News

05/24 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

05/24 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update
Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this belated week’s Shadow Boost activation update which will look quite different to what you are used to.

The reason why is that we currently paused all Shadow Boost activations due to the changes coming with our new leadership team.

What are we doing in the meantime? While we are still going through a reorganization process internally, we are also using this time to properly map out how and where to distribute Shadow going forward.

As soon as we have a clear plan in place, we will resume activations and expect a much faster pace than before thanks to our new partnership with OVH Cloud for Shadow hardware and data centers.

We will keep you updated!

💡 Your account page should be updated with similar information in due time.

This topic has been closed for comments

70 replies

Userlevel 2

Looking forward to seeing the plans for hardware upgrades :boom:

Userlevel 3

I canceled my pre-order. Not only is it unclear how long to wait, but also the price tag was raised by more than 2 times. My opinion is that the new management only negatively affects the service, and does not develop it!

Userlevel 2

I am generally not a fan of business speak especially on a forum. I would think that community based interactions would a be a little more I don’t know colloquial? This seems like an incredibly vague response to what is going on right now. It is expected that restructuring is an intensive process, but especially after a one day delay (originally supposed to be given Wednesday), that it is possible that there is way more to be done. This is all fine, but some very blatant transparency of ,“There is still a lot to be done and there will be no clear answers to your questions for a few weeks.” would be really appreciated. I would much rather have that then this “in due time” inconclusive phrases. Surprise us if it goes faster then that.

Userlevel 2

If it continues like this, I'll end up canceling my pre-order !

Userlevel 2

30 bucks now ? Think that defeats the purpose of what you guys should be trying to do… (OR NOT) Been using shadow for almost a year now and there's no way I'm going to be droping 30 on it every month. Horrible decision. People are using your service because they most likely cannot afford an expensive pc, should be focusing on making it widespread and keeping the prices lower. Your business partners are going to drive everybody away. 

I love Shadow and been extremely happy the time I've been with you guys. Idk just confused ig. Been on boost and honesty been waiting to upgrade to ultra but been waiting since I've gotten shadow 

I think you all are being far to critical of them. I mean, the price increases are understandable with out money/ profit. a business can not keep being a business. People kept complaining about the Boost Cpus and the hardware. well guess what? Those cost money Money that they did not have as they were loosing cash with every activation.  We were told this new price actually makes Shadow Sustainable to run and it would allow them to go back to their promise of having a system that never goes out of date.  Words of being able to have more datacenters to ensure better performance for clients and to support new regions if they wish. i think i even heard talk about having Resources work like additional storage.. mind this only what i think i understood from the last livestream. but these are some pretty big things. so it maybe a wait now. i have a feeling it will be worth the wait for those. and worth the cost for  those already activated.  

That being said Keep trying your best  Team Shadow.,  just know in the sea of negativity that is Reddit and at times comments there are still those who believe in you all while you figure out your new ground. 

I think, they wait until they know how many customers have canceled because of the new price. Then it will filled up with the remaining customers from the waiting list. 

Userlevel 3

I think, they wait until they know how many customers have canceled because of the new price. Then it will filled up with the remaining customers from the waiting list. 

They think wrong. For example, I made a pre-order for 7.99 euros, I can wait for activation, try for a month what and how it works, and then refuse to pay 30 euros.

They think wrong. For example, I made a pre-order for 7.99 euros, I can wait for activation, try for a month what and how it works, and then refuse to pay 30 euros.

It’s about the customer who already have access. Lots of them will cancel and than there are unused hardware. So it makes no sence to activate new hardware when a lot unused soon. I don't know what the quitting rate is, but it will be high. Many are disappointed.

So I signed up for shadow. boost or w/e and am willing to go to new thing but don’t want to lose my place in line or w/e. How do I go about handling that

Userlevel 1

I hope that they let those who paid the old prices get activation and then next billing have the option to stay or go.That would be the fair thing to do,plus the would get that money as well.

Userlevel 2

I’m confused 😕 I signed up for 15 EUR a month and now you’ve put your prices up to 30 EUR a month before you even deliver a product to me?

Userlevel 2

Okay some of these responses have nothing to do with activations. The question is the post below, “Will I be bumped to the new price if my activation comes after the price increase?” 

Go to the other thread if you want to complain about the price.

I hope that they let those who paid the old prices get activation and then next billing have the option to stay or go.That would be the fair thing to do,plus the would get that money as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Most of the responses are just disrepectful.

First of all, you all have to understand, shadow was about to go insolvent. That would have meaned no Shadow anymore for anyone. So they have decided to sell the Service to a other company. In the process they (the new owner) formed a new Team and are trying to work with what they have to make it, not only sustainable, but profitable for them.

I do not like, that they raised the Price by more than 200%, I Think it would have been better to set the pricetag at 20€ or 22€, but I Think they know what they need to do and they will see how high the demand is if they keep their Price up this high. Maybe the Price will Lower in a bit, Who knows.

But it is totally okay to hold activations in a time where they need to restructure a whole company they hadnt owned before. I dont Think we have to wait that Long for activations to start again. I too was waiting for the 31th This month but it is what it is.

So please, keep in your disrespectful messages and wait patiently like me and you were before.

Greetings

If I don't get my shadow 30th august  then . I'm done  this  is not good  waste of money and time taken on this cloud gaming adventure you were great but now you let yourself down shadow.

Userlevel 3
Badge

If I don't get my shadow 30th august  then . I'm done  this  is not good  waste of money and time taken on this cloud gaming adventure you were great but now you let yourself down shadow.

how entitled can you be? what time did you waste. you are just waiting while you can do anything else. and it is not a waste of money, no matter when you get it. you are not getting charged any money (besides the first one) and if you decide to cancel you get it back. stop being so entitled. -.-

how entitled can you be? what time did you waste. you are just waiting while you can do anything else. and it is not a waste of money, no matter when you get it. you are not getting charged any money (besides the first one) and if you decide to cancel you get it back. stop being so entitled. -.-

He is fully entitled, we are paying upfront for months. Do you know what it is this? Unprofessional

He is fully entitled, we are paying upfront for months. Do you know what it is this? Unprofessional

Also, the price doubled, this is worse than unprofessional, to be closer to scam

Userlevel 3
Badge

you are paying one month. and you can cancel everytime. it is just one fee in advance.

i too do not like the price increase. it even is more than double. also charging the same price in dollar, euro and pounds, that is a scam, yes. i dont want to utterly defend the company, But (here is the but) you need to give them time, the new management just took over. as i said, maybe prices are going down again in a bit, maybe not. but everyone will get their shadow. you payed for it. (ok if the go out of money, nobody gets it, but thats not the point)

you are paying one month. and you can cancel everytime. it is just one fee in advance.

i too do not like the price increase. it even is more than double. also charging the same price in dollar, euro and pounds, that is a scam, yes. i dont want to utterly defend the company, But (here is the but) you need to give them time, the new management just took over. as i said, maybe prices are going down again in a bit, maybe not. but everyone will get their shadow. you payed for it. (ok if the go out of money, nobody gets it, but thats not the point)

Pick 10 of your customers, promise them to deliver projects in months, get their money, wait one year and tell them: there is nothing for you, the price has doubled and we are not giving you any explanation.

Then tell us what they said to you

Userlevel 3
Badge

Pick 10 of your customers, promise them to deliver projects in months, get their money, wait one year and tell them: there is nothing for you, the price has doubled and we are not giving you any explanation.

You should definitely check your emails and the blognews if you say nobody has given any information. There is much Information around, they also made a whole Livestream, you just need to dig into it.

And your point is meaningless. You can cancel it anytime and get your in advance paid money back. Also, i maybe misunderstood, but you definitely will get your First month for the Price you paid for it.

You should definitely check your emails and the blognews if you say nobody has given any information. There is much Information around, they also made a whole Livestream, you just need to dig into it.

And your point is meaningless. You can cancel it anytime and get your in advance paid money back. Also, i maybe misunderstood, but you definitely will get your First month for the Price you paid for it.

blah blah scam

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yeah. Thats what I thought about how you are.

I have been waiting for 6 months for a shadow. My account said it would be activated the 31st. Today is the 30th. So I was super excited because tomorrow I would get my shadow. Just to see this… And 30 bucks? The new owners are only making people canceling their pre-order.

Hi, 

I see here a lot of complaints.

May I remind you a few things :

• The previous business model was not viable, that’s why the company went bankrupt
  • So far, new owners try to save the company.
  • Unless I'm mistaken, cancelling the pre-order will result in a refund, if the company went bankrupt, you would have lost your pre-order.
  • No one is forced to accept the new price, anyone can cancel their subscription immediately.
  • I think you would mind if monthly fee changes every month, that’s why the price is the same in every currency.
  • If you already have a server, was there a downtime since the company was bought ?

So, no need to blame the new management before you see what they really have in mind and what they do.

I use OVH services as a business customer and I know that for Octave Klaba , transparancy is very important. When an issue occurs, everything is clearly explained : status.ovh.com

Lot of competitors, when they have an issue just say “we have an issue, just wait”

I understand one can be disappointed to wait activation without a date, but, as i did, you agreed to wait months when you pre-ordered. What difference makes a few days ?

So take a deep breath, smile and wait.

No need to say that I don’t belong to the company, no PR in his right mind would dare to say what i’ve said to his customers.