Question

Motion sickness in vr

• 5 February 2021
  • 4 replies

When using the Shadow Alpha app my head feels like its gonna fall off, for my controllers there's no lag in vr but I get this feeling that my head is so behind my movements and I don’t know if its a already apparent issue or if there's a way to fix it.

4 replies

Hi

I have same problem. I looking forward on fix this. Because after this repair will ShadowVR finally playable for me.

Others stuff like delay, input lag and  quality picture are good. 

Martin Czech rep. 

Hi

I have same problem. I looking forward on fix this. Because after this repair will ShadowVR finally playable for me.

Others stuff like delay, input lag and  quality picture are good. 

Martin Czech rep. 

When I use virtual desktop it seems to be fixed except for a few bugs but that's mainly my end

If they ever add in the ability to choose Oculus’s API instead of Steam VR’s, it might enable streaming using Oculus’s magical “Asynchronous Space Warp 2”, instead of Valve’s inferior “Motion Smoothing”, which to my understanding is just their take on Oculus’s previous ATW, so it’s already two generations behind in terms of VR motion interpretation technology.

Although IDK what would have to be done on the headset’s side to get that working, with the Quest.  I don’t think even Link uses ASW, only ATW.

You just can’t beat John Carmack’s software engineering.

Ever notice how good Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal run?  I have to believe John had SOMETHING to do with that ABSOLUTE witchcraft.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Supera04 

When asking for help please follow the following template so others can help you.

Copy and paste the template below and fill it out in your post:

• Describe the bug (required)

• Provide a detailed description of the bug

• Include screenshots if possible

• Describe the bug behavior VS. the expected behavior (what should happen if working properly)

• Steps to reproduce the bug (required)

• Provide explicit step-by-step actions to re-create the bug.

• Example:

• 1. Start Shadow

• 2. Plug in headset XXX

• 2. Open the Quick Menu and go to Microphone tab

• 3. Try to forward the headset’s mic

• After these steps, does the bug occur 100% of the time? Or sometimes?

• Application/device, official or beta, and version number (required)

• Example: Windows official Launcher v4.14.19 Client v3.2.17

• Additional Context

• Provide any additional information here

• Include relevant logs, DxDiag or specs of your computer, connection speedtest results, additional screenshots or video, etc.

• The approximate date/time that you first started to notice the bug

• Any other relevant info that could be useful

-Gelgoog