Question

Shadow VR App "Starting VR Streaming" Problem

• 25 July 2021
  • 6 replies

I have used the app before on my Oculus Quest 2, and it worked just fine the first time I used it, but now the Shadow VR app will not work. I press the start button and it gets stuck on “Starting VR Streaming”. I can run it in 2D and it runs ASAP, but I can’t run the VR streaming. I don’t have the money to get Virtual Desktop, and Oculus Air Link, and using a USB-A to USB-C doesn’t work. If you know a fix to this problem, please let me know.

6 replies

Glad it's not just me...I just got mine set up today and I was really excited only to let it hand at this screen. Fortunately I did buy Virtual Desktop so I'm gonna go that route but either way this needs to be fixed.

Same here, have been waiting for months to get on to my shadow it finally arrived and this app just won't work.... Freezing on "starting VR streaming" if I need to I will buy virtual desktop but seems like a waste of money.... Please can someone advise on a solution???

Hey I wanted to follow up. I did get it working but it's not working well tbh. I think what I did was load shadow on another device, (being my PC) and let it do it's updates. After I did that the app ended up loading the VR mode (though it was VERY stuttery, so I kept using VD) also noticed each time you go back and forth from app to PC program it has to change versions from beta to "official" not sure why that's the case but hopefully this can help you.

Hi Vurlix,

Thank you for the info, I have downloaded VD and can access shadow but when I try to launch half life alyx (just bought for this very reason) I get an error message, I believe steamvr can't see my Oculus quest 2.. can you point me in the right direction please?

I have used the app before on my Oculus Quest 2, and it worked just fine the first time I used it, but now the Shadow VR app will not work. I press the start button and it gets stuck on “Starting VR Streaming”. I can run it in 2D and it runs ASAP, but I can’t run the VR streaming. I don’t have the money to get Virtual Desktop, and Oculus Air Link, and using a USB-A to USB-C doesn’t work. If you know a fix to this problem, please let me know.

yeah same the shadow app does not work. This solution has worked for myself.  https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/mx7f16/use_airlink_on_shadow/

Everyone whos having this issue there is a great guide to using airlink and shadow! its worked great for me I recommend you implement the instructions under the “To decrease latency try this” section

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/mx7f16/use_airlink_on_shadow/