Small review of the alpha shadow VR version (tested on Quest 2)
Positive points :
- Quick start
- Total absence of artifacts & compression (compared to Virtual Desktop)
- Lag nonexistent
- Steam and Oculus compatible games \O/
Negative points :
- Oculus Touch buttons not detected
-> Impossible then to set steamVR or its games to see how far you can push the image quality.
- It's not your head that makes the camera turn (like any VR experience) but the right-handed joystick.
- No desktop return possible (but here it is perhaps a choice of Shadow to simplify everything as much as possible)
Points to check :
- Can we play games that are not steam compatible but added to steam?
For alpha, an incredible experience, my wallet thanks you (I had initially planned to buy a pc dedicated to VR).
Honestly the lag and compression were a pain on VD and you were able to erase it directly from the alpha, it's phew !
Good job to the developers, count on me to try this software at the next changelog
Sorry for my poor English ;)