02/08 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 8 February 2021
  • 46 replies
02/08 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this week’s activation update!  

🥖 Tu es francophone ? Consulte la partie “PARIS” pour obtenir des infos sur les activations. ⚠ Les commentaires se font uniquement en anglais.

🇩🇪 Du bist deutschsprachig? Informationen über Aktivierungen für Deutschland findest du im Abschnitt "Amsterdam". ⚠ Bitte kommentiere hier nur auf Englisch.

This week’s activations are rolling along at a steady pace across all datacenters. We do not have activations scheduled in the AMS datacenter this week as the team is currently assessing stability.

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Shadow! While you wait for activation, we hope you take a moment to browse the forum to see what else the community is buzzing about. A good place to start is always with introducing yourself to #TeamShadow :)

As a reminder:

-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

January 21st - February 1st

If pre-order date is February 1st or later:

Activation by end of February 2021

TEXAS:

Activations this week:

January 31st - February 7th

If pre-order date is February 7th or later:

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

December 19th - December 28th

If pre-order date is between December 28th - January 11th:

Activation by end of March 2021

If pre-order date is between January 11th - February 2nd:

Activation by end of April 2021

If pre-order date is February 2nd or later:

Activation by end of May 2021

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

January 13th - January 18th

If pre-order date is between January 18th - January 27th:

If pre-order date is January 27th or later:

*Users whose orders may be delayed should have received an email.

PARIS:

Traduction française

Activations cette semaine :

10 septembre - 19 septembre

Date de précommande comprise entre 19 septembre - 22 octobre :

Activation prévue d’ici fin mars 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 22 octobre - 2 novembre:

Activation prévue d’ici fin avril 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 2 novembre - 17 novembre:

Activation prévue d’ici fin mai 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 17 novembre - 21 décembre:

Activation prévue d’ici fin juin 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 21 décembre - 8 janvier:

Activation prévue d’ici fin juillet 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 8 janvier - 18 janvier :

Activation prévue d’ici fin août 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 18 janvier - 2 février :

Activation prévue d’ici fin septembre 2021

Date de précommande à partir du 2 février :

Activation prévue d’ici fin octobre 2021

English Translation

Activations this week:

September 10th - September 19th

If pre-order date is between September 19th - October 22nd:

If pre-order date is between October 22nd - November 2nd:

If pre-order date is between November 2nd - November 17th:

If pre-order date is between November 17th - December 21st:

Activation by end of June 2021

If pre-order date is between December 21st - January 8th:

Activation by end of July 2021

If pre-order date is between January 8th - January 18th:

Activation by end of August 2021

If pre-order date is between January 18th - February 2nd:

Activation by end of September 2021

If pre-order date is February 2nd or later:

Activation by end of October 2021

AMSTERDAM:

Deutsche Übersetzung

Aktivierungen diese Woche:

Keine (Alle geplanten Vorbestellungen wurden aktiviert und die geplanten Aktivierungen liegen weiterhin im Zeitplan)*

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 16. Oktober - 02. November:

Freischaltung ab Mitte Februar 2021

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 02. November - 19. November:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Februar 2021 

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 19. November - 10. Dezember:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende März 2021 

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 10. Dezember - 21. Dezember:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende April 2021 

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 21. Dezember - 6. Januar:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Mai 2021 

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 6. Januar - 18. Januar:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Juni 2021 

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 18. Januar - 1 Februar:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Juli 2021 

Vorbestelldatum ist der 18. Januar oder später:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende August 2021 

*Unser Team war in der Lage neue User zu aktivieren obwohl dies nicht vorgesehen war. Des Weiteren beobachten wir weiterhin die Stabilität des Rechenzentrums bevor wir die nächste Welle an Aktivierungen vornehmen können oder nicht.

English Translation

Activations this week:

None (All expected pre-orders have been fulfilled and planned activations are still on schedule)*

If pre-order date is between October 16th - November 2nd:

Activation by mid February 2021

If pre-order date is between November 2nd - November 19th:

If pre-order date is between November 19th - December 10th:

If pre-order date is between December 10th - December 21st:

If pre-order date is between December 21st - January 6th:

If pre-order date is between January 6th - January 18th:

Activation by end of June 2021

If pre-order date is between January 18th - February 1st:

Activation by end of July 2021

If pre-order date is February 1st or later:

Activation by end of August 2021

*Our team was able to activate users even when no pre-orders were planned to be fulfilled.  However, we are still assessing the stability of the datacenter at this time before deciding whether or not to fully confirm the activations of the next batch of pre-orders.

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:

https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

46 replies

Userlevel 2

Again no Amsterdam :/

Userlevel 4

Week 4 without activations in AMS… You must think we are absolutely stupid, don’t you?

Userlevel 2

Still no activations in Amsterdam??? 🤬

What is wrong with that company, dont tell me it is worth to wait, i know that i had shadow before… but now its one month delayed…. and for hardware that is about 3years old…

Im glad to have GeForce Now…

This is really annoying 

Well, it is only clear there from mid-February onwards that there are no activations this week and that if you have to expand the data center to create a new server / PC it is not done that way.

Userlevel 2

Keep up the good work team, I'm sorry for all the criticism you face and I completely understand the situation you are in right now, I have absolute faith that you are all trying your best to get through these rough times with the global pandemic aswell as the gpu shortages and a massively high demand for your services because of that. Please don't take offence to some of the comments because I and many others appreciate the challenges you are facing right now and I'm more than happy to wait patiently for my shadow to be activated. You are doing a fantastic job working tirelessly throughout lockdown so please don't let anyone put you down, you can only do your best and what is humanly possible given the amount of staff and resources you have available, please don't feel rushed into activating as many people as possible in the shortest time frame, take each day as it comes and make sure the connection and stability is the #1 priority. God bless x

Best Regards 

Jake

Userlevel 1

Dear Shadow Team,

Please explain us customers the delay of 1 month in the AMS data center.

The statement "because of high peaks" is not sufficient.

As paying customers, we all have the right to know what exactly the problem is, how you plan to solve it and by when you plan to solve it. And you as a company, if you want to keep your customers, should provide the necessary information.

To me, there is no apparent justification for the severe delay.

What is the point of this post every week if you end up getting no further information from it?

Thank you and best regards

ur team was able to activate users even when no pre-orders were planned to be fulfilled.  However, we are still assessing the stability of the datacenter at this time before deciding whether or not to fully confirm the activations of the next batch of pre-orders.”

So now my preoder just got delayed by another month? WIthout any real explanation….at this point this doesnt even seem worth it anymore

Userlevel 1

Come on. It is not fair. 

Some randoms get Shadow, but the most of us have to wait week for week.

Tel me why some people get Shadow earlyier in AMS, but preorder later?

It is delyed for more than a month. 

Mabay I have to cancel my Order and buy a own PC.

Userlevel 2

just for your info:

Last week on thursday I got my Shadow activated in Amsterdam.
(ordered oct. 26th, 2019)

It also read “Activations this weeek: none” last week, but still I got activated.

So, I’m not sure, how correct these informations are.

(PS: It’s worth waiting for)

Userlevel 2

(ordered oct. 26th, 2019)

I meant 2020

Strange company concept .... Sell something that you don't even have …

I have a business idea for you guys. For only 500 euros a month I will lend you serwer hardware and will deliver it by the end of November 2031 at the latest.

Userlevel 1

THATS NOT FAIR! THE 4TH MONTH IN A ROW WITHOUT A ACTIVATION IN AMS! WE ARE PAYING AND THIS IS DISRESPECTFUL TO ALL CUSTOMERS WHO ORDERD IN OCTOBER AND DIDNT GET THEIR SHADOW AND EVERYTIME IF ANYONE ASKS IT IS “BECAUSE OF CYBERPUNK” ! WHAT CAN CYBERPUNK FOR THAT ITS A SIMPLE  EXCUSE WITH NO SENCE CAUSE YOU ARE TO SLOW ACTIVATING! AND NO GIFT FOR ALL CUSTOMERS WHO WAITED A MONTH LONGER THAN ANNOUNCET! YOU ARE SO RADICAL AND DISRESPECTFUL TO ALL PAYING GERMAN CUSTOMERS!

Userlevel 1

i might not even get to see my activation before i leave this earth. got cancer, and just wanted to be able to have that pc with me when in the hospital and all that. but nope, im not gonna see what the fuzz is about. not with this rate you are going in shadow tech. kind of bummed out about it, cause it was also meant for my son, when he is with me to the hospital. atleast give us some kind of hope for soon or something

Userlevel 1

All expected pre-orders have been fulfilled and planned activations are still on schedule??

What meaning this? My preorder was 2020-8-26 and my Shadow is not active...

Ik heb het op 18 November 2020 besteld ik wordt gewoon op 25 februari 2021 geactiveerd toch ? (Amsterdam)

zoals het er op staat!

zonder pc gaat mijn dagen niet!

Met vriendelijke groet,

Turgay Timur

(Google Translator)

1. Yes, but no news about Shadow Ultra.
2. I will not check every week that you have no new information about it.
3. Due to the current waiting time and the waiting time that is still to come, I also see outdated hardware.
4. Currently, the recruited service is not provided.
5. We are still waiting for the promised new information in early 2021.
6. Like me, many are waiting for a pre-order that was some time ago and that will not let any light shine at the end of the tunnel in the near future.
7. When delivery is finally made, an out of date and very delayed product is being delivered.

Unfortunately, they are slacking off a lot.
It just harms their businesses unnecessarily.
It was probably too good to be true with them.

Ideas for the solution =

1. 2. 5. Give existing customers more transparent information, because after such a waiting time it simply cannot be that there should be (no), no new information.
3.4. Perform the promised performance and upgrade if necessary. (3DMark proof)
6.7. Perform upgrade.

1. Ja aber keine News zu Shadow Ultra.
2. Ich werde auch nicht jede Woche nachsehen, dass sie wieder keine neuen Information dazu haben.
3. Aufgrund der aktuellen Wartezeit und der noch kommenden Wartezeit sehe ich auch bereist veraltete Hardware.
4. Aktuell wird auch nicht die angeworbene Leistung erbracht.
5. Auf versprochene neue Information Anfang 2021, warten wir auch immer noch.
6. Wie ich warten viele auf eine Vorbestellung die bereits einige Zeit zurückliegt und auch in naher Zukunft kein licht am Ende des Tunnels strahlen lässt. 
7. Wenn endlich geliefert wird, wird hier ein veraltetes und sehr stark verzögertes Produkt geliefert.

Sie lassen leider sehr stark nach.
Es schadet nur unnötig ihren Unternehmen.
Es war wohl doch zu schöne um wahr zu sein mit ihnen.

Ideen zur Lösung = 

1. 2. 5. Bestandskunden mehr transparente / Information geben, da es nach so einer Wartezeit einfach nicht sein kann das es (keine), noch keine neuen Informationen geben soll.
3.4. Versprochene Leistung erbringen und ggf. Upgrade durchführen. (3DMark Nachweis)
6.7. Upgrade durchführen.

Userlevel 1

All expected pre-orders have been fulfilled and planned activations are still on schedule??

What meaning this? My preorder was 2020-8-26 and my Shadow is not active...

yeah i dont get this one either. makes no sense

Userlevel 3

Lol, regarding the activations at the amsterdam data center it is written now:

Activations this week:

None (All expected pre-orders have been fulfilled and planned activations are still on schedule)

When I bought my shadow in october 2020 the term of activation was January 2021 and i didn’t get activated yet - so how can you be on schedule? at least be honest and write: “planned activations are on re-scheduled schedule” since you shifted my activation from Jan 2021 to Feb 2021.

Userlevel 1

AMSTERDAM:

Deutsche Übersetzung

Aktivierungen diese Woche:

Keine (Alle geplanten Vorbestellungen wurden aktiviert und die geplanten Aktivierungen liegen weiterhin im Zeitplan)*

WTF ????? My Order was planned to activate in January and is not Activates?!! 

Userlevel 1

I am sorry to hear about our friends in Amsterdam.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@uniqueusername From the information I have, all orders before October 16th have been activated.  If this is not the case for you, please reach out to our support team through your account page so they can look into this for you.

Badge

Any news about my October 2019 YES 2019 activation for Ultra will be completed?

Hello, I was wondering when my shadow desktop or whatever is going to be activated because I been waiting for awhile and I live in California so will it take long or what?

Userlevel 3

ok so since the activations are only from monday till thursday my shadow has and will not been activated this week either. its really annoying. i ordered it in october to play games during this corona-winter and now the activation gets postponed week after week. i dont need shadow in summer….

and i still don get why amsterdam is the only data center with huge problems right now. supply chains and cyberpunk dont count because they effect all data centers in the same way. and since the data center in paris is activating new accounts and its only 5,5 hours away from amsterdam, the reason for the screw up in amsterdam has to be shadow’s fault. this fact plus this miscommunication pisses me of.

Hello there,

so I just recently ordered my Shadow Boost for the data center in Amsterdam. Today I read the latest comments above to get a view on what’s the news.

I get really sad and angry by reading through those comments. Somehow a bunch of people just managed to be not aware of an ongoing global pandemic and what that possibly could mean for a service provider like Shadowtech. 

After a quick google search, I managed to found out, that the city Amsterdam is currently on a strict lockdown since months, with an seven day incidence of 141. There’s currently even an absolute lockdown for nighttimes. Package delivery providers and logistics world wide running at maximum capacity and reportedly are not able to keep up with the demand. Nvidia is running short on hardware delivery for all of their products since months too. And through this already challenging circumstances, Shadowtech receives upgoing numbers of orders world wide.

And yet, there are still people crying in CAPS about how bad the world is to them.

For everyone here still not knowing in what of a situation the world is recently, start researching, stop complaining to company’s surely trying their best to succeed through those times.

Dear Shadowtech, looking forward to my Shadow Boost, but don't hustle, I am patient.

Greetings from Germany.