Solved

Xbox overlay??

• 27 May 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge

Will the overlay ever come? What are your thoughts everyone??

icon

Best answer by Ryan 7 July 2020, 17:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Badge

I’m speaking of like when you press the Xbox guide button in the middle of the controller this cool overlay pops up while playing a game or not so you could see your friends list and chat or see your achievements..

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I don’t think so, there are a few different possible reasons, the main one being, it could possibly interfere with the streaming process (Shadow doesn’t even want you to have Geforce Experience installed for recording games.). I don’t know the other official reasons behind why we can’t actually use the Xbox Guide, what do you think? I believe that in time we may see some way to use it. Maybe it’s just Windows not allowing us to use it because Shadow is a Virtual Machine.

Badge

There has to be a way. Steam’s overlay works just fine. Hmmmmmm..

Userlevel 1
Badge

I mean, you can use the Xbox overlay just fine with Shadow (it at least works for me using the stable client), but everything you save using it will somehow end up on your local machine instead of shadow. I don’t know why that is.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

i don’t think it will i heard it mismatch with shadow’s streaming service (or something like that i dont remember)

Userlevel 2
Badge

I mean, you can use the Xbox overlay just fine with Shadow (it at least works for me using the stable client), but everything you save using it will somehow end up on your local machine instead of shadow. I don’t know why that is.

That's because it actually uses the overlay on your local machine rather than shadow itself..  if your on a non widows 10 device it doesn't work as it's blocked on your actual shadow for reasons that the Devs seem to not feel like sharing apparently...

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey Maximus21jr, thanks for prompting a great discussion. I’ll be closing this thread due to inactivty, and in general we don’t have any updates or details about the Xbox overlay on Shadow