News

06/07 An Update on activations

06/07 An Update on activations

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

156 replies

Userlevel 1

I preordered in December and should have gotten it end of April, still No Info.…

I Just want to know when i can expect it approx. 

Userlevel 1

This company gone awol lmao should of gotten activated 2 months ago @Buma didn't you say this new ownership has good communication lol?

I’m not too sure about everyone else, but when I checked my shadow account page today for my estimated activation date, it went from Dec 31 to before Aug 26!

If you think I’m insane, here’s a photo:

wth i ordered my shadow in january and my activation date is august 30th...

That is weird, I pre-ordered mine on 03/02/21 and activation has always said and still says 5/31/21, Has yours always said 8/30 for activation?

Userlevel 3
Badge

This company gone awol lmao should of gotten activated 2 months ago @Buma didn't you say this new ownership has good communication lol?

Yes. Until they stopped updating weekly....

Userlevel 2

over a month delay and no updates at all? are you guys just fornicating us over or what? anything?

I’m not too sure about everyone else, but when I checked my shadow account page today for my estimated activation date, it went from Dec 31 to before Aug 26!

That is weird, I pre-ordered mine on 03/02/21 and activation has always said and still says 5/31/21, Has yours always said 8/30 for activation?

Mine say the same thing before the 26 I heard they will resume activation this month

Userlevel 2

Mine say the same thing before the 26 I heard they will resume activation this month

wow. i guess now they only prioritise new subscriptions at €30 instead of honoring the preorders at the old price from before. i preordered at €15 back in december 2020 and i have zero changes to my account, it still says it shouldve arrived may 31, 2021.

I don't care about the price hike and I would even be okay with the delays. My issue is the lack of communication on their end. It says they're supposed to have weekly updates and the last update was the beginning of last month. And even before the bankruptcy the communication wasn't great.

(I am also slightly scared that service has gone downhill since I was last subbed but I'm not gonna believe everything I hear on reddit till I see it myself, especially since shadow has been great to me in the past.)

As a subscriber from the start of US services to present..
Shadow has had ups and downs, and prior to the changeover there were ALOT of downs, with the exception of the pricing and the configurations and extra storage available.

Since the changeover in May? Honestly Shadow is more stable than it’s ever been. I mean, not every game can run 60+ frames on ultra like Infinite and Ultra configs could allow, but overall the stability from the data servers as well as the quick response to the hardware issues (since we’re all single configuration now, easy to pinpoint hardware problems), honestly shadow’s as good as it was at US launch if not better imo.

But I will agree, communication hasn’t been great since year 1, and it’s likely to remain in that status until later this year, and that’s really the worst thing about it. Alot of people give the company flak over things that have happened either only to them (without bothering to talk to support) or on impacts that were far more advanced than they (the user) knew, that’s primarily what I see from Reddit/Discord. I’m with the Chicago datacenter, and aside from one issue that lasted 2 months in 2019, I haven’t had too many issues until April 2021 when there was packet loss keeping streaming quality down, since May.. nothing to complain about.

Mine is still showing as activates before 30th August 2021,hopefully i get an update soon

Mine is still showing as activates before 30th August 2021,hopefully i get an update soon

same 

Userlevel 1

Did i literally just got scammed I should of been activated May 31 2021 and still no updates or anything...

How much longer do I have to wait?

Did i literally just got scammed I should of been activated May 31 2021 and still no updates or anything...

Yep, you got scamed.
Maybe reech your local consumer association if you wanna try to force shadow into respecting the law.
If not, just accept that you’re fudged and shadow doesn’t care about you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

No of course not.. As mentioned in this post, activations are paused until further notice… As you can see other people are still waiting. why would they Scam you and only you…

Userlevel 1

No of course not.. As mentioned in this post, activations are paused until further notice… As you can see other people are still waiting. why would they Scam you and only you…

Yes I see that everyone is waiting and I'm one of them, I didn't mean I was the only one getting scammed. It's fine with me waiting i do have patience and all but it's just pissing me off with the lack of communication with their "weekly updates" it comes off as a scamming company and a lot of doubt and negativity. I would be happy with them giving some updates to what's been going on.

I joind in February and should have had mine in April.. still nothing 

I joind in February and should have had mine in April.. still nothing 

i preorderd on January :(

My activation is on july 29 this year, will i get activated by then or will it be a delay?

Well, no one is quite sure yet, but some people have gotten an email from shadow saying activations will resume in July. If everything goes well then in theory, you should get your shadow activated this month. Btw, when did you order your shadow?

I purchased the shadow march 3rd of this year. That's a bummer if i have to wait even longer since these 4 month I've been inpatient waiting. All i gotten from shadow was the price change and i soon to be able to receive another email to accept the condtions. 

I just canceled mine. I’ve subscribed last year on 8th December with activation date on 24th June this year. Of course this did not happened. They did not reply when asked about the situation. I sincerely doubt they will ever come back especially with the pandemic and the global shortage in computer chips.

@ShadowPC | you could have aproach this like GeforceNow did. 

For anyone who does not know, GeforceNow increased their subscriptions prices as well but at least for the current subscribers they gave the option to keep their original plan if they wanted. They even rename the subscription plan to Founders as a token of apreciation.  As long as you continue using this the price will stay like that forever. So Big Big Shout out to GeforceNow for this.

I just canceled mine. I’ve subscribed last year on 8th December with activation date on 24th June this year. Of course this did not happened. They did not reply when asked about the situation. I sincerely doubt they will ever come back especially with the pandemic and the global shortage in computer chips.

For anyone who does not know, GeforceNow increased their subscriptions prices as well but at least for the current subscribers they gave the option to keep their original plan if they wanted. They even rename the subscription plan to Founders as a token of apreciation.  As long as you continue using this the price will stay like that forever. So Big Big Shout out to GeforceNow for this.

i don’t think cancelling was a good idea, i’m assuming they will resume activations this month

i don’t think cancelling was a good idea, i’m assuming they will resume activations this month

I doubt this. If they were to start with the activations this month why is it that they did not say this officialy? I have been wanting for 7 months and didn’t get an email saying that activation will start this month. 

And if they will not start in July for sure August will be a no because everyone is on vacation and it’s not always up to them because they depend on other to build their cabinets to hold the servers. 

I would say the soonest that they can start with activation will be in November this year.

In the meantime stay safe and enjoy vacation :)

My activation is on july 29 this year, will i get activated by then or will it be a delay?

It still says I’ll be activated by May 31, 2021. I’m hoping they’ll start activations again soon, but I’d expect you’d get delayed too. If only because they’re so far behind on them right now. 

I am with shadow since March 2017 (in France I am almost among the first to have a shadow) and I ordered the shadow Ultra on November 2, 2019 and I have no news of when I will have it, nothing at all. I would like to have news but I receive nothing.