Solved

PS4 DualShock gyros on iOS

• 30 May 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge

I have been able to connect a PS4 Dualshock controller to Shadow on iOS. Shadow reports recognizing it as a PlayStation 4 V2 controller. When I try to use it with Windows, Windows insists its an Xbox controller, which is mostly fine, except the gyros don’t work. I can play Overwatch with it normally except for the gyro control, which helps me aim. installing DS4Windows, which claims to support the gyros, doesn’t help.

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Gaijin 4 June 2020, 21:13

reWASD apparently added gyro emulation:

https://www.rewasd.com/blog/post/how-to-remap-gyro-and-set-up-gyro-aiming

i haven’t tried it yet myself but I can test it out this weekend. 

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Well windows doesn't officially “support” PS4 controllers, are you sure everything within DS4Windows was set up correctly? 

Badge

Well windows doesn't officially “support” PS4 controllers, are you sure everything within DS4Windows was set up correctly? 

As near as I can tell, everything is set up as per instructions. I installed the DS4Windows driver, but the controller doesn’t show up in it. It seems like DS4Windows can’t see the gamepad as either a DualShock or an Xbox controller. 

Maybe I should invest in a Xbox controller with sixaxis gyros, if that’s a thing. I’ve never owned an Xbox.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

No idea, but searching up might do.

Badge

Found the answer on the official PlayStation website - the motion sensors don’t work when the controller is paired with an iDevice. Tomorrow I’ll see how it works with a MacBook - I suspect I will get better results. And Xbox controllers don’t have motion sensors at the moment.

Ah, well, good information to have.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

reWASD apparently added gyro emulation:

https://www.rewasd.com/blog/post/how-to-remap-gyro-and-set-up-gyro-aiming

i haven’t tried it yet myself but I can test it out this weekend. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

tried the gyro emulation. didnt work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

tried the gyro emulation. didnt work.

Unfortunate :( 

Badge

We are suffering the same problem 9 months later after your post...