News

05/24 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

05/24 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this belated week’s Shadow Boost activation update which will look quite different to what you are used to.

The reason why is that we currently paused all Shadow Boost activations due to the changes coming with our new leadership team.

What are we doing in the meantime? While we are still going through a reorganization process internally, we are also using this time to properly map out how and where to distribute Shadow going forward.

As soon as we have a clear plan in place, we will resume activations and expect a much faster pace than before thanks to our new partnership with OVH Cloud for Shadow hardware and data centers.

We will keep you updated!

💡 Your account page should be updated with similar information in due time.

This topic has been closed for comments

70 replies

Userlevel 3

its really a joke. on the amsterdam server there is queue now that says you have to wait certain minutes to get a free slot. but even when the time is up you wont be able to log in. so its impossible to use the service you are paying for.

this company is dead in the water. 

Userlevel 3

its really a joke. on the amsterdam server there is queue now that says you have to wait certain minutes to get a free slot. but even when the time is up you wont be able to log in. so its impossible to use the service you are paying for.

This is exactly what I wrote about. 

Thank you for the information, so I can spare me the waiting. It is so frustrating that after the price increase we also have a waiting line. Wtf are they doing? Sell the hardware to some crypto-punks?

Userlevel 3

I will give them time until June 25th to fix these issues and improve everything. If nothing will happen and if I won´t get a fu**ing understandable response, I will order a MSI GP66 Leopard 10UG-264 for 1500€.

All these people cancelling… means my pre-order moves up in the queue (villain laugh).

I have been waiting for 6 months for a shadow. My account said it would be activated the 31st. Today is the 30th. So I was super excited because tomorrow I would get my shadow. Just to see this… And 30 bucks? The new owners are only making people canceling their pre-order.

If raising the price is forcing people to cancel pre-orders and make room for us hold-outs waiting….Excellent(insert evil grin)

Userlevel 3
Badge

All these people cancelling… means my pre-order moves up in the queue (villain laugh).

never thought about this hahaha that would be great! but i think it will go the other way :’D

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can you just get a move on please, 

Price has gone up fine whatever… At least justify it by pulling your fingers out and get activations moving again..

I'm literally going to die of old age before mine gets activated.

Ps This is a community forum stop with the business speak please no one here appreciates that crap use plain talk call a spade a spade and stop kicking cans down the road.

If it continues like this, I'll end up canceling my pre-order !

dumbass can’t be patient :astonished:

This company should not be taking on new customers with no clear path forward, while changing their terms of service whenever they feel like it. Cancelled my pre-order after months of waiting and am not expecting to return.

bonjour 

précommandé ultra en oct-2019,le changement de boost vers ultra aura lieu au environ de quand ?heure, jour, mois,  année ?

Userlevel 3
Badge

HAHAHA all this idiots Who cancelled their preorder now gonna look very dumb. Just got an Email. When Shadow goes online, the First month is gonna be the Price i paid and the second one is gonna be free. After that, its gonna be 30€. Smiling, thanks Shadow ;)

Would’ve loved an actual update for the activation for my Shadow Boost I pre-ordered like 15 months ago, rather than some pricing change but.. whatever I guess.

Is it April 29th, 2021 yet? Accelerate delivery rates, so is that next year or this year?

Canceled, not because of price change, but because I read that not only am I tied to windows, but I can't switch to LTSC, remove bloatware and clean up my registry or even run a VM to mess with linux.

Sooooo, I'd love to find something else, it can even be €50 as long as I have full controle.
But yeah, right now with the crypto boom unlimited compute like that probably can't be had for any price.

So here's my thoughts: you went into business without preparing properly. I mean, come on, you really didn't expect THIS product to explode? Waiting for a year to be acitvated? You couldn't handle it to serve the gigantic amount of customers quickly, but your low price entry model only works if lots of customers pay the more expensive options to compensate the financial loss of the boost option. You went bancrupt and had to sell to just ANYBODY to get out without or only few debt. The new owners more than doubled the price for the weakest setup aiming to lose as much active and waiting to be activated subscribers as possible so they can throw over the whole concept and make some new business related solution and start from scratch with it. A revolution and the future of gaming really just got pulverized. 😆

Hello tout le monde,

En ce qui me concerne je suis en attende d’activation ! 

Commandé depuis

03 mai 2021

Disponible le

29 mars 2022

J’ai encore beaucoup de temps avant de pouvoir découvrir Shadow et les performances qui me permettront de pouvoir jouer a des jeux demandant des ressources matériels que je ne dispose pas ! Nous savons que l’informatique evolue à grande vitesse et que les coûts du développement peuvent être considérable pour l’entreprise et je comprends donc que pour nous offrir un espace cloud et du matériel optimal nous permettant de pouvoir jouer à des jeux demandes beaucoup de ressource ou tout autre action que les jeux l’entreprise doit pouvoir retomber sur leur patte et ce dans l’optique de toujours pouvoir nous offrir tout cela et d’en améliorer encore et encore leur performance que nous même en profiteront !! Il est donc pour ma part justifier que l’entreprise s’aligne sur de nouvelles tarifications mensuel que forcément j’accepte !! J’accepte car en effet, si nous devions acheter nous même le matériel de gamer cela nous serait très coûteux d’autant plus qu’il faut savoir que plus le temps passe plus les jeux demandent des ressources encore plus élever !! Je suis certain que les gamer savent qu’a un moment il doivent revoir leur matériel pour améliorer leur performance et pouvoir continuer à jouer a des jeux qui auparavant dépassait les capacités de leur performance matériel !!! Il est à noté aussi qu’il arrive que le matériel tombe en panne et doivent racheter le ou les composants défectueux et cela coûte très chère à leur portefeuille !! Avec Shadow nous n’auront plus ce type de désagrément car ils s’occupent de tout, nous on a juste qu’a ce connecter a notre Shadow et de profiter de nos jeux ou autre application et cela juste pour 30€ par mois !!! 

J’espère juste que mon activation sera plus rapide qu’a l’heure actuel fixé au 29-03-2022 !! Car j’ai hate de pouvoir jouer un jeu en particulier que j’ai acheter sur steam, mais le jeu tourne trop lent pour pouvoir y jouer !! En ce moment et en attendant en tout cas, je joue à des jeux sur RomStation via des émulateurs, mais bon certain jeux restant encore avec des lenteurs, mais bon d’autre sont jouable sans souci !! J’attend donc avec impatience mon activation qui j’espère sera avancer avant la date prévue car il est évidant que le temps d’attente est énorme !!

Sorry to say I dediced to cancel my purchase.  Given the fact that I’ve now had to wait four months to receive my purchase only to be told it will be longer though given no estimate of just how much longer has left me feeling uneasy.  Couple that with the decision to double to price of my subscription before I’ve even had a chance to use it just forced my hand.  For all this time and frustration, I’ll just go buy my own gaming equipment. 

Thanks for trying Shadow, you haed a great idea but it appears you just wern’t able to create a working business model.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sorry to say I dediced to cancel my purchase.  Given the fact that I’ve now had to wait four months to receive my purchase only to be told it will be longer though given no estimate of just how much longer has left me feeling uneasy.  Couple that with the decision to double to price of my subscription before I’ve even had a chance to use it just forced my hand.  For all this time and frustration, I’ll just go buy my own gaming equipment. 

Thanks for trying Shadow, you haed a great idea but it appears you just wern’t able to create a working business model.

Are y'all even reading your emails? First of all 4 months is nothing. Most of us waited 6 months already. Second: Shadow is soon starting to open activations again and also hope to do that in a more quickly Manner because of their new owner hubic. Third, all preorders will get their First month for the Price they paid already and the second month FOR FREE. If thats not the point for you to stay at least 2 months, its your bad.

I still looking forward to my activation 😁 if Shadow can survive through the new price, well then it's okay for me. Can't wait to try it and I hope that the activations will restart soon. 🙂 

Are y'all even reading your emails? First of all 4 months is nothing. Most of us waited 6 months already. Second: Shadow is soon starting to open activations again and also hope to do that in a more quickly Manner because of their new owner hubic. Third, all preorders will get their First month for the Price they paid already and the second month FOR FREE. If thats not the point for you to stay at least 2 months, its your bad.

I have waited 1 year, 7 month and 8 day, I think that guy made the right choice my canceling , I won’t do it my self cause after 19 month of waiting I kinda want to at least try it but still