06/29 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey Team Shadow,

Welcome to this week’s update on Shadow Boost activations!

Last week we announced an unfortunate delay for those of Team Shadow that ordered before May 26th on the Chicago, New York, and Texas datacenters. We’re sorry for this delay and for those that might have missed the email, your updated delivery date is Early July. 

European activations are back to normal after last week’s edge cases, and our Santa Clara datacenter is currently activating ahead of schedule. 

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

And a last note before the update, thank you all for the excitement and feedback about getting your Shadows. Your enthusiasm is infectious!

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

If pre-order date is before May 26th:
Delayed to Early July

If pre-order date is between May 26th - June 1st:

Activation by July 23rd 2020 (after pre-orders before May 26th)

If pre-order date is June 1st or later:

Activations starting from July 2020 (after pre-orders before June 1st)

Target by next activation update:
Latest activation has May 5th pre-order date

DALLAS:

Delayed to Early July

Latest activation has May 11th pre-order date

NEW YORK:

Delayed to Early July

Latest activation has May 8th pre-order date

SANTA CLARA:

If pre-order date is June 10th or later:

Activations promised to start July 2020

Latest activation has June 23rd pre-order date(activating ahead of schedule)

PARIS:

If pre-order date is before June 10th:
Pre-orders are on track to be delivered late summer (August-September)

Activations starting October 2020

Latest activation has April 9th pre-order date

AMSTERDAM:

Activations starting July 2020

Latest activation has May 15th pre-order date

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

This topic has been closed for comments

93 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

Between last week’s activation update and today’s it appears you’ve activated 1 days worth of preorders on the NY server. 

Could you provide additional details on how you plan to activate all preorders placed before May 26th in the next 12 days?

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is the list going to get updated today? I’m really curious if any progress is being made with the NY DC.

New York

Not you........

Nvm it activated. Thank you shadow! June 22 pre order

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hello,

Between last week’s activation update and today’s it appears you’ve activated 1 days worth of preorders on the NY server. 

Could you provide additional details on how you plan to activate all preorders placed before May 26th in the next 12 days?

Thanks!

Sure! As mentioned in the email sent to all impacted users, the delay is due to a late storage delivery involving our partners. While the current activation frequency is low to ensure we maintain a quality experience for our existing users, that storage delivery will allow us to activate at an accelerated rate once it’s deployed.

I got access to my shadow today! I preordered may 6th, and I'm on the Chicago data center. So far, after a quick graphics card update and some settings adjustments, everything is working great! 👍 performance is excellent, partially because i have fiber internet running 908Mbps download speed (tested on the shadow using Firefox via speakeasy speed test connected to Chicago, IL). I live near fort Campbell militarily base of that helps anyone get an idea of what to expect. I'm using shadow with the nvidia shield tv on a 4k tv. The performance of shadow is MUCH better than geforce now so far!

Userlevel 1

I subbed may 14th and I might not be reading it right but I’m New York.. when is that date?

NEW YORK:

If pre-order date is before May 26th: (YOU)
Delayed to Early July

Extremely odd how 1 week passed and they’ve only conducted 1 day worth of activations...

Userlevel 2
Badge

Okay so here's possibly a dumb question…

I pre-ordered on May 8th. They said orders through the 8th would before the next update, and they activate from Monday-Thursday. It's 5PM on Thursday and I still haven't been activated. Any chance it happens later tonight or this weekend or will it be delayed until Monday?

This speaks to my initial point. As I type this there are 8 calendar days left in what can reasonably be considered  “early-July;” of which only 4 will be used for new activations. I just don’t see how they activate that many accounts in 4 days. 

I understand covid and supplier related delays, but when delivery dates get revised and it seems pretty apparent from day 1 that the revised dates can’t be met… that’s when I get a little frustrated. 

I personally would prefer a more realistic delivery date even if it’s much, much farther in the future.  

My bottom line is that you have what appears to be a fairly amazing service but the lack of transparency is starting to erode my enthusiasm.

I will again request additional detail on Shadow’s ability to make the early-July delivery date and specifics on how this is going to happen. 

Thanks!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey Team Shadow,

Welcome to this week’s update on Shadow Boost activations!

Last week we announced an unfortunate delay for those of Team Shadow that ordered before May 26th on the Chicago, New York, and Texas datacenters. We’re sorry for this delay and for those that might have missed the email, your updated delivery date is Early July. 

European activations are back to normal after last week’s edge cases, and our Santa Clara datacenter is currently activating ahead of schedule. 

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

And a last note before the update, thank you all for the excitement and feedback about getting your Shadows. Your enthusiasm is infectious!

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Delayed to Early July

Latest activation has May 5th pre-order date

DALLAS:

Delayed to Early July

Latest activation has May 11th pre-order date

NEW YORK:

Delayed to Early July

SANTA CLARA:

Activations promised to start July 2020

Latest activation has June 23rd pre-order date(activating ahead of schedule)

PARIS:

Pre-orders are on track to be delivered late summer (August-September)

Activations starting October 2020

Latest activation has April 9th pre-order date

AMSTERDAM:

Latest activation has May 15th pre-order date

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

Don’t know about y’all, but I’m curious what tomorrow’s activation update will bring. 

Any new information?

I ordered mine on the 24 of June hope to get activated as soon as possible.

Dugimon which data center are you in?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

what is uk under ? Paris or Amsterdam ? 
thank you for your work

UK is under the Paris data center. Thanks for your question! If you need to check sometime in the future, we have it listed on https://status.shadow.tech/

Userlevel 1

NEW YORK:

Delayed to Early July

Activation by July 23rd 2020 (after pre-orders before May 26th)

Activations starting from July 2020 (after pre-orders before June 1st)

Has it really been a week, and only 1 day of preorders were activated?

damn… seems like our activations are going to be the end of july..

Userlevel 2
Badge

NEW YORK:

Delayed to Early July

Activation by July 23rd 2020 (after pre-orders before May 26th)

Activations starting from July 2020 (after pre-orders before June 1st)

Has it really been a week, and only 1 day of preorders were activated?

damn… seems like our activations are going to be the end of july..

At their current rate more like end of September. 

I'm confused by the Santa Clara one. Last week it said the goal was to be done up to the 15th, and this week is supposed to be done up to the 23rd, but the order says June 10th and beyond in July. So how far are you? I had an order date of June 13th, and I'm not complaining, but just curious on a time line.

well sometimes we actually manage to underpromise and overdeliver :)

Someone who ordered on 8/4 in the UK has been activated but the target by next Monday is 9/4?

Looks like I’ve got about three weeks to go as I’m 11/4

Why is Paris so far behind everyone else?

because we are french and unfortunately the frenchs love us :(

AMSTERDAM:

Latest activation has May 15th pre

I pre-ordered my shadow boost on May 24th when would start the activating From me?

If shadow activates 1 shadow a time it should be medio july

Userlevel 1

@CConn Looks like I'm in the same position as you are. I pre ordered may 6th and yesterday it moved to subscription. It says "Starts on July 29th 2020 - end of commitment July 29th 2020".

@RyanFromShadow  What exactly does this mean? Will i not have access until July 29th?

So you’ll have to wait almost three months to play on this. The gaming better be worth the wait. 

You do realize how up and coming business and technology works, right?

When OnePlus released their first phone, it was next to impossible to buy one, now they’re sold widely by both T-Mobile and Verizon.

These companies have to crawl before they can walk.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I reckon Ryan is the cause of coronavirus.

He seems to be being blamed for everything else.

Give the poor sod a break, he’s doing his best.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

So it looks like I’ve moved from My Orders over to Subscription, it also shows my billing date as the 29th of every month (today).

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how long it’ll be until I’m actually activated?

Normally if you go on to your account and go onto “My order” it will tell you when you ordered and roughly when you will get your shadow

Yes, I know. I used to have that, but just today it switched over to Subscription. As described in the FAQ:

“You can also see where you are in our activation process through your Account Page: https://account.shadow.tech/ under the “Orders” tab.  Once your Shadow has been activated, this order will move to the “Subscriptions & Billings” tab.  Your subscription will not start until your Shadow has been activated.”

So in my account it’s switched over to Subscriptions, but I’m not yet actually activated.

Please disregard the date shown in your account page, as it’s an issue with our account page that our team is fixing alongside other improvements to come for activation communication. You are not losing subscription time, and your billing will based on your activation date once it happens.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

is it working for egypt i just buy it today first time uesing it but its says

your shadow is being prepared and is not yet accessible

https://help.shadow.tech/hc/en-gb/articles/360011196119-How-to-Test-Your-Connection-to-Shadow

test your connection to the data center you have signed up at and see if you meet the requirements. You can try the other ones and see if you get better results. If you do, register there and  refund your initial preorder. 

if you have ordered today then you’ll have to wait for the activation. See the original post for how long. 

Hi guys, just a quick q. I know Ryan - who’s doing a lot to keep us updated - mentioned that the earlier users are much more affected because once past those, they will be able to accelerate with the newer shadows. I’m just wondering if that’s the case where someone like me who ordered on June 22nd, is the end of July still a likely scenario (as it says in my account)?

I ordered 11th April and am hoping for mine by the end of July.

Which datacenter are you?

My order date was also April 11th (I’m in the UK) and mine was activated yesterday, so hopefully you’ve not got long to go. :fingers_crossed:

Badge

On what date are they now in Paris dc? Ordered mine on 25 April 

Userlevel 1
Badge

On what date are they now in Paris dc? Ordered mine on 25 April 

Two posts above you someone said he ordered on 1¼ and got activated yesterday, I ordered on 1¼ and haven’t been activated yet, so I’m guessing they are part way through 11/4

Userlevel 1

Okay so here's possibly a dumb question…

I pre-ordered on May 8th. They said orders through the 8th would before the next update, and they activate from Monday-Thursday. It's 5PM on Thursday and I still haven't been activated. Any chance it happens later tonight or this weekend or will it be delayed until Monday?

Ok so my data center is Santa Clara, any update on what the latest activation pre-order date is? Says latest activated is june 23rd i pre-ordered june 26th. Just curious if anyone that pre-ordered after june 23rd has been activated yet.