01/19 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

01/19 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

Show first post

139 replies

Hi, I ordered from Chicago servers January 11,2021. It says activation date is January 21, 2021. Is this still gonna be activated on this date or will there be given another date of expectation?

so have i, im hoping we wont have to wait until next week and we will get it on the 21st like what was promised.

I ordered January 5th, and it said available on the 21st. But doesn’t look like they are doing any activations this week in the Chicago Datacenter. 

honestly think its bullshit that they have specific dates almost s if they are promising that we will get it that day but then they are just like “lol, yeah no. wait an extra month.”.

Hi, I ordered from Chicago servers January 11,2021. It says activation date is January 21, 2021. Is this still gonna be activated on this date or will there be given another date of expectation?

so have i, im hoping we wont have to wait until next week and we will get it on the 21st like what was promised.

I ordered January 5th, and it said available on the 21st. But doesn’t look like they are doing any activations this week in the Chicago Datacenter. 

Userlevel 1

Ordered Shadow than ordered a Raspberry Pi and just finished it up today, Activation scheduled for tomorrow. Super bummed to see “no activations” this week. As well as the Chicago servers still degraded performance. 

I also tried Luna, Stadia and GeForce ONE but this one is the one that I am MOST excited for. Like the love that I just can’t seem to ever have… Tragic. 

agreed. Was super stoked to actually have a high end pc i could play multiple games i own such as dragon ball fighterz, hades, minecraft, overwatch, etc etc. Hopefully there’s no more postpones

Ordered Shadow than ordered a Raspberry Pi and just finished it up today, Activation scheduled for tomorrow. Super bummed to see “no activations” this week. As well as the Chicago servers still degraded performance. 

I also tried Luna, Stadia and GeForce ONE but this one is the one that I am MOST excited for. Like the love that I just can’t seem to ever have… Tragic. 

I ordered the same day and I’m in Minnesota so Chicago servers as well and I am too was curious. However, I’ve been watching the servers and the Chicago one hasn’t changed since I ordered. Just know, you’re not alone. Bought a Ras Pi and just finished it up this morning just for Shadow. 

Userlevel 1

Please hire more people. I ordered my shadow nearly 3 months ago and I was really hyped to get my shadow pc this week. Unfortunately no activations this week for amsterdam servers:rolling_eyes:

😔

Yeah right , I ordered my shadow on 5th October suppoust to be activated by End of December we almost got End of January and still nothing … Pathetic 

Userlevel 1

ik right, im not gonna cancel it, but if they dont give my activation this week im going to tweet out how bad shadow is

Im trying this with the german shadow on twitter… they absolutely dont care.

Userlevel 2

Of course Amsterdam has “no activations this week”. Cyberpunk 2077 again? Okay then. A real honest question: If you keep delaying new shadows because of “peak usage” in specific data centers (mine included)… won’t this affect my own shadow, when it’s finally activated?

Arhhh so I have to wait till August...that's kind off long might aswell give me the tools I'll go Paris and do it.

Userlevel 3

Please hire more people. I ordered my shadow nearly 3 months ago and I was really hyped to get my shadow pc this week. Unfortunately no activations this week for amsterdam servers:rolling_eyes:

yeah, same, I’m also waiting on Amsterdam activation...

Why is there no activation this week for Amsterdam?

i ordered January 10th and it claims i will be getting it on the 21st, will i get it on the 21st or will i have to wait until next week?

Userlevel 1

You know what's funny? My shadow was activated last year. I am asked several times now, if I would recommend shadow to my friends. By all honesty what do you think I say? Yes shadow is nice and I am glad i ordered it last year. But would you recommend anything with a waiting time around 6 Months? You from Shadow have already a terrible reputation in gaming magazines and online test because of the waiting times and your incredible lack of information. Don't get me wrong, i really like your product and I hope shadow will be on top with cloud gaming. I have an amazing gaming experience, even with vr games like half life alyx. But you should stop telling people empty hang on phrases and start tell them how you will improve. And yes I know with covid everything is difficult but that can not be an excuse for everything. That critic aside I wish all of you the best and stay healthy. 

I might just cancel because i have waited awile, and I hear that people have wated up to three or four months.My shadow isnt set to be ready for two or three months, there should be some sort of extra payment you can make to get your ready sooner.I would pay up to 18$ to have mine ready by February,4.

TEXAS:

Activations this week:

None*

If pre-order date is between December 31st - January 8th:

Activation by middle of January 2021

Next week is the end of January, we are already almost a week past the middle of the month…

Struggling to understand what justifies an 8 month delay for orders in Paris DC. It really is frustrating when other data centres have a lead time of a few weeks. I’m trying to remain patient but apparently my order won’t be ready until July. This kinda feels like backing a product on kickstarter rather than an existing product from an established company. 

A lot of you are complaining about the wait time; let me tell you it’s well worth the wait! I have had Shadow before and the activation would take about an hour, but now I have to wait 3 months for my virtual machine (New York Datacenter); it just goes to show the high amount of requests they have now. I am assuming because of COVID? Everyone is home and wants to game, but can’t afford to spend $2,000 on a gaming PC. I fully understand why there is wait, Shadow is perfect. Cheap and super reliable! I remember sitting in class, and being able to play Total War during those boring lectures. It’s crazy, all you need is internet connection and you have access to play your favorite games. I ordered in December and not due for activation until March; it’s a long wait, but I know it’s well worth it. Thank you Shadow for your services. I wish we could pay like an extra fee to speed up the wait que, but I could see how that would push other people further back as those than can afford it, will keep jumping the line.

yeah i liked it when i had it but i had to stop paying for it because of covid couldn't keep on paying for it and now i lost everything and have to start over but yes i do agree its great they just need to speed up this process by a lot 

Bruh, i ordered my shadow from texas cause im in Georgia and it said mid of January, it is the mid of january but now they say no because of more people r using it. Shadow team, if ur reading this, i will take out my order if you guys dont activate my account by wednesday

same here i ordered mine January 8th I've been waiting about 11 days so far 

Hi, I ordered from the Paris data center,

Do I really have to wait for  August 30th for Activation

So I have to wait 7 months 

You Know, I ordered september 7th and I still wait…. Good luck ! 

A lot of you are complaining about the wait time; let me tell you it’s well worth the wait! I have had Shadow before and the activation would take about an hour, but now I have to wait 3 months for my virtual machine (New York Datacenter); it just goes to show the high amount of requests they have now. I am assuming because of COVID? Everyone is home and wants to game, but can’t afford to spend $2,000 on a gaming PC. I fully understand why there is wait, Shadow is perfect. Cheap and super reliable! I remember sitting in class, and being able to play Total War during those boring lectures. It’s crazy, all you need is internet connection and you have access to play your favorite games. I ordered in December and not due for activation until March; it’s a long wait, but I know it’s well worth it. Thank you Shadow for your services. I wish we could pay like an extra fee to speed up the wait que, but I could see how that would push other people further back as those than can afford it, will keep jumping the line.

Hi, I ordered from the Paris data center,

Do I really have to wait for  August 30th for Activation

So I have to wait 7 months 

@DsVoid As mentioned above, I do not have any information for specific Shadow activations.   However, from the information I have, you should receive your Shadow before the end of January.

From some of the people that I have seen throughout the forums some wait years or months before getting their code can you tell us that those are accidental extremes 

I don't want to cancel my pre order and I do applaud you and the company for having a forum where customers can give their grievances ( unlike other game streaming services ) but I do have to worry when there is hardly any information about what I'm looking for activation wise and when said activation will be besides extremely vague statements as "the end of January" when the previous statement was "the mid of January" 

I understand it ain't possible for you to know when exactly a person's account will be good to go but it's also beating on us who are excited to get our systems and that excitement slowly forms into worry and annoyance of light information to help us.

@DsVoid As mentioned above, I do not have any information for specific Shadow activations.   However, from the information I have, you should receive your Shadow before the end of January.