue is enough to belive that it is not something exclusive to Shadow.

If someone from the dev team here gets to work on this sure, the more the merrier. But what could Blade do when it is something on Rockstar’s software?

Also, did R* told you they don’t support Shadow? This seems strange given that it was working before the update. It looks probably like a ruse to remove the focus from them.

Badge

@LucFromShadow 

Hey Luc the link to the article on the first post goes to a 404. Thought I should piont that out.

Badge

@LucFromShadow

If the list of games that cannot play on Shadow goes up this needs to be more prominent as you are selling Shadow as a full gaming PC. You do not say anywhere that is easy to find that some games do not work. 

Also on your “Games with Issues Identified on Shadow” it would be good to add some dates on when the request was made to said developers and updates on contact with them.

"Shadow is a full-featured cloud PC with dedicated storage that you can access from any device at any time. Bring your own games, progress, and achievements from your favorite libraries, or install new ones. Our datacenters are always up to date, so you can focus on gaming.”

@LucFromShadow 

Hey Luc the link to the article on the first post goes to a 404. Thought I should piont that out.

I still think this list needs to be more prominent but at the moment the list has a 404 like Vinnyboiler said. Maybe shadow has removed it on purpose 🤔