Sticky Interview

💼The Shadow VR Alpha Team

• 26 October 2020
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

This is a place where all team members can introduce themselves. Please feel free to drop a line about yourself. We’d love to know who  is working on this Alpha with us 😊

Here is a help to get your introduction started

🧬The Format:

Name:

Gamer Handle / Nickname:

First Game ever played:

Game with the most hours played:

Has a Shadow since:

I’m using VR to/for:

I’m excited about a Shadow VR because:

20 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Raphaël Malavieille / Product Manager

Gamer Handle: MasterSwipe

First Game ever played: Probably Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles on NES

Game with the most hours played: League of Legends (that was 10 years ago though)

Has a Shadow since: november 2017

I’m using VR for work mostly at the moment as I don’t have that much time to play :)

I’m excited about Shadow on Oculus Quest because it will make PCVR so much more affordable and hasslefree. With more people accessing it, studios & publishers will eventually have more interest in developing amazing games because there will be a larger population to play them. I would be very sad if the future of VR was bottlenecked by the processing capacity of local headsets while all that cloud power is there to be harnessed.

Userlevel 1

Stephen Pivonet / Developer

Gamer Handle: Babz7

First Game ever played: Golden Axe on Mega Drive 

Game with the most hours played: Rainbow Six Siege

Has a Shadow since: January 2018

I’m using VR for video games :grin:

I’m excited about Shadow on Oculus Quest because it will bring the power of a Desktop inside a standalone headset and so, allowing people to play Oculus Rift library’s games on a $399 VR headset!

Userlevel 1

Timothée Tallon / VR developer

Gamer Handle: Steakdown

First Game ever played: Adibou :)

Game with the most hours played: Skyrim

Has a Shadow since: march 2018

I’m using VR for: mostly work on the Oculus Quest app, but I enjoy playing Beat Saber, and I loooved Half-Life Alyx

I’m excited about a Shadow VR because: I think it’s perfect to combine the computing power of a Shadow PC with the simplicity of use of the Oculus Quest !

Userlevel 1

Paul Ragot / Developper

Gamer Handle : Paul_#8874

First Game ever played: Rayman & Pokémon on my GameBoy Color

Game with the most hours played: Minecraft

Has a Shadow since: December 2018

I’m using VR to play Beat Saber and Super Hot

I’m excited about ShadowVR because I can play wireless all PC VR games without a high end VR headset

Userlevel 1

Pierre Karin / Release Manager

Steam: 76561198109323589

First Game ever played: Battle City on NES

Game with the most hours played: Counter-Strike GO

Has a Shadow since: November 2019

I’m using VR for video games!

I’m excited about Shadow VR because: no renewal process for headset gear!

Userlevel 1

Gaëtan Fily / Baby Release Manager
Gamer Handle / EtPandaCeTempslà
Nickname / MonsieurNoGo

First game I’ve played is Tekken 3 on Playstation.

The game with the more hours spend is certainly Lol.

I’m in Shadow since January 2019.

I don’t used VR since a long time. But I will asap. I’m a new guy on this project. I’m excited about VR because it’s a cool techno blablabla. But honestly, I’m more exited to work on a new project with the guys who showed up above. New way to work, New techno (I will suffer), new team, new challenges. All is cool in this project. 

Userlevel 1

Name:  Patrick H

Gamer Handle / Nickname:  Bravo_Two

First Game ever played:  I guess it was probably Pitfall on the Atari 2600

Game with the most hours played:  Counter-Strike Series (over 7,500 hours combined)

Has a Shadow since:  Oct 26, 2020 (FNG Status)

I’m using VR to/for:  My company develops a VR sales/design platform, but games are also cool.

I’m excited about a Shadow VR because:  ShadowVR may offer our customers a lower barrier of entry to the VR experience.

Userlevel 1

Ethan Yochim

Gamer handle: Spicyebob

First game I ever played: First one I remember was Portal 2 on PC

Game with the most hours: Destiny 2, with easily over 1,000 hours combined

Has a Shadow since: Oct. 29, 2020 (I may be new, but I’m stoked to be able to help bug test)

I’m using VR to/for: I love to explore the opportunities presented with the use of VR, whether it’s for design and creativity, or for good old fashioned gaming

I’m excited about Shadow VR because: Shadow VR is a very welcome opportunity for those, like myself, who don’t necessarily have the funds nor hardware to afford high end VR gaming and products, so having a streaming service that can provide that is a welcome change.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Name: Thortok

Gamer Handle / Nickname: … Thortok2000

First Game ever played: Pong. Yeah, I’m that old. I also remember space invaders, Donkey Kong, Mario Bros (not Super Mario Bros, just Mario Bros). Not sure which of those truly came first for me, they were all around the same time.

Game with the most hours played: I have no earthly idea. I’ll say the Zelda series cause it’s my favorite.

Has a Shadow since: February 17, 2019

I’m using VR to/for: Traveling to another world

I’m excited about a Shadow VR because: Everything. Getting PC-quality VR from a gaming computer without having to spend a ton of money on a gaming computer. I’ve already played through Half-Life: Alyx and cannot recommend the game enough.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Name: Bender

Gamer Handle / Nickname: Tofuninja5489

First Game ever played: Super Mario Bros back when we first got an NES in the 90s.

Game with the most hours played: Not sure. I have games of various triple digit numbers. I would have to say I enjoy single player adventures and platformers the most. The Mega Man series (or at least my favorite ones) have been replayed countless times through the decades.

Has a Shadow since: Oct 2020

I’m using VR to/for: Gaming. VR experiences unlike anything else like Tempest in The Under Presents.

I’m excited about a Shadow VR because: Tetherless gaming. I got my Shadow to play things wirelessly on my shadow via Virtual Desktop and that has been working pretty well. But hoping a Shadow made app brings it even closer to PCVR levels that I may ditch the wire completely for the games I want to really want to take advantage of the visuals of the headset.

Userlevel 1

Name: Josh

Gamer Handle / Nickname: hokedad / imjoh1

First Game ever played: Probably asteroids on an Atari 2600

Game with the most hours played:  In recent history Dead & Buried II two is the title that has me coming back for more.

Has a Shadow since:  Dec 2019

I’m using VR to/for: Gaming and 3D movies

I’m excited about a Shadow VR because: To ability to access a cloud gaming PC with nothing but a headset and a good network connection means that I can have easy access to PCVR without the hassle of maintaining my own gaming hardware.

Name: Klep

Gamer Handle / Nickname: klepto

First Game ever played: Midnight Mutants on Atari 7800

Game with the most hours played:  The legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild

Has a Shadow since:  May 2020

I’m using VR to/for: Gaming 

I’m excited about a Shadow VR because: being able to play PCVR wirelessly on the oculus Quest is the reason I subscribed to shadow. Being able to connect directly from the headset skipping virtual desktop and pc connecting step would be super convenient. Awesome even if this will shave some millisecond of latency.

Name: Denzel

Gamer Handle / Nickname: Comp_Jock

First Game ever played: Pong on my Dad’s pong console (early 70’s)

Game with the most hours played: World of Warcraft!

Has a Shadow since: Oct 2020

I’m using VR to/for: Gaming! Purchased my Rift S and my wife loved it too! When quest came out we got one for her and have introduced all my friends to the Quest /Quest 2 so now we get together online and hang out playing Star Trek and other games.

I’m excited about a Shadow VR because: I’m a pc gamer and been building gaming rigs since the 90’s, I specifically wanted to play with Shadow and Shadow VR and assess for myself. I would love to tell my friends that roll there eyes at the cost of a gaming rig, that for the cost of Netflix they could have a gaming pc! I believe the founders and developer of Shadow VR have a great solution for bringing the games that only a PC can deliver to folks that would otherwise never get the experience in the world of VR. My friends that have never owned a gaming pc bought the Quest and Shadow VR would expand and improve the quality of that experience!

Badge

Name: Vincent Church

Gamer Handle / Nickname: Vinnyboiler

First Game ever played: Super Mario All-Stars (SNES)

Game with the most hours played: Garry’s Mod (Play Time: 1,437.2 Hours)

Has a Shadow since: 1st October 2018

I’m using VR to/for: Experimental Gameplay/Experiences.

I’m excited about a Shadow VR because: Shadow has fantastic streaming tech and VR and Shadow is just a match made in heaven.

Name: Glenn Leysen

Gamer Handle / Nickname: Nydssa

First Game ever played: Duck Hunt

Game with the most hours played: COD MW2/Rocket League

Has a Shadow since:October 2020

I’m using VR to/for: Play Games

I’m excited about a Shadow VR because: Untethered VR Gaming without even the need to own a gaming rig.

Name: Paolo Patrassi

Gamer Handle / Nickname: PaoloLast

First Game ever played: Magical Tree, Antartic Adventures or Yie Ar Kung-Fu.

Game with the most hours played: Ultima Online

Has a Shadow since: June 2018

I’m using VR to/for: Gaming

I’m excited about a Shadow VR because: I think is the beginning of a revolution, the future will be VR and i want to be a pioneer, and nowdays is already amazing playing in VR.

Name: Adrien Joly

Gamer Handle / Nickname: adrienjoly

First Game ever played: Probably “The Adventures of Captain Comic

Game with the most hours played: Probably “Final Fantasy VII”

Has a Shadow since: ~ September 2020

I’m using VR to/for: playing games, relaxing, fitness

I’m excited about a Shadow VR because: Virtual Desktop recently stopped working from my Shadow PC, for some reason. Also, I’d like to make it more simple / seemless to play PCVR games from my Quest.

Name:  Peter M

Gamer Handle / Nickname: VRPete

First Game ever played: Frak - BBC Micro, followed by Chuckie Egg

Game with the most hours played: Witcher 3 an embarrassing but enjoyable number of days…. 

Has a Shadow since: June 2019

I’m using VR to/for: Develop commercial software in UNITY, WebVR and UNREAL

I’m excited about a Shadow VR because: I enjoy VR, used to build my own headsets - pre Oculus - and with 5G, latency will no longer be the perceived issue it is today.  Using Shadow this way keeps us ahead of the game 

Name: Michael

Gamer Handle / Nickname: doublefrag

First Game ever played: Space Invaders (Atari 2600) 

Game with the most hours played: Elite Dangerous (VR & PC), Cyberpunk with Shadow

Has a Shadow since: April 2020

I’m using VR to/for: Gaming (for now with the Quest2 & Valve Index)

I’m excited about a Shadow VR because: I run a mini-PC in our living room that hangs behind my television. In addition, I use e.g. Shadow. Expanding this with VR gaming would be great! 

Name:David

Gamer Handle / Nickname:rustyross101

First Game ever played:Crash Bandicoot

Game with the most hours played:CSS

Has a Shadow since:2020

I’m using VR to/for:running PCVR games via virtual desktop on my phone. Using Vorpx to play Cyberpunk and other non vr games.

I’m excited about a Shadow VR because: I realize that real world AR and VR systems are big and bulky from onboard hardware. It's obvious that cloud computing will bridge the gap. I find myself here after going down a rabbithole on AR and VR. Would love to come up with some ideas and brush up against some other great minds 🤙