News

06/07 An Update on activations

06/07 An Update on activations
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey #TeamShadow,

As we prepare for Shadow’s next chapter, here is an update on the preorders. 

Earlier this month, activations were temporarily paused to properly transition to our newly announced offer and pricing update. In consequence, this critical process delays the access to Shadow for many of you. 

As soon as all elements are set, activations will resume.

The good news: thanks to our new partnership with OVHcloud, we expect an accelerated delivery rate so you should have access to your Shadow faster.

💡 Your account page will be updated with similar information in due time.

This topic has been closed for comments

156 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi all,

I have been a member for as long as shadow has been alive and I have cancelled now couple months ago.

Same story as others really: I have pre-ordered infinite 2019 October, bought ghost and paid subscription for donkeys and what did I get back? Nothing, other than now out of date hardware and asked to pay more than double for it. I can safely say that I am never coming back to Shadow. If I would give one advice to the people thinking of signing up….. Don’t do it, I am talking from years of experience.

Peace

For me it comes down to this: I want to play something that is not on GFN and I don't have other options other than buy a PC. The price increase is off-putting but I am not as bothered by the price as by the fact that there aren't higher end GPUs available. The price is not completely unreasonable since there is no competition.

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I have been a member for as long as shadow has been alive and I have cancelled now couple months ago.

Same story as others really: I have pre-ordered infinite 2019 October, bought ghost and paid subscription for donkeys and what did I get back? Nothing, other than now out of date hardware and asked to pay more than double for it. I can safely say that I am never coming back to Shadow. If I would give one advice to the people thinking of signing up….. Don’t do it, I am talking from years of experience.

Peace

Userlevel 2

I don't understand the point of anyone cancelling their pre-order, You've paid already, I pre-ordered March 2nd of this year with a activation date by 5/31/2021 and activation dates depend on which data center you're assigned to. Mine is the "Santa Clara ca" Data Center. Listen, idk what everyone is exactly using their shadow pc for but when people on here say they are cancelling or leaving for Nvidia or another service, that's ridiculous because there's not a comparable service that let's you do what shadow does, People might forget that this isn't your run of the mill cloud gaming service , This is your very own high end full features gaming PC for you to use however you want, download any software you want, games, anything just like a PC in your home, For me I'm getting this service because I don't have a high end gaming PC so I'm using this service mainly because I have a Oculus quest 2 that I want to set up for PC VR gaming and this shadow service is the only service that will make this happen without me going out and buying a $2,000 set up. Everyone's situation is different for wanting this service, but don't compare it to another because there just isn't one. It's been a long wait I know.... But I'm still excited. 

I mostly agree with you except for the "high end PC" part. It has mid range specks at best. It will probably struggle a bit with VR, depending on the game and your VR set.

Userlevel 2

Well after they got me excited with the Any day now quote. I finally had my expected delivery date updated. Apparently any day now means still months out. My new date is August 26 so over a month to still wait. Wasn't it stated also that they expect a “much faster rollout once activations are started again”??? How the hell is that any day now??? I wouldn't care how long it takes I would have been happy about seeing an updated date.

BUT your wording to customers is poor at best. When you Shadow, tell a customer “any day now”. then 4 days later you tell them “oh but for you, its still a month out.” that messes with peoples emotions. Keep seeing posts about NVidia service might see If I can use them for a month while this pathetic service still lies right to the consumer. I have very little faith that ill even get my activation on the new date since my first date they gave me was already a fail.

If this company had any legitimate competition they would have never recovered. Terrible communication. Terrible timeline promises, terrible customer service that gives you same copy and paste answer that they used in an update months ago. Shadow you truly are lucky you are the pioneer of this market otherwise I would have taken my money and patience elsewhere. Very unprofessional and unreliable. Only reason I’m not canceled is I've used shadow before and when you have it, it works wonders...

Userlevel 2

Well after they got me excited with the Any day now quote. I finally had my expected delivery date updated. Apparently any day now means still months out. My new date is August 26 so over a month to still wait. Wasn't it stated also that they expect a “much faster rollout once activations are started again”??? How the hell is that any day now??? I wouldn't care how long it takes I would have been happy about seeing an updated date.

BUT your wording to customers is poor at best. When you Shadow, tell a customer “any day now”. then 4 days later you tell them “oh but for you, its still a month out.” that messes with peoples emotions. Keep seeing posts about NVidia service might see If I can use them for a month while this pathetic service still lies right to the consumer. I have very little faith that ill even get my activation on the new date since my first date they gave me was already a fail.

Userlevel 1

Did anyone even got activated this month ?

Userlevel 1

WhIcH sHoUlD bE AnY dAy NoW. Would have been better to keep it a surprise and just activate. Don't cocktease me with this one line of vagueness. Day 3 waiting on the any day now promise.

that shit is hilarious man also waiting since monday, they shouldve just not written anything tbh

Hey from France, got this email saying that I could get a second month free if I activate Shadow before the end of August or be refunded…. Problem is that I need to agree to the terms of service, which I can’t even seem to access for some reason (even clicking on the link the mail gave me, it redirects me to the account page rather than the terms of service, am I missing something??).

Furthermore when I try to connect with the app on my PC, it says that my indentifications are incorrect… despite clearly working on browser. Tried changing email/password, didn’t work... I sent a mail to the support team, got a reply claiming that the activation process had an error and are currently working on activating my Shadow? I should be receiving a reply eventually when they’ll do that, but I don’t know how long that’ll take…. Did anyone have the same issue? Hopefully that’ll be fixed by August, didn’t wait 6 full months to get nothing in return...

Salut à toi, 

j’ai le problème, j’ai contacté l’assistance de Shadow ils m’ont répondu qu’il y avait une maintenance au serveur de Paris que le problème sera bientôt résolu, je devrais recevoir un mail de confirmation de mon Shadow pour dire que je accepté la nouvelle condition. 

bon chance.

Userlevel 2

WhIcH sHoUlD bE AnY dAy NoW. Would have been better to keep it a surprise and just activate. Don't cocktease me with this one line of vagueness. Day 3 waiting on the any day now promise.

Is there an update coming up or have you guys already fixed it where the USB port works whenever I attach a USB cable does the cloud PC now able to detect whenever I attached another device?????

Hey from France, got this email saying that I could get a second month free if I activate Shadow before the end of August or be refunded…. Problem is that I need to agree to the terms of service, which I can’t even seem to access for some reason (even clicking on the link the mail gave me, it redirects me to the account page rather than the terms of service, am I missing something??).

Furthermore when I try to connect with the app on my PC, it says that my indentifications are incorrect… despite clearly working on browser. Tried changing email/password, didn’t work... I sent a mail to the support team, got a reply claiming that the activation process had an error and are currently working on activating my Shadow? I should be receiving a reply eventually when they’ll do that, but I don’t know how long that’ll take…. Did anyone have the same issue? Hopefully that’ll be fixed by August, didn’t wait 6 full months to get nothing in return...

Userlevel 2

This is pretty big and should probably be talked about elsewhere. I think it immediately says we have to shut our mouths if for $31 a month you get dual core, 4GB RAM and 128GB SSD from Microsoft that Shadow clearly was shooting themselves in the foot for selling their service for under $30 for so long.

Userlevel 1

Not to kill the hype or anything, but when Shadow said , '’Any day now’’, I don’t think they actually meant one of these days. I could be wrong, but I think they meant very soon when they said Any day now. Like I said, I could be wrong and they might of actually meant one of these days.

Bruh you killed me

Haha lol, don’t fret, Shadow have resumed activations and they must of been giving us some sort of hint when they said any day now, so our Shadow should be activated very soon. I’d say the end of August is the max it would take the people that ordered January 2021 or before, to be activated.

Hahaha when i First Received Email i thought it was my activation xd yeah i ordered in december

Not to kill the hype or anything, but when Shadow said , '’Any day now’’, I don’t think they actually meant one of these days. I could be wrong, but I think they meant very soon when they said Any day now. Like I said, I could be wrong and they might of actually meant one of these days.

Bruh you killed me

Haha lol, don’t fret, Shadow have resumed activations and they must of been giving us some sort of hint when they said any day now, so our Shadow should be activated very soon. I’d say the end of August is the max it would take the people that ordered January 2021 or before, to be activated.

Userlevel 1

Bruh you killed me

Userlevel 1

Has someone already got his Shadow ?

I also got the email that my shadow should be active any day now but no email on activiation yet.

First, sorry for my Bad english. My mother Language is German, so sorry for that.

If got this Email too.

Shadow was bankrupt since March. Now that everything has been settled with the new company, the Shadow team would like to first activate the customers who have been waiting since March.
So now the Shadow should get activated for March. then april, then may, then june ... and so on

Haha, im german too ;) 

Well, I ordered in January and it is not activated yet. 

Probably they have to start with December or whenever.. 

I just hope for everyone here, that it won't take so long anymore. 

I ordered in december and got mail on monday that in a few days it will be activated, still waiting but i hope i will get it this week...

Userlevel 1

https://techcrunch.com/2021/07/14/microsoft-launches-windows-365/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmF0Lw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAEX9_dCUaX4DfC8g7nQArwQImRuoBK35xfOvj7GM7bzb-jPr3yVH1Uon88y8At3SOCUCUa2pwKA5nVBYz3WqpRYZ4r2nnmPQm02YF5Ev0sc5x00bwo6-zunHBEm28WNLfmy4qc8DAlRBK9AxEbcgKpYiMdLeXsa66rz-SYLJiAIZ

Haha, im german too ;) 

Dann wirst du noch eine lange Zeit warten dürfen. Die Wartezeiten vor ihrer Insolvenz waren grob 1 Jahr bis zur Aktivierung. Also die jenigen, die im März 2020 bestellt haben, hätten März 2021 aktiviert werden müssen. Die hängen 4-5 Monate hinter her mit der regulären Aktivierung! 

for the Other users, if you buy shadow in Janury 2021 or later, Then you Need to Wait a Long Time 

I also got the email that my shadow should be active any day now but no email on activiation yet.

First, sorry for my Bad english. My mother Language is German, so sorry for that.

If got this Email too.

Shadow was bankrupt since March. Now that everything has been settled with the new company, the Shadow team would like to first activate the customers who have been waiting since March.
So now the Shadow should get activated for March. then april, then may, then june ... and so on

Haha, im german too ;) 

If got this Email too.

Schadow ist am ende, preis wider verdoppelt. 

Ein PC Kauf / Finanzierung mit Strom ist preiswerter als das Aktuelle Shadow System.

2 Jahren auf Vorbestellungen für Ultra Warten und keine Infos geben.

Ultra Vorbestellungen ohne Entschädigung widerrufen 2 Jahre für nix gewartet.

Seit beginn immer noch die gleiche Hardware ohne Upgrades.

Versprochene Leistung wird nicht erbracht (NVidia Quadro P5000) ist keine (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080) 

Die liste ist noch so viel länger, es ist einfach traurig als Kunde fühle ich mich nur verarscht und betrogen.

Versprechen werden nicht eingehalten und auch auf die bestehende Leistung kann man die nicht verlassen.

Einfach traurig wie derbe Mann auf Kunden kacken kann sag ja nur 2 Jahre auf Ultra keine Infos geben und zum Schluss einfach rausnehmen.

Wie kann man bitte so ein unternehmen führen ?

Wenn man alleine zu dumm ist kosten nachfrage und Angebot zu decken und das von Anfang an.

Sachen versprechen die man Garnichts einhalten kann um wahrscheinlich mehr Leute zu funken einfach arm die Politik .

Ich freue mich endlich Shadow nach dieser langen harten zeiten zu verlassen und lieber aktuell eine überteuerte neue Garik kaufe als wider Shadow Terror zu ertragen und am ende mehr leistung fur mein Geld bekomme und weniger stress XD das mann  das so sagen kann tut echt weh aber liegt ja nicht an mir danke für nix ich hoffe ihr geht pleite  denn verdinnen tuht ihr es sicher nicht schlächtester anbieter denn ich je hatte.

This is how stereotypes are born. Everyone posts in english but you want to make us learn your native language.

I‘m just gonna Translate it Short for him!

Jeder außer du, schreibt im Forum englisch! Falls es nicht aufgefallen sein sollte! 

PS: Mit einer Finanzierung kommst du selbst bei 5 Jahren nicht an den Preis von Shadow heran. Da ist noch keine Rede vom Strom oder den Teilen die du jährlich erneuern musst!

PS: With a financing you will not come close to the price of Shadow even after 5 years. There is still no talk of electricity cost or the parts that you have to renew every year!

So langsam wäre es echt schön, wenn es Mal wieder handfeste Informationen von Shadow geben würde, wie der aktuelle Stand der Dinge ist. 

Ich kann nicht für jeden sprechen, aber wir warten und wollen einfach nur eine positive Aussicht haben, das eine Aktivierung in Sicht ist. 

Bitte Shadow, gebt uns irgend eine Aussicht!

Slowly it would be really nice if there would be some solid information from Shadow about the current state of activations. 

I can't speak for everyone, but we are waiting and just want to have a positive outlook that an activation is in sight. 

Please Shadow, give us some kind of prospect!

Badge

I don't understand the point of anyone cancelling their pre-order, You've paid already, I pre-ordered March 2nd of this year with a activation date by 5/31/2021 and activation dates depend on which data center you're assigned to. Mine is the "Santa Clara ca" Data Center. Listen, idk what everyone is exactly using their shadow pc for but when people on here say they are cancelling or leaving for Nvidia or another service, that's ridiculous because there's not a comparable service that let's you do what shadow does, People might forget that this isn't your run of the mill cloud gaming service , This is your very own high end full features gaming PC for you to use however you want, download any software you want, games, anything just like a PC in your home, For me I'm getting this service because I don't have a high end gaming PC so I'm using this service mainly because I have a Oculus quest 2 that I want to set up for PC VR gaming and this shadow service is the only service that will make this happen without me going out and buying a $2,000 set up. Everyone's situation is different for wanting this service, but don't compare it to another because there just isn't one. It's been a long wait I know.... But I'm still excited. 

This is precisely my intention with shadow. PCVR gaming with OQ2. Same server and activation date too.