shadow, not just for gaming

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Just a quick check to see how many of us are using shadow for things other than gaming and what they are???

42 replies

Badge

I use shadow to casually game but my main usage is for Cinema 4D and 3ds max and Photoshop.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I’m a freelance videographer so I’m going to be using it for a bit of both. The upload speeds are around 100 which is higher than my connection at home and cheaper through getting the ShadowPC so it makes sense to use it for my videography work and a bit of gaming.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I use it to support my job in marketing. I use it for fairly resource-heavy applications and it's nice to be able to not use all the resources of my work laptop.

Badge +2

Education as well

Badge

I use shadow as my e everyday computer. I use it for everything... 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I can spend weeks living out of a hotel for work and Shadow is awesome for using gigabit internet while on crappy hotel wifi.

Badge

Photography and rendering.

Badge

Great way for editing or rendering.

Badge

I mostly use my shadow for gaming but, since I’m a linux user, I sometimes use it for compatibility purposes: edit a poorly formatted office file, convert an audio file from a proprietary voice recorder’s format, etc. It’s faster than launching a virtual machine.

Badge

I use Shadow for rendering animations in Blender and also uploading them to YouTube. It’s like have two computers on the same screen, especially with Dropbox. I can save a Blender file, swipe to Shadow, hit render, then swipe right back and get on with making more content rather than have to sit and wait while my local machine renders!

Also once the render is done, Shadow’s insane internet speed gets everything (usually about 5 to 7 Gigs) uploaded to YouTube about 5 times faster than my local connection!

Also doing plenty of gaming :]

Badge

Everyday computer.
I work from home and Shadow is my main machine.

I only use my laptop on the side when having conference calls (Zoom, WebEx, etc)

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

It essentially replaced my university desktop after the lockdown .

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

the internet speed

Badge

rendering and video editing 4k video

Badge +1

I mostly do gaming, however I have been using Shadow for programming game mods, particularly for games my normal PC would have trouble running at good frames.

Badge

These days, I am using it a lot for videoediting in DaVinci Resolve 16.  My MacBook can run it and it is slightly more color accurate, but I am using it for the upload speed - 10x faster upload makes a difference for the quick turnaround I am required to do for work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I use Shadow for a lot of Browsing. As to not eat up local resources of my machine)

Hello people

Badge +1

I used my shadow to work in my podcast projects with Adobe Audition.

Badge

When I don’t use it for gaming I use it for access to PC computer for programs that cannot me emulated or run on mac.

Badge

Using it for stuff such as Autocad, which doesn’t really run well on my brick of a PC.

Shadow is a blessing. :heart:

Video Editing when not gaming.

Badge

I know my brother-in-law started using it for his job as an architect.  He couldn’t bring his work computer home, so he’s using Shadow.

Badge

Just a quick check to see how many of us are using shadow for things other than gaming and what they are???

Making music, doing some multitasking which needs more then 4 tabs of chrome lmaoo.

Also just basic browsing, loading up shadow is in my routine now

Userlevel 1
Badge

Used Shadow mostly for everything since my PC can’t do most of that. Livestreams, Video editing, and homework! lol