News

06/07 An Update on activations

06/07 An Update on activations

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

156 replies

Userlevel 1

Did anyone even got activated this month ?

Userlevel 2

Well after they got me excited with the Any day now quote. I finally had my expected delivery date updated. Apparently any day now means still months out. My new date is August 26 so over a month to still wait. Wasn't it stated also that they expect a “much faster rollout once activations are started again”??? How the hell is that any day now??? I wouldn't care how long it takes I would have been happy about seeing an updated date.

BUT your wording to customers is poor at best. When you Shadow, tell a customer “any day now”. then 4 days later you tell them “oh but for you, its still a month out.” that messes with peoples emotions. Keep seeing posts about NVidia service might see If I can use them for a month while this pathetic service still lies right to the consumer. I have very little faith that ill even get my activation on the new date since my first date they gave me was already a fail.

Userlevel 2

Well after they got me excited with the Any day now quote. I finally had my expected delivery date updated. Apparently any day now means still months out. My new date is August 26 so over a month to still wait. Wasn't it stated also that they expect a “much faster rollout once activations are started again”??? How the hell is that any day now??? I wouldn't care how long it takes I would have been happy about seeing an updated date.

BUT your wording to customers is poor at best. When you Shadow, tell a customer “any day now”. then 4 days later you tell them “oh but for you, its still a month out.” that messes with peoples emotions. Keep seeing posts about NVidia service might see If I can use them for a month while this pathetic service still lies right to the consumer. I have very little faith that ill even get my activation on the new date since my first date they gave me was already a fail.

If this company had any legitimate competition they would have never recovered. Terrible communication. Terrible timeline promises, terrible customer service that gives you same copy and paste answer that they used in an update months ago. Shadow you truly are lucky you are the pioneer of this market otherwise I would have taken my money and patience elsewhere. Very unprofessional and unreliable. Only reason I’m not canceled is I've used shadow before and when you have it, it works wonders...

Userlevel 2

I don't understand the point of anyone cancelling their pre-order, You've paid already, I pre-ordered March 2nd of this year with a activation date by 5/31/2021 and activation dates depend on which data center you're assigned to. Mine is the "Santa Clara ca" Data Center. Listen, idk what everyone is exactly using their shadow pc for but when people on here say they are cancelling or leaving for Nvidia or another service, that's ridiculous because there's not a comparable service that let's you do what shadow does, People might forget that this isn't your run of the mill cloud gaming service , This is your very own high end full features gaming PC for you to use however you want, download any software you want, games, anything just like a PC in your home, For me I'm getting this service because I don't have a high end gaming PC so I'm using this service mainly because I have a Oculus quest 2 that I want to set up for PC VR gaming and this shadow service is the only service that will make this happen without me going out and buying a $2,000 set up. Everyone's situation is different for wanting this service, but don't compare it to another because there just isn't one. It's been a long wait I know.... But I'm still excited. 

I mostly agree with you except for the "high end PC" part. It has mid range specks at best. It will probably struggle a bit with VR, depending on the game and your VR set.

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I have been a member for as long as shadow has been alive and I have cancelled now couple months ago.

Same story as others really: I have pre-ordered infinite 2019 October, bought ghost and paid subscription for donkeys and what did I get back? Nothing, other than now out of date hardware and asked to pay more than double for it. I can safely say that I am never coming back to Shadow. If I would give one advice to the people thinking of signing up….. Don’t do it, I am talking from years of experience.

Peace

Userlevel 2

Hi all,

I have been a member for as long as shadow has been alive and I have cancelled now couple months ago.

Same story as others really: I have pre-ordered infinite 2019 October, bought ghost and paid subscription for donkeys and what did I get back? Nothing, other than now out of date hardware and asked to pay more than double for it. I can safely say that I am never coming back to Shadow. If I would give one advice to the people thinking of signing up….. Don’t do it, I am talking from years of experience.

Peace

For me it comes down to this: I want to play something that is not on GFN and I don't have other options other than buy a PC. The price increase is off-putting but I am not as bothered by the price as by the fact that there aren't higher end GPUs available. The price is not completely unreasonable since there is no competition.