Origin Now Blocks Shadow From Logging Into Their Service

• 10 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge

Great, another company blocking shadow. Just what we need. I got in contact with a EA agent and they said they consider shadow a VPN so now it’s blocked from logging in to their service. I don’t understand why shadow is being targeted… First Rockstar now Origin. I guess no Watch Dogs: Legion on shadow now...

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Noticed the same thing. Shadow, can you work with these publishers on a way to stop cheaters but not ban the entire service? Both parties lose business.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

If you are having this problem, please call out the data center your Shadow VM is located in, and indicate if it’s intermittent or constant.

I’ve had no issues with EA Origin / Desktop from the Santa Clara data center when using Shadow.

I have had intermittent problems with these from my local computer (outside of Shadow) over the last week, from Comcast in Utah.

Badge

If you are having this problem, please call out the data center your Shadow VM is located in, and indicate if it’s intermittent or constant.

I’ve had no issues with EA Origin / Desktop from the Santa Clara data center when using Shadow.

I have had intermittent problems with these from my local computer (outside of Shadow) over the last week, from Comcast in Utah.

I believe origin has blocked the ip range shadow has with my specific data center (Chicago) because I cannot login with multiple different shadow ips.

Badge

Great, another company blocking shadow. Just what we need. I got in contact with a EA agent and they said they consider shadow a VPN so now it’s blocked from logging in to their service. I don’t understand why shadow is being targeted… First Rockstar now Origin. I guess no Watch Dogs: Legion on shadow now...

I also got Origin mixed up with Ubisoft, my bad.

Badge

Noticed the same thing. Shadow, can you work with these publishers on a way to stop cheaters but not ban the entire service? Both parties lose business.

I totally agree with you, I actually suggested to shadow that they add an optional addon that would give us a dedicated ip rather than a shared one.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I totally agree with you, I actually suggested to shadow that they add an optional addon that would give us a dedicated ip rather than a shared one.

They’d need to add an upcharge (similar to additional storage) in order to implement dedicated public IPs, but the idea sounds reasonable.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Data Center: Chicago

Platform: Android 10 / Windows 10

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

This topic is a new thread of  Origin Issues and has been closed. If you would like to pick up your conversations on this topic please do so in that thread.