Solved

shadow VR timeout

• 29 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

Will the hypervisor still shut shadow down after 30 minutes if I am using the shadow VR app? I feel like this is one of the, if not the most important part of the shadow VR experience 

icon

Best answer by Thortok2000 29 October 2020, 13:43

No, the Shadow VR app counts as a shadow client and reads input from your quest as input that will keep the connection alive. No more mouse in the pocket.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

No, the Shadow VR app counts as a shadow client and reads input from your quest as input that will keep the connection alive. No more mouse in the pocket.

But will the timeout also be fixed for users with Virtual Desktop? since the timeout is set to 30 min months ago this is really a pain. there was said months ago that there was been worked on a fix, have this fix ever seen the light ? 

But will the timeout also be fixed for users with Virtual Desktop? since the timeout is set to 30 min months ago this is really a pain. there was said months ago that there was been worked on a fix, have this fix ever seen the light ? 

There is a fix that has been implemented in the latest alpha. I´ve not gone back to stable since. It works a treat :wink:

There is a fix that has been implemented in the latest alpha. I´ve not gone back to stable since. It works a treat :wink:

Alpha of what? Shadow? He was asking about time outs with Virtual Desktop.