Solved

Upgraded storage ETA?

• 30 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Just got Shadow, upgraded to the second tier as well as upgraded to 1.5 terabytes for my D drive. I am currently only seeing my two 256 gigs, (OS and D Drive). I am currently unpacking and in the process of installing games. 

I was curious on when the storage upgrade will be available in my shadow? It’s been roughly 2-3 hours. I have rebooted the Shadow box. 

Not a HUGE thing currently, but just like to know when? 

Thank you for your time and I AM SO damn happy I got my Shadow!

icon

Best answer by eightydee 31 January 2021, 03:31

View original

4 replies

I’m in the same boat, although I only upgraded a few minutes ago.

Here it says it takes 2 hours, so you did get it installed since then, right?  How long did it take?

I’m in the same boat, although I only upgraded a few minutes ago.

Here it says it takes 2 hours, so you did get it installed since then, right?  How long did it take?

It took about 2-3 ish hours. PLUS a full shut down of the Server itself. Than reboot and the added storage should be there. If not, wait a little bit longer, full shutdown (cause you don’t play swapsies with hard drives when they are being used, correct?) 

I (beeping) love Shadow…. Saved me so much money and headaches. One thing, which I’m sure it’s around here somewhere, I was curious about the connection between Xbox One controller (newer one) and bluetooth. The device I am running Shadow on mainly does have BT, reconizes it but it does not carry onto the Shadow server so Shadow doesn’t know it’s a bluetooth device. I found a page where someone talked about direct connection almost to the Shadow server but I cannot recall it. 

I cannot also use the Xbox Game Bar, even ran manually in game. I would like to use the screenshot/record button on my controller or even see what’s going on in Xbox world but Game Bar pressed via middle button or started manually, will not show up. 

Honestly, besides the BT connection and GameBar issue with Xbox One (newer) controller, I believe those are just on the todo list. I believe I can create a macro with my mouse or keyboard to achieve such results. 

Wish I could macro the Xbox One screenshot/record button for something else (off topic)

The latest desktop beta added support for the new PS5 and Xbox controllers on PC, but if I were you I would just wait for it to be added to the stable build; switching to and from beta and alpha clients actually makes major changes to your OS, which is risky.

In theory you should be able to switch to and from stable/beta/alpha, but I’ve had my whole Shadow OS get corrupted (or something) and had to do a factory reset when I switched to the alpha VR build to try it on my Quest 2, then signed into Shadow on my PC with the stable client.  I doubt VR will go stable any time soon so maybe it’s worth it to try it early, but other features aren’t so far out that I’d say it’s worth going beta just to get it a little early.

Yea, I have both Beta and Stable installed. I just stick to stable. 

My Shadow Config