Solved

Modern Warfare on Shadow

Badge +1

Is anyone playing Modern Warfare on Shadow? How are you finding it? Sometimes it feels like I’m 1 second behind everyone else, but as the saying goes, “A bad workman always blames his tools”. I get about a 30ms ping reported by the Shadow client and usually have 40mbps+ bandwidth. 

icon

Best answer by Sepy 27 May 2020, 20:13

Hello, I have been playing Modern Warfare since the game was released, I do find some times I’m “behind” in game play, most of the time it plays fine and will win most gunfights, i play with about 30 ms of latency, I would say there is just a learning curve and you’ll adapt over time, I find i have modified my play style to compensate for the tiny delay.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Badge

I have played it using shadow and had no issues. I am pretty close to a data center though, so might be your connection to that which is introducing the delay. Maybe try testing other games and seeing if you are getting the same delay. That would at least give you a feel for it its your connection to shadow, or shadow to the MW game servers.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi there.

I've tried to play Modern Warfare multiple times on Shadow, but it fails everytime.
The game hangs everytime at the loading screen, my activision account is linked with my blizzard account.

I don't know what the issue is, but i don't mind.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Completely ok for me. Trouble fault your own peripherals perhaps?

Badge

I have been playing MW (Multiplayer & Warzone) on Shadow for the past 4 months (on the NY server). I have lags once in a while, but most of the time it runs smoothly.

I have been playing with friends as well and they could hear me well.

Badge

Hi,

Modern Warfare work very normally here

Did you’ve this problem only on this game / did you try other games with Online multiplayer on Shadow?

Badge

Hey Simmo!

I’ve been playing Modern Warfare for about 1 week, via MacBook Pro. Only played 1 week because of the portability that Shadow PC has provided. In terms of delay, I do notice a little bit of latency here and there but that’s one of the things you kind of have to expect when it comes to cloud/virtual computers. But other than that, the latency occurring here and there does not really affect gameplay.

Badge +1

Hi,

Modern Warfare work very normally here

Did you’ve this problem only on this game / did you try other games with Online multiplayer on Shadow?

It works well, launches well and runs smoothly, just seems like any delays are enough to make the difference. When I see a replay of people shooting me, I feel like I see myself from their point of view before I saw them. 

I’m probably just too old and slow for the game 🤣

Badge +1

I have been playing with friends as well and they could hear me well.

Yeah, voice comms work surprisingly well :-)

Badge +1

I've tried to play Modern Warfare multiple times on Shadow, but it fails everytime.
The game hangs everytime at the loading screen

Strange! Maybe graphics driver issue? I installed the nvidia drivers myself and that got the game launching well. Since then I have let Shadow manage the drivers and it’s worked fine. 

Badge

Hi there.

The game hangs everytime at the loading screen, my activision account is linked with my blizzard account.

I don't know what the issue is, but i don't mind.

I assume you have verified your game cache and checked for errors? Could be some files that didn’t install correctly.

In case not, you go to the battle.net app, select the game, then in the top left of the game area, there is a drop down for “Options”. Near the bottom of the is “Scan and Repair”. That might help fix any issues you are having.

If you have already checked the files, it might be a connection issue caused by the windows default firewall not allowing the game to talk to the game server...

Badge

Hello, I have been playing Modern Warfare since the game was released, I do find some times I’m “behind” in game play, most of the time it plays fine and will win most gunfights, i play with about 30 ms of latency, I would say there is just a learning curve and you’ll adapt over time, I find i have modified my play style to compensate for the tiny delay.

Badge +1

Thanks - I think that matches my experience exactly :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

MW on Shadow has had its ups and downs, at times it would just die and not run at all and after a few resets, it’ll work like nothing happened. Currently MW is running at 90FPS+ for me while using all Ultra Graphics and Ray Tracing. So far, after my older issues, I haven’t had a problem.