Solved

Shadow and MMO's

Just wondering if anybody else has this problem. I play Final Fantasy XIV and WOW from my laptop, but I often get large lag spikes while playing. It can be an empty zone with nobody around, and I can lower my bandwidth and still get it. Does anybody else get this, and if so, how do you solve it.

icon

Best answer by Shug 1 June 2020, 15:06

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Just wondering if anybody else has this problem. I play Final Fantasy XIV and WOW from my laptop, but I often get large lag spikes while playing. It can be an empty zone with nobody around, and I can lower my bandwidth and still get it. Does anybody else get this, and if so, how do you solve it.

Just MNO or all games?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

What kind of lag spike exactly? In-game? Or the Shadow stream? 

Shadow stream. When I do the bandwidth test I get around 50 ping, 130 mbs download, and 40 upload.

Just MNO or all games?

All games. It’s the stream that spikes, it will go from a steady 50-55 and spike all the way up to 200 +, then drop right back to 50.

Userlevel 1
Badge

That does sound rather like a problem with your internet connection than with Shadow itself.

Crap, I was afraid of that. I guess I can lower my bandwidth down to 5 and go up in incraments of 5 until it gets unstable again, just wanted to see if it was just me or other people had the same problem. I have good ping from my house to the shadow DC, and good ping from the DC to my games DC.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Crap, I was afraid of that. I guess I can lower my bandwidth down to 5 and go up in incraments of 5 until it gets unstable again, just wanted to see if it was just me or other people had the same problem. I have good ping from my house to the shadow DC, and good ping from the DC to my games DC.

This would be helpful, and do the issues still happen at 5 bandwidth? Also how are you connected to your router? 

I found that it is pretty good up until 20, 25 the ping starts jumping. And it’s a wireless connection on the 5mghz signal. I also have it set for relatable instead of speed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I found that it is pretty good up until 20, 25 the ping starts jumping. And it’s a wireless connection on the 5mghz signal. I also have it set for relatable instead of speed.

If possible, try using ethernet to see if that allows you to run at a higher bandwidth. Wifi can contribute to many problems.