07/06 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

133 replies

Badge

Like activations, can we get a storage availability update? Paris has been out of extra storage for over a month again, also there is no waiting list or sign up for those that want it, so how will we know without checking every day?

Urgh, why is Paris so much slower than everywhere else 😒

Probably cause it serves the most countries.

Looks like i will be waiting till august the month i go back to school 💀 and my birthday month yikes

Haha literally same

i had shadow before and tbh i would swaer by it. i paid in late may like the 23rd or the 25th, right before the deadline, and i cant wait to get my activation email. totally respect the delay, good things are worth waiting for. one thing i would love to see though is pehaps a visual indicator that i need to pay my bill or have an urgent notification as when i lost my last shadow it was due to a problem in my payment method i could have easily fixed. would be nice if i could add a secondary payment method as well, but either way you guys do amazing things and have my support regardless. cant wait for the ghost to be available, would love to have a cool physicalized box so i can mnake it an independent pc and use my laptop as well. 

Userlevel 1

I just wish Shadow staff would be honest with us, how is 2 weeks from now early July?

they havent been once yet so what makes you think theyll be honest now. i bet investors backed out, they need cash big time to keep in business, so they are taking people preorder money to fix their current problems without worrying about the poeple they are taking money from until their problem is fixed. so its not like update times are actually accurate. 

Userlevel 1

AMSTERDAM:

If pre-order date is before June 10th:

Activations starting July 2020

If pre-order date is June 10th or later:

Target by next activation update:
Latest activation has May 23rd pre-order date

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

I have ordered mine on 24 May when would mine be activated?

amsterdam 

Based on the current trend, likely next week. However, we’ll confirm that in next week’s update when we provide the new “Target by next activation update” for Amsterdam

Any information on when an order for 1st of April in Amsterdam will be activated?

If it’s a Shadow Boost pre-order on April 1st in Amsterdam, it should have been activated by now and I recommend the person contact support for them to investigate.

reached out to support. They could not help. I got an automated response and then the sentence that my activation is most likely happening in July but they couldn’t provide any other information. In other words I’m as smart as before and still waiting on my activation since 01. April.

Userlevel 1

For all the people who want like by the minute updates on when you'll be activated, wouldn't you rather those resources go to getting people activated as quickly as possible instead of just communicating about it?

I don’t want up to the minute updates, but if Shadow knew I wouldn’t be activated in June they should have updated us as soon as they knew that. Instead they waited until the last minute and sent an email with “Early July” even though they had to have know at the time that that wasn’t a realistic goal.

Just update us with realistic timeframes instead of stringing us along with made up dates. 

I agree with that.

Userlevel 1

AMSTERDAM:

If pre-order date is before June 10th:

If pre-order date is June 10th or later:

Target by next activation update:
Latest activation has May 23rd pre-order date

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

I have ordered mine on 24 May when would mine be activated?

amsterdam 

Based on the current trend, likely next week. However, we’ll confirm that in next week’s update when we provide the new “Target by next activation update” for Amsterdam

Any information on when an order for 1st of April in Amsterdam will be activated?

If it’s a Shadow Boost pre-order on April 1st in Amsterdam, it should have been activated by now and I recommend the person contact support for them to investigate.

reached out to support. They could not help. I got an automated response and then the sentence that my activation is most likely happening in July but they couldn’t provide any other information. In other words I’m as smart as before and still waiting on my activation since 01. April.

I got that response too, so I replied to them extremely assertively describing my problem and they actually responded and said a support ticket was put in for me.

FYI, Ryan, the way you guys are communicating - particularly your support team - is starting to create a really bad look for you guys, and will probably start costing you subscribers. I totally get delays - particularly with a start up such as this - but your customers at least deserve the courtesy and respect of individualized replies, not this copy and pasted script BS. Literally everyone knows that kind of a reply is akin to saying “We don’t care, stop bothering us.” It’s insulting.

@RyanFromShadow 

I pre-ordered in April, the 25th to be exact. My shadow is in the Chicago DC. My billing changed over this last cycle but the hardware (CPU/Graphics) is the same as I have had all along. Am I missing something? The post shows you are on May 13th orders for the Chicago DC. I just want to make sure I understand. Will I get switched over or am I keeping what I have.

A response would be much appreciated.

Badge

when are we getting the tiers on the USA?

i’ve been waiting quite a while for some news about the tiers.

Userlevel 1

@RyanFromShadow

I pre-ordered in April, the 25th to be exact. My shadow is in the Chicago DC. My billing changed over this last cycle but the hardware (CPU/Graphics) is the same as I have had all along. Am I missing something? The post shows you are on May 13th orders for the Chicago DC. I just want to make sure I understand. Will I get switched over or am I keeping what I have.

at this point its too much. use nvidia geforce now. its $5 a month and is instant access. nothing about what they do should be delayed unless they dont have anything and just need money to buy it then can work. but ive had the service before and it worked in minutes. no corona bullshit can slow them down and have competitors working fine, its because thats not the issue, they are lying to all of us. @shadow go ahead and sue me for slander but ill sue you right back for false advertisement and fraud. good luck to yall but no business can succeed without a product. 

Userlevel 1

@RyanFromShadow

at this point its too much. use nvidia geforce now. its $5 a month and is instant access. nothing about what they do should be delayed unless they dont have anything and just need money to buy it then can work. but ive had the service before and it worked in minutes. no corona bullshit can slow them down and have competitors working fine, its because thats not the issue, they are lying to all of us. @shadow go ahead and sue me for slander but ill sue you right back for false advertisement and fraud. good luck to yall but no business can succeed without a product. 

You forgot to mention there’s a grand total of like 5 good games on GeForce Now.

@RyanFromShadow

You forgot to mention there’s a grand total of like 5 good games on GeForce Now.

@tuckabucka 

Whoa there dude, I think you misunderstood my post. @RyanFromShadow’s update shows they are on orders from May 13th for the Chicago DC. I have a working Shadow right now but its the old configuration, I pre-ordered the Shadow Boost on April 25th and my billing has started for that price point but the hardware configuration has not changed. I have an XBox One X and a Switch, I use this to play FPS since I don’t like console controllers for shooters. I’m not at all concerned about the price since I was paying more for this before anyway, I’m just asking when the hardware configuration will change.

Has anyone on the Santa Clara (california) data center that's on here been activated yet? If so what's your pre-order date, i want to know the latest activation that has been done...  

I ordered on the first of July. All it tells me is that it will be activated in July 2020. I understand if you cannot give me an exact date but could I please get an estimate?

Userlevel 3

Amsterdam activates Pre-orders for May 23. Now is July 9th. When will I receive my Shadow owl if I have the order date on June 18th?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Still no updated information about higher tier activations? 

Userlevel 1

I pre-ordered on June 24th 2020 and I still haven't received SHADOW

You need to calm down, you’ve literally not even waited a month and you’re complaining. The 2nd month for my activation is coming up, it is frustrating to wait but the result of waiting is great.

You’re acting like your 5

It’s my first week on this account ya but I tried first in feb and waited a long ass time and never got activated. Then they advertise on their main home page “instant access in areas” I get that people have been waiting, I do, but take that shit of the fucking home screen then. That’s like ordering groceries online and going to pick them up and they say sorry we’ve had delays, and you say ok when can I get them and they say again “sorry we have delays” with no eta on when is good. 

Hey #TeamShadow, adding a reply here for anyone that might be subscribed to the thread to let you know that there’s been an update to this post. Specifically: Paris, Chicago, New York, and Texas “Target by next activation update” sections have been update, as the team has been able to activate faster than initially projected.

Is it possible to also add in the last activation date that has been activated on the next update?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Nice to see you guys have picked up the pace!

Might be activated this week or next week, may 21st preorder date, new york datacenter! 

Cheers :) 

Userlevel 1

Hey #TeamShadow, adding a reply here for anyone that might be subscribed to the thread to let you know that there’s been an update to this post. Specifically: Paris, Chicago, New York, and Texas “Target by next activation update” sections have been update, as the team has been able to activate faster than initially projected.

Hey Ryan, my Shadow still hasn't been activated, and while I do have an open support ticket, it's been two days now and the activation team still hadn't responded to it.

Is there anything you could possibly do to facilitate getting my issue taken care of? If I'm not activated today, it'll be going on two weeks past when - by all your estimated - I should've been activated.

It's becoming particularly disappointing that such an obvious issue would be effectively ignored for this long.

If you don't recall, my preorder date was May 8th.

sounds like you got a step closer
My support ticket was closed two hours ago with the response of “It is not possible to have more details regarding your activation date.”

my preorder date was the first of April
EDIT: in Amsterdam

@RyanFromShadow, why exactly are you speeding up activations when you can't even answer support tickets for customers who subscribed months ago?

Userlevel 1

Excited about the new activation update on the activation update (lol) about Shadow picking up the pace! Thank you everyone at Shadow who’s working hard on making sure everyone has access to their virtual machines. #TeamShadow

What’s the latest preorder date that has been activated in the Santa Clara data base? Asking for a friend lol

Ordered July 8th 

I live in Nevada (Vegas), hope to get activated soon! Pretty excited! 

What’s the latest preorder date that has been activated in the Santa Clara data base? Asking for a friend lol

What's his pre-order date?