Solved

ShadowVr Approval Code required

• 18 November 2020
  • 2 replies

I installed ShadowVR to my Quest.  After logging in, the ShadowVR is asking me for an approval code.  I have not been able to find any documentation in any Forum posts about an approval code and I have no idea where I would find it.  Nothing has come into my email (even checked spam folder).  Can someone tell me where I am supposed to find this approval code?

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Raph from Shadow 18 November 2020, 18:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey,

just like for the other shadow apps, everytime you try to log in from a new device you will receive an identification PIN on your account’s email to whitelist this new device and make sure you are not being hacked.

If you have ever used Shadow on another device you should have gone through this process already.

UPDATE!   I HAVE NOW RECEIVED AN AUTHORIZATION CODE EMAIL!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I have been using shadow for a long time. This is not about shadow this is about shadow VR. I have never received any approval code during any steps of setting up shadow. This is my second shadow PC that I've had as well. I use it all the time for my quest using virtual desktop and from my home laptop. This request for an approval code is brand new and has only happened to me while trying to run Shadow VR. I never received an email with any approval code. 

There was nothing in the shadow VR documentation that mentions approval codes. I was hoping somebody had gone through this and knew what exactly to enter in that exact prompt for an approval code.

No no answer yet but I really appreciate your response and for your effort and time to try to help.

Stan