Question

Mouse and keyboard games on IPadOS

• 7 September 2020
  • 9 replies

I mainly play games with WASD movement and mouse guided aim / camera. This works great from MacOS or Windows, but not as much for iPadOS. When I use a USB hub for USB keyboard, mouse, and headset, the mouse sensitivity is so high the games are unplayable. The other peripherals work seamlessly. Is there a setting either for the iPad app or within Windows on my Shadow which might help for this?

9 replies

To further clarify, the mouse movements drive my cursor in iOS without seeming to send anything into the shadow environment until / unless I hold down one of the mouse buttons. While the button is held down, games react to movement with absurdly high sensitivity. I think my mouse is driving the cursor in the iPadOS context, but the movements are not being sent to Shadow’s Windows context until / unless a button is clicked. I’ve looked through settings both for the Shadow app and for iPadOS, and I’m not seeing a way to change this behavior.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Which mouse, ipados and shadow client are you using?

if your mouse doesnt have on device dpi toggles, you are on ios 13.7 and app store client then you have the possibility the launch the shadow control overlay which allows you to change the mouse sensitivity.

Windows settings also has an option which is hidden away(just search for mouse settings)  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Same issue - I believe its because iOS or ipadOS cannot lock full screen so the mouse simply moves the ipad cursor and not the actual windows cursor. I was trying to play Modern Warface on my iPad pro with no luck!! 

Hopefully this gets fixed in an upcoming build. For now….its either point and click games or using a controller. :(

Yeah, I’m seeing this same behavior with the Magic Keyboard connected to an iPad, the cursor is just not locked. Is there a TestFlight with an iOS 14 SDK supported build available to sign up for?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yeah, I’m seeing this same behavior with the Magic Keyboard connected to an iPad, the cursor is just not locked. Is there a TestFlight with an iOS 14 SDK supported build available to sign up for?

There is….but this feature is not included. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Let’s try to get more detail about the issue!

In order for our mods and community to provide you with quick and quality assistance, please copy & paste the template below in your original post and provide the necessary information.

+++

• Application type (Windows/Mac/Mobile/etc.)

• Shadow Client Version (Official/Beta/Alpha)

• Local device CPU

• Local device GPU

• Datacenter location (check status.shadow.tech)

• Connection speed (Datacenter speed tests EU: Paris | AMS or US: CA | TX |CH | NY)

• Description of issue

Other:

• Date when the problem appeared.

• Did you take any action(s) which could have created this problem? If so, what?

• Do you recall any action(s) you took after it happened?

• Do you use a VPN and/or antivirus?

• Please provide a screenshot of your shadow stats (Alt+Win+O). Also make sure it captures a timeframe when the issue has happened.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • IpadOS

• Official and Beta

• 2019 iPad Pro 11”

• New York

• 200Mbs

• To play FPS mouse will not lock...so the cursor moves instead of being mouse look @Gelgoog  

can some one pleas help with this i really need awsers for this, i have bought a keyboard and mouse that's blue tooth but it doesn't register in shadow and its just point and click.

i would like to invest more money into this program but i cannont game with out a mouse and keyboard. 

can some one that knows how to fix this issue get back to us?

• IpadOS

• Official and Beta

• 2019 iPad Pro 11”

• New York

• 200Mbs

• To play FPS mouse will not lock...so the cursor moves instead of being mouse look @Gelgoog  

i to am having the same issue on my iphone i really would like to see this resolved