What Games Do We Officially Support?

Show first post

60 replies

Star Citizen

Hi. Are you using Boost ? I am getting max 28 fps ( I don’t know if it is related to the game (or server side) performance or CPU and RAM are bottlenecks. 

Games I play are a mixture but all settings are on Ultra high:

• Space Engineers
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2
  • CIV VI
  • The Division 2
  • Kerbal Space Program (plus note I’m hyped for KSP2)
Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Microsoft flight simulator  👌

Badge

Loving my Shadow so far I have played 

• Surviving Mars
  • Minecraft
  • Diablo 3
  • GTA V
  • RDR2
  • Starcraft 2 
  • Cities Skylines
  • Nascar Heat 4
  • The Golf Club 2019
  • American Truck Simulator

I am sure I have missed a few 

Badge

Latency for me hasn't been too bad here or there I get input lag but I can play FPS fine and be competitive. SC is laggy to begin with are you meaning latency is bad with star citizen or and FPS in general?

Hi Max. It’s just my anecdotal experience. In my case, I’m 300+ miles away from the Santa Clara data center and running Star Citizen on Shadow Boost over a 100mbps Spectrum connection. For me the stream sometimes freezes for 10-15 seconds. Star Citizen is definitely not optimized and the game lags even when played locally.  I’m sure it’s not related to SC or Shadow’s hardware.  What I’m experiencing is most likely the result of latency caused by video data propagating over long distances. Undoubtedly, experiences will differ for those who are located much closer to their data centers.

I’m sure the Shadow devs have large datasets that break down the averages based on hardware, OS, distance to server, internet service provider, etc. With so many variables outside of their control I’m very impressed with the teams ability to provide such a quality service. However, until technology catches up (can’t wait to see how much 5G can improve my ping rate) I’ll just have to settle for non-competitive game play or pick up and move closer to the data center. :)

Badge

NO MANS SKY - All settings at Ultra !

Quake Champions

and I have set my shadow bandwidth i to 10Mbs

Badge

No problems with:

• Civ V
  • Wreckfest
  • Blood Bowl 2
  • Star Citizen
  • World of Warships
Badge

I have been using Shadow for a while now and enjoyed 

•  Elite Dangerous
  •  Transport Fever
  •  They are Billions
  •  Oxygen not included.  (runs very well in comparison to on my local PC with the amount of plumbing and wiring)

Its also nice to be able to switch and swap from my steam catalogue due to the fast download speed

Badge

Final Fantasy XIV works amazingly well for raiding. Input and movement lag is minimal and not even noticable in most cases.

Badge

I've been testing some of the more buggy and intensive games I own on Shadow, and they run great. Cranked all of the Bethesda Fallout Games up to high or ultra, and was able to play lag free for the most part, all lag and frame jumping I have is from my computer which turned 8 or so this year, with it's rickety old Mobo and processor (i5 2300 3.10 GHz 6M, set in an old ASUS Mobo) it just doesn't take kindly to speedy demands despite my best efforts

However, using shadow for Android on my phone, I get 💯 lag free picture, every time. As for crashes, I've had very few, and each of the Fallout games is running a massive amount of mods and graphical improvements such as 4k texture packs and script extensions. Even so shadow delivers a buttery smooth picture and virtually lag free input environment. Even with it's much newer than the rest of the rig 1050ti handling all the graphical work, I can't possibly get this smooth an experience on my home PC, even at medium or low graphics. The Motherboard and CPU just can't keep up with the demand it puts on them, but Shadow does it, no questions, while streaming all the way from IL to MN.

A word of caution, I have noticed that the Shadow PC itself can sometimes experience network pings over 30ms, which introduces jumpy visuals and audio even though my ping to the shadow is under 25ms, I'm not sure why the Machine is having a harder time providing a low latency connection on Gigabit internet, butif you're having issues like that, it may well be an issue for you as well. 

Badge

I've, also, been playing Star Citizen on Shadow.

Tips:

#1 - If you're getting an installer error from the launcher during download/install you'll want to install the game in a directory outside of the “Program Files” folder. Alternatively, you can create a virtual hard disk and install the game there.

#2 - Unless you are located very close to the Shadow server array, it's probably best to avoid game interactions  like fps and dogfighting. This goes for any game mechanics that requires near zero lag. At least until technology catches up and destroys the nightmare that is latency.

Latency for me hasn't been too bad here or there I get input lag but I can play FPS fine and be competitive. SC is laggy to begin with are you meaning latency is bad with star citizen or and FPS in general?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

As an addition, I had great experiences so far on my Boost with:

• Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
  • Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
  • TrackMania² Stadium
  • Call of Duty 2
Badge

I've, also, been playing Star Citizen on Shadow.

Tips:

#1 - If you're getting an installer error from the launcher during download/install you'll want to install the game in a directory outside of the “Program Files” folder. Alternatively, you can create a virtual hard disk and install the game there.

#2 - Unless you are located very close to the Shadow server array, it's probably best to avoid game interactions  like fps and dogfighting. This goes for any game mechanics that requires near zero lag. At least until technology catches up and destroys the nightmare that is latency.

Badge +1

All of the games I have attempted to play have worked flawlessly (I have Boost btw). Here are some of them that haven’t been mentioned yet:

• Minecraft (Even Modded MC with over 200 mods runs with consistent 60+ FPS with OptiFine)
  • Borderlands 2
  • Call of Duty: World at War
  • Dead by Daylight
  • Skyrim Special Edition
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Payday 2
Badge +1

Boost:

COD WW2 - pretty much maxed at 60fps

Halflife 2 - maxed

Starcraft 2 - maxed

Age of Empire Definitive Edition - maxed

Assasins Creed Origins - maxed 60fps

Basically anything I have asked it to play it will play.

Badge

Star Citizen

Userlevel 1
Badge

I feel like the games you can't play on Shadow, like Valorant would be a much shorter list, but here's what I've played.

Rocket League

SUPERHOT VR (Oculus Quest + Virtual Desktop)

The Lab

Grand Theft Auto V

Badge

Also, Valorant is a no-go right now (not due to Shadow, but Riot Games).

Badge

Minecraft with shaders works fine for me, using Boost. Depending on the mods I'm sure it could get a bit laggy if they are super extensive.

Badge

Games that have worked for me so far:

rise of nations

streets of rage 4

mechwarrior 5

ori will of wisps

stellaris

civ 5

deep rock galactic

minecraft dungeons

Badge

AC:3 Remastered is not compatible tho.

@Iamf7o I do run it at ultra, because after doing some experimenting I was never able to get 60fps no matter what settings.  Ultra I get around 35-40fps, and on lower settings I was getting a max of like 40-43.  I’m guessing its CPU bottlenecked and thats why the changed settings makes such a minimal impact. 

I don’t really have any lag in my games unless I’m playing on wifi.  In my experience shadow 100% needs to be used on a wired connection for quality play.  

Badge

I haven't managed to get the GOG launcher to work it throws an error and works on my plain laptop just not on . But other than that all the launchers seem to work and I haven't found a game that doesn't work yet.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Conor  what are your setting for RDR2 ? Are you running it ultra ? I am on shadow boost (quadro p5000) and I was wondering if the little lag I see is because I overall don't have a smooth experience with Shadow on other games (like warzone) or if it's because of the game settings

Badge

I’ve been playing Escape From Tarkov and it plays very well