News

07/13 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

🚨 Update 07/14:

We have read and seen all of your comments. We are temporarily closing down the comments to prevent misinformation. We understand the current frustration that people are experiencing and are working hard to address these issues. We will be coming out with more communication soon. We would like to reassure everyone that they will get their Shadow. 

-Greta, CM UK. 

Hey #TeamShadow,

This week we’re adding a new section beneath each data center, “Start of week”.

As one might imagine, this will be the beginning point of activations for each datacenter in a given week. Combine this with our target for your datacenter and consider yourself in the know on whether you should be activated this week!

For New York and Chicago, the deployment of necessary storage to activate your Shadows is still in progress but slower than our desired frequency. We’re sorry for this, and appreciate you for your patience as the team works to exceed our current activation targets.

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

If pre-order date is before May 26th:
Activation in Early July 2020 (delayed from June)

If pre-order date is between May 26th - June 1st:

Activation by July 23rd 2020 (after pre-orders before May 26th)

If pre-order date is June 1st or later:

Activations starting from July 2020 (after pre-orders before June 1st)

Start of week:
May 17th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has May 20th pre-order date

TEXAS:

Start of week:

May 24th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has May 29th pre-order date

NEW YORK:

Start of week:

May 18th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has May 21st pre-order date

SANTA CLARA:

If pre-order date is June 26th or later:

Activation starting July 2020

Start of week:

June 26th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has July 7th pre-order date

PARIS:

If pre-order date is before June 10th:
Pre-orders are on track to be delivered late summer (August-September)
If pre-order date is June 10th or later:

Activations starting October 2020

Start of week:

April 15th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has April 19th pre-order date

AMSTERDAM:

If pre-order date is before June 10th:

Activations starting July 2020

If pre-order date is June 10th or later:

Activations starting July 2020

Start of week:

May 23rd pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has May 27th pre-order date

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

This topic has been closed for comments

100 replies

Userlevel 2

Awesome! Can’t wait to get activated. Just preordered on July 2nd and it says i will be activated July 2020!

Awesome! Can’t wait to get activated. Just preordered on July 2nd and it says i will be activated July 2020!

I have a preorder from June 22nd, still waiting. :raised_back_of_hand:

Userlevel 2

Where are you located? 

根据计划,5月20日的订单将在本周激活吗?(New York)

Not sure I understand the new “start of week” thing. Last week’s update had May 18th as the last activated Shadow (NY datacenter). Now it’s only 14th.

Did I understand something wrong? Or is there a typo in one of the two posts?

Nicolas

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Not sure I understand the new “start of week” thing. Last week’s update had May 18th as the last activated Shadow (NY datacenter). Now it’s only 14th.

Did I understand something wrong? Or is there a typo in one of the two posts?

Nicolas

Great catch! I’ve adjusted to the 18th to reflect last week’s activating ahead of schedule for New York

Userlevel 1

I preordered on the 20th, NY DC and it went to Subscription, but it hasn't been activated... If feel like it'll expire faster now because of this

Userlevel 3

NEW YORK:

Target by next Monday:

I ordered my boost on May 22nd.  By this information it looks like I would get activated sometime next week 7/20- 7/23. This is by no means “Early July.” At some point you need to own the relationship you have with your vendors and accept responsibility for their failure. This problem has persisted for months. You selected them and by now could have found alternative suppliers. Simply blaming them is no longer good enough. Please clarify what steps if any you are undertaking to reconcile with your vendors or find alternative suppliers. Otherwise your estimates are meaningless.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Can’t wait to have you! Thanks for joining #TeamShadow :D

Hehe, you’re welcome ! Puts my activation 4days earlier, yay ! :D

Have a great day

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Thank you for your patience EyeRis 🙏

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey it says in the subscription tab that I'm activated, but I can't access the service. Does this mean I have to wait till the end of the week to use shadow?!?!

Userlevel 2

Hey it says in the subscription tab that I'm activated, but I can't access the service. Does this mean I have to wait till the end of the week to use shadow?!?!

Yes it means you should be activated soon! I would say in a couple days to a week

Userlevel 1

Same here, says that too and im worried it'll lower my time with my VM

Badge

ooo gettin’ close to my preorder date, can't wait :D

Userlevel 1

I’ve a question. On August 28th I’ll leave back to California for school / soccer. I’m currently in NY until then, and I pre-ordered on June 22nd. If I do get activated at some point in August (which now seems more than likely), is there any way I can change my server to the California ones once it's time for me to leave NY? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Let me get this straight - I'm going to need to wait ANOTHER WEEK? Smh.

Userlevel 2
Badge

How can you say New York activations for May 26th will be done by “early July”, but in 2 days it’ll be July 15th and you’re only going to reach May 21st by the end of this week? I understand COVID-19 is disrupting activations, but you can’t keep blatantly lying to us like this. You’re consistently over-estimating your abilities to activate new users and I’m tired of it.  I ordered May 22nd and these delays are killing me. I have no PC to use right now besides my 2012 office desktop and I need shadow NOW for both entertainment and work purposes. 

I have an pending activation from May 24th at the NY datacenter. Is it going to activate anytime soon? I originally preordered on the 19th of the month (which for whatever reason you guys cancelled) and I’m going to be very frustrated if I miss the cutoff  

Yes! I ordered Shadow Boost in California (Santa Clara Datacenter) on June 30th and my account was activated today (July 13th, around 7:30 AM PST).

Hope this helps a few fellow gamers on the US west coast :-)

Badge

Yeah! I ordered on July 12, now I have to wait patiently for the activation, although it says that it activates in the same month of July, so I look forward to using shadow soon 

Where are you located? 

Northern Minnesota, I assume that would put me in Chicago datacenters.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Please get this straight with me shadow -

I’ve been living with my laptop for the past almost 2 months now, getting 3 fps while scrolling down the walmart webpage and taking 15 minutes to start up my computer. I am tired of this. Today, I wake up and perform my daily ritual - check my shadow if its activated. Then I see, gladly, that it’s moved to my subscription tab! I’m very happy, and try to sign into the launcher. “Sorry your shadow is being activated” WHY did you give me false hope that my shadow was going to be activated?? 

So I come here on the forums and they say once that happened it will take 1-2 days for me to be activated, then this weekly thingy comes out and boom bang dam, I have to wait another week. Early July is OVER! Do you hear me shadow? It’s over, yet you’re still pushing more time onto me blaming it on your “Partners”. It’s been far too long shadow and I am getting at the end of my patience with you. You better pull yourself together and get  your (pretty big) company back together, because right now its a total mess. I am extremely disappointed that once again I will not be getting my shadow by the predicted time and will be delayed once again. After this week ends, you’re going to have another stupid excuse, without any transparency for your buyers. All the info you give out is “Partners couldn’t deliver storage”. I want to know more! And your stupid predictions which are always off - don’t you feel like you're being a bit too optimistic? First it was 6-7 weeks, then it was End of June, the it was 6-8 weeks, now its early july, and after this what’s it going to be? Or is your definition of early july Late August? Because that's what I’m seeing here. For a entire week you only managed to get 2 days or so worth of activations done? And you leave false hope for people in the subscription tab? I don’t get what’s with you shadow but I am reaching the end of my patience with you. 

I don’t get what’s with you, paperspace stadia geforce now doesn’t have any problem with storage, but yet you have enough problems with it that you can delay your customers 3+ times!!!! All I wanted was to play some GTA 5 over the summer vacation. NOT HAPPENING it seems, all because of your “Partners who can’t deliver storage”. Yeah, OF COURSE i’m going to believe that. With thousands of people not activated you still take fridays off and only work 8 to 8 with a 3 hour lunch break. Your system for activation is also not so good - people in england got skipped with their activations and some person had no access to shadow but still was being billed. Over here at my subscriptions page it states that I should be activated today, see for yourself: 

So you’re just going to change the “Starts of July 13th” date every day to the date the day is on because you want to keep people on their toes about their activations? If its not activated, why the heck would you put it in my subscriptions tab? It makes -10 percent sense to me, if it’s there, YOU SHOULD BE ACTIVATED. But your sense is to just put it there and change the date. Wow, make sense to me! 

I bet here that the only people defending shadow are already activated / only a couple of weeks into their wait period. You’re sitting back, relaxing with your shadow and tell other people who have been waiting months and months to “Be patient! It’ll come eventually”. Your “Order tracking” is an absolute joke, it said that I would be getting my shadow by June when JUNE WAS ALREADY OVER. There is NO INFORMATION whatsoever about activations except for your puny little weekly activation notice just to let people down and let them know about more delays. Shadow is officially the worst experience ever I have had with a company. 

I will not be canceling because I do indeed want my Shadow, however you are the least caring company for users that I have ever seen. 

May I just add how stupid your “Support staff” answers questions with? It’s like their copy and pasting answers from a page. “SoRrY CoViD 19 iS cAuSiNg PrObLeMs AnD ouR PaRntNeRs CaN’t DelIvEr sTorAge” oh no what a tragedy GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER AND GET THOSE PARTNERS TO DELIVER THE STORAGE.

What I’m visualizing here is you a meek little child letting your “partners” toy around with you, using sound proof walls to block out the screams of all your “customers”. Forgot the phrase the Customer is always right - there’s next to none support AT ALL.

Next week its going to be the same excuse same excuse  same excuse  same excuse  same excuse  same excuse  same excuse  same excuse  same excuse  same excuse  same excuse  same excuse  same excuse  same excuse  same excuse   UNTIL ITS THE NEXT YEAR and you suddenly go bankrupt, ruh oh, looks like we can’t give any refunds! And the owners go hippity hoppity with their newfound money and live an amazing life. It’s happened before and I see no reason that it won’t happen to shadow the way this is going. 

Moderators if you remove this this proves that Shadow doesn’t want people back talking them. There was no curse words used and if you remove this it proves that you do not care about customers’s input and only the money that comes out of their wallets. 

NEW YORK:

Target by next Monday:

I ordered my boost on May 22nd.  By this information it looks like I would get activated sometime next week 7/20- 7/23. This is by no means “Early July.” At some point you need to own the relationship you have with your vendors and accept responsibility for their failure. This problem has persisted for months. You selected them and by now could have found alternative suppliers. Simply blaming them is no longer good enough. Please clarify what steps if any you are undertaking to reconcile with your vendors or find alternative suppliers. Otherwise your estimates are meaningless.

That is so true as if I purchase the thing let’s say tomorrow I should be able to play and do my stuff on it ASAP . I don’t have to wait for like 2 months or more. Just to get started. I’m kinda already frustrated as I ordered on June29. I also have a YouTube channel and cannot wait to review this thing. I mean all of my videos have came to a halt as I cannot even edit my videos as my pc is not good.. So please select new vendors if u can and please do it fast.. I love the idea of u guys but u need to be better in the activation stuff..

Userlevel 1

Yeah! I ordered on July 12, now I have to wait patiently for the activation, although it says that it activates in the same month of July, so I look forward to using shadow soon 

This is exactly what I am confused about. I ordered May 25th, and I am still waiting for activation. This week they are activating preorders from May 18th to May 21st. This indicates they are activating 3-4 days of pre-orders a week. If they continue at this pace we get:

7/20 they are at May 25th

7/27 they are at May 29th

Here they don’t even get to June pre-orders by the end of July. I don’t understand how @Hërodes who ordered July 12th will get it this month. In order for that to happen, they would have to process 10 days of May pre-orders, 30 days of June, and 12 days of July to get this person’s order activated. Thats 52 days of preorders processed/activated in 18 days. Is there any indication this is possible?