Solved

MS Flight Sim 2020 on Shadow in VR on Quest 2 - Device not recognised

• 21 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

After taking the plunge, I’ve been attempting to run MS Flight sim 2020 in VR mode on my new Shadow Boost. I’m preparing to run it pretty basic, however after some good experience playing on my creaking home PC I thought why not.

I’m having a few issues. Namely, MSFS2020 isn’t recognising my device. Other games work, SteamVR is showing that my Quest 2 is displaying on my Shadow machine and HL Alex runs well. However, the Oculus software on my shadow service isn’t picking it up and MSFS2020 shows a ‘no headset is detected’ when trying to start the game in VR mode.

It feels like I’m nearly there, I know others have seemingly got tis working so wondering if it’s a bug exclusive to me or if I’m just doing something silly. Thoughts welcome on this one, it’s driving me crazy!   

icon

Best answer by BotBot 24 February 2021, 15:42

Hi,
on my side I am using virtual desktop and I have been able to launch MSFS2020 on my shadow from my PC, my iPad and even my iPhone and “enjoy” the game on my quest 2 (from iOS device, with a dualshock connected in bluetooth, I still have some issue of display)
on the other hand, I have a lot of issue with oculus Link

so, if you didn’t before, give a try to virtual desktop, it’s worth every penny

View original

3 replies

Hi,
on my side I am using virtual desktop and I have been able to launch MSFS2020 on my shadow from my PC, my iPad and even my iPhone and “enjoy” the game on my quest 2 (from iOS device, with a dualshock connected in bluetooth, I still have some issue of display)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! Does the Quest 2 auto-detect when you play MSFS2020? Do you have the steam version? Have you don’t any other form of setup work to get the Quest2 recognised on your shadow PC?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! Does the Quest 2 auto-detect when you play MSFS2020? Do you have the steam version? Have you don’t any other form of setup work to get the Quest2 recognised on your shadow PC?

yes, I have the steam version
I am used to just start the game via the desktop shortcut, (so I don’t start via Steam VR)
once the game has started, I launch VD on my quest2 (VD is started on my shadow also and both my PC hosting the shadow application and my Quest 2 are on the same wifi 5GHz network)

and then, I used the keyboard to switch MFS2020 in VR (this is Ctrl+Alt if I remember well)

I have also used the Link cable (not the official one, a Anker cable USB-C to USB-A purchased on Amazon) but I am facing regular disconnection this way.
Nevertheless, the quest2 is well recognized in shadow as long as you remember to map the USB in the configuration menu of the shadow (and you have to map also your HOTAS if you have one)