News

06/07 An Update on activations

06/07 An Update on activations

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

156 replies

I am with shadow since March 2017 (in France I am almost among the first to have a shadow) and I ordered the shadow Ultra on November 2, 2019 and I have no news of when I will have it, nothing at all. I would like to have news but I receive nothing.

Probably never. As far as I know they've discontinued all the other versions of shadow and now only offer one version. 

Ok so im going to cancel my subscription right now. Iam going to Nvidia g force. 
also verarschen lassen brauch ich mich nicht. Dafür war meine Ex zuständig. Oh was für ein Zufall so wie shadow. 
bye community, war schön mit euch 

Also ich komm mir jetzt noch mehr verarscht vor!!!!! WTF kann ich jetzt nicht stornieren???? 

Userlevel 2

I just canceled mine. I’ve subscribed last year on 8th December with activation date on 24th June this year. Of course this did not happened. They did not reply when asked about the situation. I sincerely doubt they will ever come back especially with the pandemic and the global shortage in computer chips.

@ShadowPC | you could have aproach this like GeforceNow did. 

For anyone who does not know, GeforceNow increased their subscriptions prices as well but at least for the current subscribers they gave the option to keep their original plan if they wanted. They even rename the subscription plan to Founders as a token of apreciation.  As long as you continue using this the price will stay like that forever. So Big Big Shout out to GeforceNow for this.

So I want to clarify since I think most people say they are jumping ship to GeForce Now (which I feel shouting on a forum is only to get Shadow to give you free stuff).

The “Founder’s Edition” of the service was what it was initially called when officially released as the paid tier of $4.99. In March of this year, Nvidia said they were bumping the price to $9.99 a month, renaming it to “Priority Tier” and told all current subscribers they would be grandfathered in at the original price as long as they kept paying. It was not changed as a thank you to the people who paid from the start and there is no difference in the service regardless of price. Nvidia has been using the Founder’s moniker since the 1000 series as ‘These Are Products We Made in House’ branding.

Now my opinion stands that one of two things happened:

1. Nvidia said we have so much money it does not hurt us to grandfather in this incredibly small portion of users while we shoot for more profit.
  2. They have so few paying users that they needed to keep those people subscribed to keep paying for the growing catalog (which is bogus since they have the money, but are greedy as sin).

Now the point of Shadow doing this grandfathering is moot because they were bankrupt. If they had the funds of Nvidia, none of the past events this year would have happened. On the other hand, people have to stop comparing a full cloud computer to a server of pre-installed games. If you have minimal current or popular games you play exclusively and they are on GeForce Now, I wonder why you wasted any money on Shadow since it was always cheaper.

Userlevel 2

Also ich komm mir jetzt noch mehr verarscht vor!!!!! WTF kann ich jetzt nicht stornieren???? 

Konnten Sie es abbrechen?

I just canceled mine. I’ve subscribed last year on 8th December with activation date on 24th June this year. Of course this did not happened. They did not reply when asked about the situation. I sincerely doubt they will ever come back especially with the pandemic and the global shortage in computer chips.

@ShadowPC | you could have aproach this like GeforceNow did. 

For anyone who does not know, GeforceNow increased their subscriptions prices as well but at least for the current subscribers they gave the option to keep their original plan if they wanted. They even rename the subscription plan to Founders as a token of apreciation.  As long as you continue using this the price will stay like that forever. So Big Big Shout out to GeforceNow for this.

So I want to clarify since I think most people say they are jumping ship to GeForce Now (which I feel shouting on a forum is only to get Shadow to give you free stuff).

The “Founder’s Edition” of the service was what it was initially called when officially released as the paid tier of $4.99. In March of this year, Nvidia said they were bumping the price to $9.99 a month, renaming it to “Priority Tier” and told all current subscribers they would be grandfathered in at the original price as long as they kept paying. It was not changed as a thank you to the people who paid from the start and there is no difference in the service regardless of price. Nvidia has been using the Founder’s moniker since the 1000 series as ‘These Are Products We Made in House’ branding.

Now my opinion stands that one of two things happened:

1. Nvidia said we have so much money it does not hurt us to grandfather in this incredibly small portion of users while we shoot for more profit.
  2. They have so few paying users that they needed to keep those people subscribed to keep paying for the growing catalog (which is bogus since they have the money, but are greedy as sin).

Now the point of Shadow doing this grandfathering is moot because they were bankrupt. If they had the funds of Nvidia, none of the past events this year would have happened. On the other hand, people have to stop comparing a full cloud computer to a server of pre-installed games. If you have minimal current or popular games you play exclusively and they are on GeForce Now, I wonder why you wasted any money on Shadow since it was always cheaper.

1) AFAIK (I could be wrong but this is what I found when I was thinking about switching) op

with geforce you can play any game you own on steam but it won't save the progress if it's now a geforce now game and you'll have to download it each time. This isn't necessarily bad since you could play multi-player or could upload and download saves each time. 

2) I think most people complaining about the price hike are complaining about the way it was communicated. Shadows always been poor on communication but they've gotten worse with new management. On top of that most people wouldn't be mad if they stuck with this price in the first place since they were basically the same price when they started. A lot of people are more mad because they pre-ordered other versions that they're not going to get now and have been waiting for a long long time. 

3) most other services do not have such a long wait time. It took me 8 months the first time I got Shadow. At least that time it followed the estimate. This time I was supposed to get it after only 6 months but that's been delayed (understandable with the changes but they still haven't communicated new ETAs for most people yet.)

4) why choose Shadow over geforce now? Because it does give you more diversity and usually it does run great. Not always. Support usually took a while to fix issues even back when they had live support. But it gives you more options. The real issue here is there weren't a lot of alternatives. Technically there still isn't but we're getting more all the time. Amazon EC2 works great from what I've heard. Paperspace works really well and if you only play for a few hours a month it's actually cheaper. Most people do use Shadow for gaming and that means Xcloud (once they work out their issues), psnow, Amazon Luna, Google stadia, and geforce now are great alternatives. 

I know I probably sound like I hate Shadow. I don't. I love Shadow as a service when it's properly working. I wasn't a big fan of former management's lack of communication and choosing to focus more on minor features instead of bettering the quality and quantity of what they had, nor am I fan of new shadows even worse communication and prioritizing even more worthless features (I can't remember what it was called but they said in a previous update there was a new feature that required a high end computer to use. If the people using Shadow had high end computers I don't think most of us would be using Shadow.). 

I don't think people complaining and threatening to switch means they want free stuff. Maybe some of them because people will do that crap. But for the most part I think it's just people wanting to hold Shadow accountable to a certain level of service. Shadow is getting more rivals every day. If they continue with the long wait times on activations, spotty roadmaps they don't follow, and poor almost non existent communication and tech support then Shadow will go bankrupt again. 

(And yeah the price hike was kinda scummy since most people had a 1 year contract they should be locked into that from a legal standpoint, but that is understandable since they DID go bankrupt)

Konnten Sie es abbrechen?

Hat nicht funktioniert. Es kommt immer wieder der gleiche Fehler 

Clap in your hand if you have serious doubt about shadow (or worse)! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Signed up for Shadow in January. Activation was planned for June 24. Postponed by the end of May until further notice. I don't mind waiting for a good product, but this is slowly becoming redicoulus!!

Toujours rien :(

Toujours rien :(

No way!!! 😳😠

Userlevel 1

Signed up for Shadow in January. Activation was planned for June 24. Postponed by the end of May until further notice. I don't mind waiting for a good product, but this is slowly becoming redicoulus!!

Im waiting since december and activation was end of april….

Shadow a choisi de ne pas honorer ses contrats a temps et à aussi choisi de ne pas communiquer avec ses clients sur le sujet. 
Il est normal d’en conclure que Shadow méprise et manque de respect a ses clients. 

Maintenant il menace d’oublier complétement toute obligations et juste effacer votre contrats si vous ne cèdez pas a leurs malversations et donniez votre faux consentement à leur choix de rompre les termes de leurs contrats.

Contactez votre association de défense des consommateurs, c’est un conseil...

Hi, I’m in Florida and my activation day was supposed to be today, June 28. I was wondering if there is any way to know if my subscription would activate any time soon. Any information regarding how long it will take would be very welcomed.

Mine was two month ago and I’m still wainting so...

Hi, I’m in Florida and my activation day was supposed to be today, June 28. I was wondering if there is any way to know if my subscription would activate any time soon. Any information regarding how long it will take would be very welcomed.

Hey, so currently theres no official information from Shadow, but some people have gotten an email saying activations will resume in July, (this month), but as I said only some people have gotten that email. I ordered my Shadow in January of 2021, and just now I got a confirmation email from Shadow saying I have to agree to the terms of service, or my place will be lost.

Now, on my shadow home page the price has updated to, ‘’£29.99/Month”, whereas before it was still £14.99/Month. I’m hoping my Shadow will be updated this month or next month, since I just now got the new price agreement.

Sorry this Mail is in german, but. If you agree to the price change youll receive this mail. It says that you get one month for free and that, in my case, shadow should be activated in the next few days. 

The wait was worth it in my opinion ;) 

I'm sorry for my englisch :) 

Sorry this Mail is in german, but. If you agree to the price change youll receive this mail. It says that you get one month for free and that, in my case, shadow should be activated in the next few days. 

Ich habe auch dieselbe E-Mail erhalten, in der stand, dass mein Schatten "jetzt eines Tages" aktiviert wird. `` Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob das in den kommenden Tagen oder in naher Zukunft bedeutet - vielleicht in ein paar Tagen oder ein paar Wochen.

Entschuldigung für mein Deutsch, ich bin ein bisschen eingerostet :)

Yes I just received the same email I’m in the US New York to be exact.  And like you I agree it is well worth the wait for the service Shadow provides.  Team Shadow hasn’t gone GHOST ON US!  IM THANKFUL 

YES! i havent gotten this email saying activations are live, but i should be getting it soon

btw, when did you place your pre-order?

YES! i havent gotten this email saying activations are live, but i should be getting it soon

Jazzistheworst. We almost there a few more days and I can’t wait till I get that one last email that my activation is ready…😏👍🍾

Jazzistheworst. We almost there a few more days and I can’t wait till I get that one last email that my activation is ready…😏👍🍾

Same bro, every time i get an email that has the title, ‘Shadow’, its nerve racking 

Hey, so currently theres no official information from Shadow, but some people have gotten an email saying activations will resume in July, (this month), but as I said only some people have gotten that email. I ordered my Shadow in January of 2021, and just now I got a confirmation email from Shadow saying I have to agree to the terms of service, or my place will be lost.

Now, on my shadow home page the price has updated to, ‘’£29.99/Month”, whereas before it was still £14.99/Month. I’m hoping my Shadow will be updated this month or next month, since I just now got the new price agreement.

So you ordered your command later and you received this email sonner than me, we can conclude that you’re gonna receive the product earlier.
Where do you come from ? Are you straight, white, privileged ? Was you also, like me, a loyal costumer since 2016 ? 

What is the reason behind this choices from Shadow ?​​​​​

So you ordered your command later and you received this email sonner than me, we can conclude that you’re gonna receive the product earlier.
Where do you come from ? Are you straight, white, privileged ? Was you also, like me, a loyal costumer since 2016 ? 

What is the reason behind this choices from Shadow ?​​​​​

I think it has something to do with the data center where you're registered at. Maybe there are more registrations before yours at your data center so it takes more time for your shadow to be activated while at a other place they already finished with people who registered at the same time as you. They don't have endless capacities maybe there is a limit of daily distribution like 100 emails and you where like the 101 at your location

Or maybe they didn't start with every data center to start activating again so one data center like amsterdam sent their emails before florida in generel. 

I am from germany so my data center is in Amsterdam and I registered at the end of december 2020. I got the email today