Solved

Matching shadows res and fps with games.

• 27 February 2021
  • 1 reply

If I have the in game res to 1080p and 140fps but I’m running shadow stream at 720/60fps will I benefit at all in competitive games from having it higher than the stream quality? Should I just run my games at 60fps and 720p to match the stream? 

icon

Best answer by Thortok2000 28 February 2021, 17:11

The resolution of your host device will have practically zero effect on your competitiveness because the host device is doing barely any computational work at all and won’t slow down any input or output in any discernable way at all.

The resolution of your Shadow could theoretically affect your competitiveness but part of the point of Shadow is that it’s high-end enough that you can go ahead and use max settings and still get good framerates.

However, it IS a waste for Shadow to generate more frames or a higher res than your host device can actually handle.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

The resolution of your host device will have practically zero effect on your competitiveness because the host device is doing barely any computational work at all and won’t slow down any input or output in any discernable way at all.

The resolution of your Shadow could theoretically affect your competitiveness but part of the point of Shadow is that it’s high-end enough that you can go ahead and use max settings and still get good framerates.

However, it IS a waste for Shadow to generate more frames or a higher res than your host device can actually handle.