Solved

shadow vr

• 5 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

is there any video of shadow vr of how it work becuse i am getting shadow for my oculus quest 2

icon

Best answer by FattyBones 7 May 2021, 04:27

View original

3 replies

Only virtual desktop as airlink only uses local connections. Virtual desktop uses steam VR's engine so normally you would be limited to steam VR however there is a plugin that lets you play occulus games.

https://forum.shadow.tech/vr-reporting-feature-requests-53/instead-of-steamvr-the-official-oculus-app-for-pc-1920

Badge

I think shadow intentionally takes down videos that people post in the forums because of the alpha nature of the app. It is rapidly changing and I think they want to protect people from preconceived notions of how it works. That being said, this app is in alpha, meaning you probably shouldn't rely on it for a good gaming experience as it has and will continue to have known bugs that may interrupt your gameplay. If you're looking for a more stable experience, you should check out virtual desktop for now.

Would air link work or only virtual desktop and would I be able to run any non steam vr games on the oculus 

I think shadow intentionally takes down videos that people post in the forums because of the alpha nature of the app. It is rapidly changing and I think they want to protect people from preconceived notions of how it works. That being said, this app is in alpha, meaning you probably shouldn't rely on it for a good gaming experience as it has and will continue to have known bugs that may interrupt your gameplay. If you're looking for a more stable experience, you should check out virtual desktop for now.