Sticky News

06/07 An Update on activations

06/07 An Update on activations
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey #TeamShadow,

As we prepare for Shadow’s next chapter, here is an update on the preorders. 

Earlier this month, activations were temporarily paused to properly transition to our newly announced offer and pricing update. In consequence, this critical process delays the access to Shadow for many of you. 

As soon as all elements are set, activations will resume.

The good news: thanks to our new partnership with OVHcloud, we expect an accelerated delivery rate so you should have access to your Shadow faster.

💡 Your account page will be updated with similar information in due time.

This topic has been closed for comments

157 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Do you have any timeframe for us to (just approximately) say when activations are going to start again? If not, its okay, I will just wait for it as always. :)

Looking forward at the new chapter for shadow! :)

Userlevel 1

Great news and all,I read through the new price page and am still wondering if my pre-order is going to cover at the regular price of 14.99 or am I going to be hit with an increase of 29.99 on the 25th?

Great news and all,I read through the new price page and am still wondering if my pre-order is going to cover at the regular price of 14.99 or am I going to be hit with an increase of 29.99 on the 25th?

You should have gotten an email like this

Userlevel 1

No I never received such an email,that’s great to hear though.This makes my day.Thank you very much for the reply.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thats the Mail I mentioned in last weeks update.  Still wondered why so many people still were angry. Thats the best Deal you can get for now.

Userlevel 1

Thats a great deal and Im 100% on board with it.I just never recieved anything about it yet.I dont want to miss out I dont mind the wait.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have any timeframe for us to (just approximately) say when activations are going to start again? If not, its okay, I will just wait for it as always. :)

Hey @Buma, we don’t have a timeframe to share for now, but we will keep you posted as soon as we have information to share!

I just paid but no I don't see when shadow will activate it

Hi,

I know I'm asking here but either way I'm happy to wait as using GeForce now for the meantime but my activation date is 29th March 2022 is this set in stone or would I possibly get activated before this depending on what you guys have going on thank you for your time.

Userlevel 1

Hi.

One more time how about ultra n infinite? 

Hi.

One more time how about ultra n infinite? 

I don’t think there are any plans to do Ultra or Infinite. At least, that is what the email I got made it sounds like. No more Boost grade- Just...Shadow. Could be wring though. Hopefully mod or admin will reply back for clarification. 

Userlevel 1

Well they did answer... Guess what... They don t have a freaking clue... How weird is that…

I ve ordered ultra on 29 th October 2019…

I kept on paying just to make sure I d be upgraded, if not, well this would be the best reason to sue them, like the whole of us who have been waiting so long for nothing... Sounds like a plan right... Fake advertising... 

How do you want trust such a company who has such a lack of informations? 

They said they will give us news whenever they find a new owner... Few month later... Nothing... As always. 

I m really expecting them to cancel ultra and infinite but don t want tell about it cuz they don't want to lose all of us as consumers... Truly hope I'm wrong 

My original activation date was Aug 30th now it’s July 29th so I would recommend checking ur activation date on ur acc like I did

Hi,

I was wondering, has anyone account been activated recently? and if so, how long did you waited?

Thanks

Thats the Mail I mentioned in last weeks update.  Still wondered why so many people still were angry. Thats the best Deal you can get for now.

Why wouldn’t people be upset over this.  They over doubled the cost and play it off by saying, “Second month free!” and, “Cancel anytime!”.  I read the agreement, they have to offer the original price for a year before they can renegotiate the contract.  What they are doing is illegal but you seem to think it’s no big deal.  Personally, I’m going to try the first two months to see if it’s worth such a bloated price.  The only reason they can jack it up like that is because of a lack of GPUs for the consumer, and they themselves probably deal with similar issues.  I understand it from a business perspective and it sounds like a good price all things considered.  The thing is, it doesn’t change the underlying problem that I have a legal agreement with them that they are voiding illegally.  I want to believe in this but if they are going to keep this the entry price then I don’t see a future where shadow even exists so why would I waste my money on it when I could save it for a graphics card I own and just upgrade my pc when the next one comes out.  I was considering this for a VR arcade since the quest 2 gets low latency on virtual desktop using a shadow pc, but why would I not just buy my own computers at this point.  That was why I pre-ordered it, to see how well it would work.  If shadow tech can just increase the price whenever they feel like it then I don’t think it’s a stable form of compute power for a business as it could put me out just like that.  This is the problem of not owning anything, and why I am seriously reconsidering shadows service since the promises they made to me are not being kept.  The way I see it is that I should just cancel after the first two months unless their service is so good that it makes paying $30 for it every month worth it.  Right now, you can’t even stream the pc to multiple devices at once, you can’t stream it from your quest, you can’t have multiple displays for streaming, you can’t use pcvr headsets like the Rift or Vive, you can’t even use the service if you’re in queue!  What makes me want to keep using it, because it’s not very much other than its simple to use and has low latency.  This is becoming the Apple of cloud gaming, and that’s a bad thing.  Maybe if they offered me a free month as an optional thing I might have been more persuaded if it was an upgrade from the specs they initially offer.  Even a slight upgrade in the graphics card could have persuaded me and would be completely legal based off of the original agreement.  They could have downgraded the $11.99 to a GTX 970 with 16 GB of RAM and a lot of people would have not complained because it’s in the agreement that they can do that.  So why would you not be upset still, they lied to you and are stealing from you!  Shadow needs to have lower tier machines to satisfy customers who need less performance than others.  It is a waste to have more power than you need at a higher price simply because shadow wants to make more money.  Again, I get the business side, things are more expensive right now and they need the support from the pre-orders to keep going. But tell me, does it make it right to break legal agreements that both parties willingly made without the consent of one of the parties involved?  This could have been solved by downgrading the hardware they offer for people who’s machines are not built yet, but they are blatantly breaking the agreement instead because they know people won’t sue them.  It seems to me all they care about right now is making money by any means necessary and personally that sounds like they don’t care about the end user, which is not a company I like to do business with.  It sickens me that they would change the agreement of the contract illegally like this without consideration to what other possible solutions there are to a problem that should have been dealt with before I even made a pre-order.  If they offer me free internet then that would probably be the only thing that would make me want to pay $30 a month for a gaming pc that I don’t even own and can’t use.  

Userlevel 2

With the current specs and price it is absurd to use Shadow for gaming. It's not good enough for video editing either so I'm not sure for what you could use it for; some sort of business solution maybe. Perhaps someone who is keen on playing a certain game that is not supported by other streaming services and pirates. Thing is, if you pirate games you are probably not willing to pay 30$ for Shadow.

I am waiting for the activation but won't continue after the 2 months. I am currently using GFN (900+ games available, with the equivalent of a 2080Ti for 5$/month as a founding member) and GamePass (200+ free games 1$ for the first 3 months and 10/15$ after that). By the way in the next months GamePass Streaming will be available on PC and they will upgrade the machines to Series X performance (ray tracing).

Userlevel 2

Hi,

I was wondering, has anyone account been activated recently? and if so, how long did you waited?

Thanks

I started the service on 25th Dec and was supposed to get activated on the 31st May. I guess I'll be in the first batch of activations when they start but that's all I know.

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Thanks

I started the service on 25th Dec and was supposed to get activated on the 31st May. I guess I'll be in the first batch of activations when they start but that's all I know.

Same. I ordered on Dec 28th and was supposed to get activated end of May. I don’t see any updates on my profile or anything, not even an ETA. I guess now we just wait. I don’t suppose they will make us wait another 6 months, right? Hopefully another week or two max.

Lon.tv have just posted details about the sale of the service and what was involved with the price change

*sniff sniff*

You smell that?

It’s bullshit.

*sniff*

And it stinks.

I’ve ordered Shadow Ultra October 2019. That’s over 1.5 years ago. Are you going to honour that order after practically doubling the price for shadow boost and eliminating all other options?

Userlevel 2

Lon.tv have just posted details about the sale of the service and what was involved with the price change

This guy called us "low cost customers". People who joined for 11.99$ and "are using the service for too many hours daily".

Make sure to leave a like and a nice comment on his video!

I’m in the “wait and see” stage of this.   I’m not certain if it’s going to be worth it to me to continue to subscribe.   I am concerned that there isn’t a time line on roll outs as of yet.   The old adage of “no news is good news” doesn’t work in this instance.  I am sure I am not the only one wanting to know when service can be expected, even if the timeline is still a few months out, I would rather know, than be kept in the dark.   

Userlevel 2

Schadow ist am ende, preis wider verdoppelt. 

Ein PC Kauf / Finanzierung mit Strom ist preiswerter als das Aktuelle Shadow System.

2 Jahren auf Vorbestellungen für Ultra Warten und keine Infos geben.

Ultra Vorbestellungen ohne Entschädigung widerrufen 2 Jahre für nix gewartet.

Seit beginn immer noch die gleiche Hardware ohne Upgrades.

Versprochene Leistung wird nicht erbracht (NVidia Quadro P5000) ist keine (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080) 

Die liste ist noch so viel länger, es ist einfach traurig als Kunde fühle ich mich nur verarscht und betrogen.

Versprechen werden nicht eingehalten und auch auf die bestehende Leistung kann man die nicht verlassen.

Einfach traurig wie derbe Mann auf Kunden kacken kann sag ja nur 2 Jahre auf Ultra keine Infos geben und zum Schluss einfach rausnehmen.

Wie kann man bitte so ein unternehmen führen ?

Wenn man alleine zu dumm ist kosten nachfrage und Angebot zu decken und das von Anfang an.

Sachen versprechen die man Garnichts einhalten kann um wahrscheinlich mehr Leute zu funken einfach arm die Politik .

Ich freue mich endlich Shadow nach dieser langen harten zeiten zu verlassen und lieber aktuell eine überteuerte neue Garik kaufe als wider Shadow Terror zu ertragen und am ende mehr leistung fur mein Geld bekomme und weniger stress XD das mann  das so sagen kann tut echt weh aber liegt ja nicht an mir danke für nix ich hoffe ihr geht pleite  denn verdinnen tuht ihr es sicher nicht schlächtester anbieter denn ich je hatte.

This is how stereotypes are born. Everyone posts in english but you want to make us learn your native language.